squeaker

Binding keys to menu actions

Perhaps I'm looking at this the wrong way, because if the mission itself needs to be tweaked, it'll be overwritten next time the author makes an update and steam rolls it out. Is there a way to make a mod that will work with the main game, and therefore would be available in all missions, scenarios, etc?

That is entirely possible, yes, now do I know how to do it, no, not exactly, but possible yes.

Is there a way to have a global script, that is run every time the base game runs?

Is there a way to have a global script, that is run every time the base game runs?

Yes, an addon with this function included would be your "global script", and Das has given you some insight into that (unless he is getting at something else :p), and here is another page that might be helpful:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_3_Replacement_Config_Tutorial

Well, thanks for your help gents, but I'm going to have to give up on this one.

I had a look at the links, and it's just a bit beyond me I'm afraid. I'll have to stick to using the context sensitive menus.

But I do appreciate the help chaps, it's certainly opened my eyes to what goes into making even little tweaks to the game.