dreadpirate

Jebus - Just Editor Based Unit Spawning

Dreadpirate - first off, thanks for an amazing Mod, I can't tell you how much I love it.

Second, I'm struggling to make JEBUS scripting work with the modules for "LAMBS Danger Waypoints" - specifically the "Task CAMP", "Task GARRISON", and "Task PATROL". I've searched the forums but can't figure out why this is the case - I'm a bit of a noob though, so it might be really obvious. Is there anyway of getting the mods to work together?

Many thanks for your consideration in this matter

Pete

On 1/14/2021 at 3:22 AM, pres1ige said:

Dreadpirate - first off, thanks for an amazing Mod, I can't tell you how much I love it.

Second, I'm struggling to make JEBUS scripting work with the modules for "LAMBS Danger Waypoints" - specifically the "Task CAMP", "Task GARRISON", and "Task PATROL". I've searched the forums but can't figure out why this is the case - I'm a bit of a noob though, so it might be really obvious. Is there anyway of getting the mods to work together?

Many thanks for your consideration in this matter

Pete

I haven't used LAMBS and JEBUS together before, so I can only guess what the problems might be.

The thing with modules is, they often require units to be synced to them when the mission initialises. JEBUS copies the units, deletes them, spawns new units and then tries to sync them to any modules. This only works for some modules unfortunately.

I just ran some quick tests with LAMBS and JEBUS. The LAMBS *waypoints* for TASK GARRISON and TASK PATROL seem to work fine, so it is an issue with syncing to the modules......

That leaves you without TASK CAMP, but it's a start.....

Edit: It seems that waypoint TASK GARRISON units will also mount any static weapons in the area, so you can recreate TASK CAMP with a mix of GARRISON and PATROL.....

Edited by dreadpirate
Additional information
  • Like 1

On 1/15/2021 at 7:53 PM, dreadpirate said:

I haven't used LAMBS and JEBUS together before, so I can only guess what the problems might be.

The thing with modules is, they often require units to be synced to them when the mission initialises. JEBUS copies the units, deletes them, spawns new units and then tries to sync them to any modules. This only works for some modules unfortunately.

I just ran some quick tests with LAMBS and JEBUS. The LAMBS *waypoints* for TASK GARRISON and TASK PATROL seem to work fine, so it is an issue with syncing to the modules......

That leaves you without TASK CAMP, but it's a start.....

Edit: It seems that waypoint TASK GARRISON units will also mount any static weapons in the area, so you can recreate TASK CAMP with a mix of GARRISON and PATROL.....

Thanks buddy, I really appreciate this. Sorry it took me so long to get eyes on - family dramas