Sign in to follow this  
FAR-Warrior

Weaponpool

Any know how to use "weaponpool" and "magazinepool" commands and is it possible to use them in a mp mission confused.gif

And how smile.gif

I do not think weapon pool can be used in MP. It is used to transfer weapons between missions. Are there are no linked missions in MP, weapon pool cannot be used.

Hi Suma,

Isn't it possible to trick it by "pickWeaponPool"ing and then "fillWeaponPool"ing during the same mission?

The goal being to count weapons and ammos in vehicles and ammo crates.

I think you can use weaponPool function in MP in one mission - if that makes sense to you.

Note, though:

- addWeaponPool/addMagazinePool do not work (see this topic)

- there are no function for counting magazines or weapons in the pool

I am really not sure if weapon poll can help you in what you are trying to achieve.

Would be cool to have ofp export weaponpool to a txt file or something in mp as well.. So people can play a campaign smile.gif This would of course also apply to loads of other stuff that should be exported from a mission. Different variables, making a war scenario possible without having to play it all once.

Yes good idea Espectro

But Suma, you haven't got another idea to count weapons and magazines in an ammobox or a vehicle confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Suma @ Sep. 25 2002,16:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">- there are no function for counting magazines or weapons in the pool<span id='postcolor'>

how about queryWeaponPool and queryMagazinePool? You used them yourself in the Resistance Campaign!

wink.gif

I think these fonctions works only in solo missions...

Used certainlly to save weapons status on hd...

So is it possible to save weapons status on ftp for a mp mission confused.gif

If yes, how wink.gifwink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bigpoppa @ Sep. 25 2002,23:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif8--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Suma @ Sep. 25 2002,16wow.gif8)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">- there are no function for counting magazines or weapons in the pool<span id='postcolor'>

how about queryWeaponPool and queryMagazinePool? You used them yourself in the Resistance Campaign!<span id='postcolor'>

No, it was not me smile.gif - I did not use those functions (I am not designing mission, you see wink.gif ) and I did not create them (I am not writing ALL Flashpoint code, you see wink.gif ). I have to admit I did not know such functions exists. When checking command refrence I did not check the most recent version, which already has those functions documented, and unfortuntelly they are not present in the command reference that is currently available on our website. We will fix this after upcoming patch will be out, together with documentation of new functions.

To conclude it:

- yes, you can use functions queryMagazinePool and queryWeaponPool to count weapons in the pool.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think you can use weaponPool function in MP in one mission <span id='postcolor'>

Unfortunatelly I have to correct this: pool functions work reliably only in SP Campaign, outside the campaign their outcome is undefined. Sometimes they might work, sometimes they might do nothing, depending on what campaigns player played since he launcher OFP:R exe file.

Thanks for the explanations, Suma.

But, if we can't use these functions in MP, how could we do to count ammos in vehicles and ammo crates? The basic idea behind using these functions in MP was to serve this purpose.

Saving the cargo of a crate to the pool, then immediatly affect the pool to a unit, on which we can count ammos with the magazines command. The idea is just to transfert ammunitions from a crate (on which the magazines command does not work) to a unit, on which we can count magazines.

Whis'

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (whisperFFW06 @ Sep. 26 2002,16:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But, if we can't use these functions in MP, how could we do to count ammos in vehicles and ammo crates?<span id='postcolor'>

I am sorry, but I am not aware of any way to acomplish this.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Suma @ Sep. 26 2002,12:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bigpoppa @ Sep. 25 2002,23:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Suma @ Sep. 25 2002,16wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">- there are no function for counting magazines or weapons in the pool<span id='postcolor'>

how about queryWeaponPool and queryMagazinePool? You used them yourself in the Resistance Campaign!<span id='postcolor'>

No, it was not me <!--emo&smile.gif - I did not use those functions (I am not designing mission, you see wink.gif ) and I did not create them (I am not writing ALL Flashpoint code, you see wink.gif ). I have to admit I did not know such functions exists. When checking command refrence I did not check the most recent version, which already has those functions documented, and unfortuntelly they are not present in the command reference that is currently available on our website. We will fix this after  upcoming patch will be out, together with documentation of new functions.

To conclude it:

- yes, you can use functions queryMagazinePool and queryWeaponPool to count weapons in the pool.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think you can use weaponPool function in MP in one mission <span id='postcolor'>

Unfortunatelly I have to correct this: pool functions work reliably only in SP Campaign, outside the campaign their outcome is undefined. Sometimes they might work, sometimes they might do nothing, depending on what campaigns player played since he launcher OFP:R exe file.<span id='postcolor'>

You mean u got help creating the game??!

Amateur!

tounge.gif