Αplion

Addon Builder not working after last update

After last update the Addon Builder is not working (for me at least) as it starts the binarizing procedure and stays at this state permanently without any result.

I've checked files integrity through Steam and found 1 file with problem ... but again after this file error was fixed (re-download) the same issue as described above still remaining.

Practically Addon Builder is useless now.

same issue here

...is there any way to revert to previous version?

Can confirm; will not pack with binarize option checked. It'll pack unbinarized, though, but that's not really what we want.

So why continue down the addonbuilder path?

While everyone is having issues with addonbuilder. Pboproject has never failed me once.

While everyone is having issues with addonbuilder. Pboproject has never failed me once.

Using Pboproject when you are working with multiple addons included into one major project directory you need to merge all configs into one in route directory or else you will have one pbo for each sub-folder ... this causes me troubles with Pboproject and to this, AddonBuilder is behaving much better I believe.

PBO Project is so finiky on setting it up. And mine refuses to ever work correctly :l

Using Pboproject when you are working with multiple addons included into one major project directory you need to merge all configs into one in route directory or else you will have one pbo for each sub-folder ... this causes me troubles with Pboproject and to this, AddonBuilder is behaving much better I believe.

I have a large pbo with multiple file structures and mine packs fine here. They all end up in one big pbo like I want them to.

PBO Project is so finiky on setting it up. And mine refuses to ever work correctly :l

Um. And you blame the tool? Sounds like a user error to me. It's just as straightforward as addon builder only it correctly packs a pbo.

I have a large pbo with multiple file structures and mine packs fine here. They all end up in one big pbo like I want them to.

But you are using just one config and this is located at the root folder of your addon ... in case of my issue there is a main folder which contains sub-folders ... each sub-folder has a separate model inside which have its own config. In case I'll merge all model configs to one and put it in main folder then there is no problem ... but in case of every model keep its own config into its own sub-folder then I'm getting a pbo for each sub-folder.

Nope. I have multiple models and configs in each folder and subfolder

Do you have a cfgpatches section in each folder?

Nope. I have multiple models and configs in each folder and subfolder

ok ... is it possible to let me know the Pboproject settings as you have them ? I might have something wrong which causes my issue.

You may be missing a config In your root folder. That would cause pboproject to split all the other folders into separate pbos

You may be missing a config In your root folder. That would cause pboproject to split all the other folders into separate pbos

So except the individual configs in every sub-folder, I also need another one config in my root folder ?

Yea. It just contains the cfgpatches section and that's all

Yea. It just contains the cfgpatches section and that's all

Thanks for this tip mate, appreciated :)

I have no doubt that Mikero's proproject is a fine tool but some of us are just used to using addonbuilder and don't want to have to learn a whole new toolset or pipeline or config setup or whatever, for reasons of user error or otherwise. We just wan't to let the dev's know that the tools arn't working right now and hopefully get a fix in the near future. Your enthusiasm is commendable but it doesnt help this thread in my opinion which is explicitly about addonbuilder.

I have no doubt that Mikero's proproject is a fine tool but some of us are just used to using addonbuilder and don't want to have to learn a whole new toolset or pipeline or config setup or whatever, for reasons of user error or otherwise. We just wan't to let the dev's know that the tools arn't working right now and hopefully get a fix in the near future. Your enthusiasm is commendable but it doesnt help this thread in my opinion which is explicitly about addonbuilder.

Seems like it helped the OP to me.

And so far 100% of the time I have helped anyone on this subject they blame the tool and it turns out it's the user they should be blaming. Instead of accepting the fact that there is fault in their code they just say...well addonbuilder works so it must be pboproject.

I find your comments comical tho.

Guys ... cool down please ... proproject is working fine but addonbuilder must be also present and work fine too ... it is anyone choice of what tool will use for his projects and this thread is mainly made to report an issue about addonbuilder.

Appreciate the info about proproject from M1lkm8n getting that as another option to do the job but there is no need imho to "fight" about which one is better or not.

Seems like it helped the OP to me.

And so far 100% of the time I have helped anyone on this subject they blame the tool and it turns out it's the user they should be blaming. Instead of accepting the fact that there is fault in their code they just say...well addonbuilder works so it must be pboproject.

I find your comments comical tho.

you've skirted around my point entirely but whatever man, this isnt something i feel remotely strongly about and certainly not enough to get into a whole 'thing' abut it. just hoping addonbuilder is fixed soon is all

Guys ... cool down please ... proproject is working fine but addonbuilder must be also present and work fine too ... it is anyone choice of what tool will use for his projects and this thread is mainly made to report an issue about addonbuilder.

Appreciate the info about proproject from M1lkm8n getting that as another option to do the job but there is no need imho to "fight" about which one is better or not.

I'm not fighting buddy. The only reason I am so passionate about proproject is because it stops people from releasing poorly coded projects.

For people to ignor that is sheer ignorance. I don't understand peoples insistence on using a program that can't even binarize a pbo correctly.

Personally I found proproject very handy as it also makes easier for the modder to locate possible errors (splitting and stripping the binlogs it is something that is missing from addonbuilder current version). In any case anyone is free to use whatever tool finds' more suitable for his needs.

After last update the Addon Builder is not working (for me at least) as it starts the binarizing procedure and stays at this state permanently without any result.

I've checked files integrity through Steam and found 1 file with problem ... but again after this file error was fixed (re-download) the same issue as described above still remaining.

Practically Addon Builder is useless now.

Ok AddonBuilder seems to be working correctly if you run it from the exe in your P: drive, likewise for object/terrainbuilder, no buldozer complaints if you run them from P: drive exe's rather than steam. Just packed one of my wip projects andeverything seems to be in order

Ok AddonBuilder seems to be working correctly if you run it from the exe in your P: drive, likewise for object/terrainbuilder, no buldozer complaints if you run them from P: drive exe's rather than steam. Just packed one of my wip projects andeverything seems to be in order

Some people said that at present state, addonbuilder is capable to handle small pbos but in case your project is a large pbo then it stays binarizing for ever ... in any case BI has to correct this issue.