Sign in to follow this  
cptprice

time for a REAL independent side

hello,

this game has currently 3 sides: BLUFOR, OPFOR and INDFOR.

what is really missing: a real INDFOR which makes every faction inside this INDFOR as enemies each other.

the current INDFOR can be renamed to GREENFOR and then a new INDFOR can be added. this INDFOR should make every faction inside this INDFOR as enemies each other.

for example: if i create 10 custom factions: EU, USA, CHINA, RUSSIA, IS, TALIBAN, HAMAS, CHERNARUS ARMY, AFRICAN REBELS, SOUTH AFRICAN ARMY and i would put all 10 factions into the new INDFOR, then i would have EU vs USA vs CHINA vs RUSSIA vs IS vs TALIBAN vs HAMAS vs CHERNARUS ARMY vs AFRICAN REBELS vs SOUTH AFRICAN ARMY. this would be a pure team-deathmatch where every faction has no allied faction.

this is what im missing long time and please BI, give us a new INDFOR and rename the current INDFOR to GREENFOR. the name INDEPENDENT would get a new meaning because every faction that go into the new INDFOR would be really INDEPENDET.

this allows the community to create various new battles and missions which were not possible before.

... There is literally no reason for such an addition. You can already do this by placing your forces smartly. place the Neutral countries in the Green zone, the Western countries in the Blue zone, and the Eastern countries in the Red Zone. Or simply switch them around. Besides, i'm certain there is a script that can cause all factions to be enemies to everyone.

... There is literally no reason for such an addition. You can already do this by placing your forces smartly. place the Neutral countries in the Green zone, the Western countries in the Blue zone, and the Eastern countries in the Red Zone. Or simply switch them around. Besides, i'm certain there is a script that can cause all factions to be enemies to everyone.

there is enough reason for such an addition. it allows the community (incl. myself) to create missions and battles which were not possible before.

as for the script: sadly no, this isnt possible via script. the only thing we can do via script is: having a pure deathmatch. that means not only all factions fighting each other, but every unit from all factions kill each other. NATO unit kill other NATO unit etc..

Set the INDFOR friendly to no-one and boom there you have it. Everyone kills everyone. The game is hard coded as such that by default, NATO won't kill FIA etc. since they're both under BLUFOR. However it is possible by grouping the FIA soldiers to a OPFOR soldier and hiding the latter to make NATO kill FIA.

In fairness I definitely wouldn't say no to an improved side/faction system, even if you only have three sides where you could add factions to any sides (DCS uses this system, a red and blue side and when you create a new mission you add countries to each side). Currently it's fairly easy to do it via script (mass redressing) but it's not ideal.

It would remove all the annoyances when wanting to have 4 factions fighting each others or mod factions.

It would remove all the annoyances when wanting to have 4 factions fighting each others or mod factions.

+1 this