Sign in to follow this  
commanderx

How To disable thermal monitors in Vehicles?

Hi,

I would like to disable the thermal monitors in vehicles. You can disable the the thermal sight easily with disableTIEquipment but the monitors are still showing the thermal image.

Best regards

Kai

Actually; I would like to work out how to do the opposite to you; so that must mean I have the answer to your question in this mission file somewhere. I don't know where, but I'm going to scrounge around for you and see what I can dig up.

Found this. I'm guessing TI is thermal imaging;

if !(_class isKindOf "AllVehicles") exitWith {}; // goodbye everything that isnt a vehicle

if !(_vehicle isKindOf "CLASSES_OF_VEHICLES_YOU_WANT_THERMAL_IMAGING_ON") then
{
_vehicle disableTIEquipment true; // This is the line you want to put into places and things
};

I assume you could apply the disableTIEquipment paramenter wherever you want depending on how you want it applied. Single vehicles, or like this - in a script that checks all the vehicles.

>Excerpt of script modified for clarity from A3Wasteland files with thanks to AgentRev (Original Author)

Edited by Serion

You can change the PiP screens in vehicles. For example, run this while in Ifrit's gunner seat: ["rendertarget2",[getpos vehicle player, player],vehicle player,true] call BIS_fnc_PIP;

Gives an error but cripples the screen. I haven't looked at the code in the function and don't really know enough about these things, but I guess in theory it can be done.

The disableTIEquipment should definitely affect PiP also though, I hope BIS fixes it.

There is no way to "completely" remove the Thermal Imaging from the vehicles since some have the PiP screen with a Thermal readout,

You can only get rid of that by "crippling it" and throwing errors like Greenfist has said.

Until BIS decides

remove_veh_ti = {

// remove vehicle thermal imaging

private "_veh";

_veh = _this select 0;

_veh disableTIEquipment true;

should have an effect on those screens.. We wait.

The function I mentioned gave errors for me, but you could do the same properly manually. (or figure out how to get the function working)

Create a camera, attach it to the vehicle (maybe there's a suitable turret memorypoint for that), setPipEffect, render to texture and all that which I don't know enough about to help you more.

Thanks for all the help. I think I will wait until BIS will (hopefully) fix that problem.