Sign in to follow this  
TAW_Yonose

Weapon/Ammo information

Hello.

Where can i find information(codes) about each gun like, what mass does it have, how much damage and what effective range on the bullets?

you sure i can i see the config of each ammo type and gun? i never seen it in there.. not that i have looked so much into it.

you sure i can i see the config of each ammo type and gun? i never seen it in there.. not that i have looked so much into it.

Yes. The accepted ammo types each weapon can take are in the config under each gun

1.) Install PBO Manager to be able to open and unpack PBO files (ArmA game files).

2.) Download ArmAUnbin. With that you can open almost every .bin file in the ArmA 3 PBOs and even save them as .cpp files. These files are where you'll find what you're searching for.

The config viewer is Jesus.

configfile >> "CfgWeapons" >> "arifle_Katiba_F" >> "magazines"

configfile >> "CfgWeapons" >> "arifle_Katiba_F" >> "WeaponSlotsInfo" >> "CowsSlot" >> "compatibleItems"

configfile >> "CfgWeapons" >> "arifle_Katiba_F" >> "WeaponSlotsInfo" >> "MuzzleSlot" >> "compatibleItems"

configfile >> "CfgWeapons" >> "arifle_Katiba_F" >> "WeaponSlotsInfo" >> "PointerSlot" >> "compatibleItems"

Edited by Iceman77

This is also quite handy:

http://browser.six-projects.net/cfg_weapons/tree

Alternately, you could write a little script that filters out exactly the information you want.

Don't expect too much though. It all comes down to the ammo-type.

However you'll only find information on the calibre, the muzzle velocity, air friction an some other details. You won't find information such as damage and effective range. That stuff all gets calculated by the engine.