hcpookie

pook_SAM Pack v1.0

Tiger? What?

Pookie i meant

You had in your account shared a folder with Tiger images...\

Do you plan to work on it? Or it has been abandoned?

Sorry for being such a pain before Hcpookie!:o It`s just that I`ve see RKLS Rapier System for A 2 with a Land Rover and radar I`ve been eyeing for quite some time ,perhaps you could fix the range limitation of it by spawning in a short range radar that is syncronized with the radar like a "hand off" "Data-Link" system,it starts to provide the steering info for it.

Or decides when it spwans in a new missile,then deletes the first one.:cool:

Thanks for a great mod-even if I no longer play A2! But still hoping for it to show in A3.....

If you're suggesting I mod their work, well I can't. If you're suggesting fixes to my mod, I'll figure it out no worries.

Pookie i meant

You had in your account shared a folder with Tiger images...\

Do you plan to work on it? Or it has been abandoned?

We're keeping the focus of this topic on the SAM addon.

Thanks for fixing the link :)

Thanks for the mirror! :D

It is a little disheartening that I am working on all this and only hearing "can you make it for Arma 3" or "can you make another mod". Maybe I should stop making addons.

maybe arma 3 is bereft of decent innovative content...

certainly the stock stuff sucks.

i'll try to get this into RM mod pack this week

Maybe I should stop making addons.

From my point of view, that would be a shame. Our group and many of the groups we sometimes play with, only play A2CO not A3. We have given A3 a go but its simply not the same for game-play. That's only our view.

We thank any mod/addon maker for any new or existing content being made or supported.

Its a odd time now. There is lots of content not getting released and being kept private within groups etc. Its not a good thing but its the way things have progressed with the series and the worries some content makers have.

Its great that you make content and make it available, I/we in our group, would like to thank you for doing that. Plus we're not in the slightest bothered if you port it over, because A3 as it stands at present, isn't a game we use much.;)

Thanks.:)

INSURGENT SA3 site has some issues w/ crew members. I'll have to fix that in the next release.

Thanks for that feedback Chris, really appreciated :)

Thanks for the mirror Sonsalt! :)

COMING SOON - Anti-Radiation Missile (ARM) attacks for true BVR Wild Weasel engagements

Those AGM-88 and Kh-31 missiles can finally do something more than direct attacks! :) The following FRL missilebox missiles will be enabled with Indirect Fire modes:

"EB_M_Shrike_AT", // AGM45 Shrike

"EB_M_AGM88_AT", // AGM88 HARM

"EB_M_AGM122_AT", // AGM122 Sidearm

"EB_M_KH25MP_AT", // AS10 / Kh-25MP

"EB_M_KH15P_AT", // AS16 / Kh-15

"EB_M_KH31_AT" // AS17 / Kh-31

More information about these missiles can be found here:

http://www.ausairpower.net/APA-Rus-ASM.html

http://www.ausairpower.net/API-AGM-88-HARM.html

The indirect fire will NOT affect the current direct-fire modes. This is an action menu item. The Wild Weasel SEAD aircraft must enable the onboard ELS (Emitter Locator System) in order to lock the target. This will 'paint' the target with the red "target that..." circle.

It is then up to the Pilot and WSO to decide whether they wish to attempt a direct-fire engagement (as you can do now) or attempt an indirect-fire engagement at BVR ranges. The challenge with indirect-fire is that the Wild Weasel aircraft must climb high enough to ensure their missile will not be blocked by terrain, thus allowing the enemy radar emitter to lock them!

The missiles have been tested all the way across Takistan and Chernarus (yes indeed!) and have been relatively successful. A shot does not guarantee a kill, and you will have better kill probability if you gain enough altitude to ensure a long-distance engagement doesn't have mountains / terrain block the missile flight. Keep in mind that the radars are surrounded by earthen berms for additional protection. The high altitude of course means the missiles have a better shot at you! So direct flights over the target to engage direct fire mode and/or CBU etc. is still a viable option. We have decided that a 10km detection range is suitable, subject to change in the future.

The suppression of the engagement/targeting radars is the current implementation being tested. The additional ARM-based suppression of acquisition/EW radars is being considered for the future. Currently, destruction of these radars slightly modifies the abilities of the SAM sites. This feature may be enhanced in the future.

Edit to add: Please be aware that any fire control radar can be targeted, including SA-19 Tunguska, ZU-23-4 Shilka, SA-15, SA-11, SA-17, SA-22, Patriot, NASAMS, CRAM. There is an IFF interrogator function in the scripts, so you won't be able to lock a friendly or "neutral' (independent) target. They must be an enemy radar for the ELS to identify it as a viable target.

Since the AGM-122 Sidearm missile is available, SEAD suppression via helicopter hunter-killer flights will also be a reality! We are exploring additional ARM weapons such as the British ALARM, AGM136, and AGM78. The Russian AS12 is apparently a derivative of the AS10 with an AR seeker, so we may need to re-name the AS10 ARM as the AS-12. I have to do some more research into that, and these other weapons. The ALARM "loiter" mode is being explored as well. :)

Supplemental SAM Site improvements:

The SAM Sites will no longer attempt to engage unless the launchers have a clear view of the target. This means two things: 1) that the missiles won't be as aggressive at longer distances, and 2) closer engagements will become VERY challenging since they will correctly know you are on your way in! :) This new feature is experimental, and may be removed if it doesn't perform as well as expected.

Additionally, the SA3 sites will contain a wide array of optional close-in protection, via AAA batteries. This is similar in implementation to the SA-15/SA-22 point-defense capabilities found at the SA-10 sites. Ejecting over these sites will not be advised!

Also, the proximity fuses are being improved to better simulate real life conditions. This means they will be slightly less lethal depending on the specific missile parameters and flight path. Considerations are being made to cause engine failures depending on the proximity fuse impact.

NEW: Correct AAA sites.

The enemy can now correctly spawn AAA sites consisting of ZPU-4, ZU-23, and S-60, all enhanced by the presence of a SON-9 and/or SON-50 targeting radar, and possibly a PUAZO-6/60 optical rangefinder. While the optical rangefinder has the need to see the enemy aircraft, the benefit is that it is completely passive as it does not emit tracking radar signals. This means close-in overflights for CBU attacks will have little chance for success. Speed and height will be your ally for these types of attacks!

AAA sites may be supplemented with MANPAD launchers, so be aware. Also, the point-defense capabilities of the SAM sites (e.g. AAA, SA-15, SA-22) is not affected if the SAM site's primary engagement radar is destroyed. These secondary systems must be targeted individually, either via an additional ARM strike, or via direct attack (e.g. Maverick, CBU, AS-14, etc.). While these point-defense batteries are considered "short range" defensive assets, they warrant the exercise of caution after the initial SEAD strike takes out the primary radar array!

Future enhancements may include Eddie's PRACS AAA launchers, by permission, of course. The AAA sites will be especially dangerous for low-flying aircraft, helicopters, and UAV's. The AAA sites will contain correct AAA targeting radars and optical rangefinders. The ARM Missile attacks will have devastating effect on the abilities of the AAA batteries in the site, as the targeting radar "slaves" the AAA batteries into an optimal firing solution. Without the radar, the AAA batteries will be forced to rely on secondary / optical targeting solutions which will be inherently inferior.

ALL OF THIS IS COMING SOON!

Edited by hcpookie

*awards pook the Bohemia Distinguished Flying Cross*

can't wait to break this in MP lol

Stands, salutes, sits and waits. Great news.. :)

Well the ALARM missiles work with the ARM scripts, so we can add them to the stable :) I have models for the "loiter" mode w/ chute deployed, and the falling terminal strike mode. So for now they work exactly like the AGM-88 HARM's. I am going to tweak my runway missile scripts as a basis to make the "loiter" mode work. I think I can use a "muzzle" to do this, but some script testing will be needed to get it just right. Stay tuned! :D

Some good reference information:

http://www.ausairpower.net/alarm-armat.html

alarm_test.jpg

This is the engagement method... first action item kicked off the "scanning..." mode.

2nd action item engages indirect fire mode (or cancels if you so choose!).

Group/Vehicle/Side notifications are added, with correct grid location and target type that the ELS identified. There are also messages if no emitter is located. Also if no ARM missile is the current weapon... that one is fun to see as you're diving toward the target :)

Note the red circle around the target, which is what the ELS detection provides if it finds a valid target. The red targeting circle is removed when the target is destroyed.

ALARM_fire.jpg

Edited by hcpookie

sweet, im working an a VIFF script for the harrier too for air-air combat antics

Edited by eggbeast

Added the P-18 "Spoon Rest-D" radar array to join its little brother the P-12. Fully animated same as the P12

This is the radar that may have contributed to the downing of the F117 in '99:

P18.jpg

EW radars like this one are just eye candy for now... they adjust skill slightly but aren't a strategic part of the array. Yet.

ALSO: Created a quick demo mission showing the SA3 booster stage discard... just some eye candy! :) This download should work: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=5b54fc51a7917265!15380&authkey=!ADuTIfkGsF95-Mk&ithint=file%2crar

Edited by hcpookie

Another one - this one for the 9K37 (SA11) / 9K317 (SA17) Buk SAM launchers. The 9S36 is a mast-mounted engagement radar that provides better low level guidance for the missiles:

9S36radar1.jpg

Edited by hcpookie

So the SA11 and SA15 are getting proximity fuses! Need testing to validate function but they should be OK :)

ARM missile functionality is ready. I am working with Egg to ensure the reload script properly "arms" the SEAD/DEAD planes.

NEW: Buk M3, 6-missile launcher. This is the newest missile being released this year and being put into service next year.

I have also (finally) added equipment to the SA11, SA17, and SA15 tracked vehicles. Equipment pics based on real life images. They don't just sit in an empty box any more :)

The real deal and in-game:

bukM3.jpgBukM3ingame.jpg

Edited by hcpookie

VERSION 2.0 RELEASE! See first post for extensive reading on the new features such as the AR Missile Indirect Fire Mode!

This is how you use the AR Missiles in the mod:

1. You must select a Rangemaster SEAD/DEAD role aircraft for the ARM target scripts to work. Any other aircraft/other mods will need to add a variable and some actions. The imminent release of the latest Rangemaster update will provide access to the SEAD/DEAD functionality. IF YOU WANT TO PLAY WITH THIS TODAY:

Add this to the INIT of the SEAD aircraft in the editor:

veh1 addAction ["ARM - Activate ELS", "\pook_SAM\scripts\ARMRadarDetect.sqf","",5,false,true,"AutoHover","veh1 GetVariable ['ELS_Active', 0] == 0"];  
veh1 addAction ["ARM - Indirect Fire Mode", "\pook_SAM\scripts\ARMRadarEngage.sqf","",5,false,true,"AutoHoverCancel","veh1 GetVariable 'ELS_Active' == 1"];  
veh1 addAction ["ARM - Cancel ELS", "\pook_SAM\scripts\ARMRadarCancel.sqf","",5,false,true,"LockTarget","veh1 GetVariable 'ELS_Active' == 1"];

Name your vehicle "VEH1".

Place a SAM site on the map.

Enjoy! :D

2. The aircraft MUST be equipped with at least one of the following weapons... these are organic to the SEAD/DEAD roles but may be added to other roles as well:

EB_AGM45_Launcher
== The AGM-45 Shrike, as used by US forces in the 1960's, and subsequently by other countries since (e.g. Israel, etc).

EB_AGM88_Launcher
== The AGM-88 HARM, which has become the "standard" AR missile used by NATO forces and many other countries.

EB_AGM122_Launcher
== AGM-122 Sidearm, the helicopter-capable ARM system based on the AIM-9 Sidewinder.

EB_KH25MP_Launcher
== Kh-25MP (NATO: AS-12), a standard AR Missile. Modernized version simulated.

EB_KH15P_Launcher
== Kh-15 (NATO: AS-16), a high speed shorter-range ARM.

EB_KH31_Launcher
== Kh-31 (NATO: AS-17), a long-range ramjet-based ARM.

pook_ALARM_Launcher
== ALARM. The BAF "standard" AR Missile up to present day. Only direct-fire mode is available in v2.0 release. "Loiter" mode is planned for a future release.

3. The order of ARM use is simple, action menu items:

1. Use the "ARM - Activate ELS" action.
SHORTCUT: AutoHover

2. IF the ELS locates a target, the next action will be: "ARM - Indirect Fire Mode".
SHORTCUT: AutoHoverCancel

3. OPTIONAL: The "CANCEL ARM" action can also be used if you choose...
SHORTCUT: LockTarget

The shortcut keys "AutoHover", "AutoHoverCancel", and "LockTarget" were chosen as the logical choice based on the actions, and on the expectation that joystick/HOTAS mappings should already have these keys mapped ;)

NOTES:

- If no radar targets are detected within 10km, the pilot will receive the message "No radar targets detected".

- If radars are present, but no ENEMY radars are detected, the pilot will receive the message "No enemy radar targets detected".

- Indirect launch mode is presented as an option! Pilots can still elect a direct attack "like normal" via CBU, bombs, Maverick, etc.

- The AR missile will launch when the pilot engages the Indirect Fire Mode (SHORTCUT: AutoHoverCancel). Terrain interference MAY cause the missile to impact harmlessly, so attention to the plane's orientation to the site must be considered! Extreme off-bore engagements are likely to fail, so be sure to point at the target before launch.

- Vehicles at the SAM/AAA sites have earthen ramparts for protection, so low-angle ARM attacks may impact harmlessly on the ramparts. Higher-angle attacks should be preferred.

- The ARM's have been effectively tested across both Chernarus and Takistan. Attacks made on larger terrains will obviously take longer to reach the targets. Typical missile travel times vary between 30-60 seconds on average for these terrains.

- Bear in mind that the ARM will destroy the site's ENGAGEMENT RADAR. Some of the SAM and/or AAA batteries that have on-board secondary targeting systems may still be able to engage aircraft, so successful SEAD missions don't necessarily mean the SAM/AAA site is completely suppressed! Caution is advised for subsequent overflights! :)

- The use of the ARM Indirect Fire mode will provide group and vehicle chats.

A few of the AR Missiles you can use in v2.0:

ALARM - the BAF standard AR Missile up to the present day. Only standard mode is simulated. Loiter mode is planned for the future.

alarm_test.jpg

Kh-31 (NATO: AS-17). Long-range ramjet missile capable of exceeding Mach 4.5. Russians have put different avionics packages into these to fulfill different roles other than anti-radar. Curiously, US Navy purchased some of these for use as target drones a few years ago until someone in DC freaked out!

Kh31.jpg

AGM-88 "HARM" (High-speed Anti Radiation Missile). This is the go-to AR Missile for most Western countries.

AGM88.jpg

Kh-25 MP (NATO: AS-12). A standard medium-range AR Missile.

Kh25MP.jpg

Finally, some good reading on these and other SAM and AR missiles:

http://www.ausairpower.net/APA-Rus-ASM.html

http://www.ausairpower.net/APA-SAM-Effectiveness.html

http://www.ausairpower.net/sams-iads.html

http://fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/missile/agm-45.htm

http://fas.org/spp/starwars/program/patriot.htm

Edited by hcpookie

here are some pics of the AGM-45 Shrike from my library (they are in unsung and rangemaster mods, model is excellent, made by Myke)

f4_shrike-5_zps285e5054.jpg

f4_shrike-4_zps129c3c9a.jpg

shrike_a7-2_zpsf1d77c06.jpg

shrike_a7_-1_zps9dfc6ed9.jpg

Wow... I can only dream of this level of functionality... great job !

....AAAAAAAAAAAAAAND we already have a bug :D I missed a few files with I zipped "part A" and so there are some issues there. A new "part A" upload is pending, probably this evening.

Apologies for this problem.

---------- Post added at 14:11 ---------- Previous post was at 13:28 ----------

part A update - same location, and part B remains unchanged. Again, apologies for the mix-up on my end!

FIX: C-RAM inheritance problem

FIX: Missing pook_P12.pbo

Thanks you guys for the mirrors! :D