Sign in to follow this  
avibird 1

Where are the MP editor folders located that still have the blue name in the editor!

I am a little confused about the MP editor and location of the mission folders that you are working on inside the MP editor (the blue mission names). I know how to find the PBO missions (the white mission names) and the yellow mission names are the missions you download from steam workshop. I know how to transfer mission folders to the MP editor into a PBO file to be played. I know how to using a program like eliteness to unPBO back into a mission folder where I can add scripts/mod ect then I can transfer it back to the MPMissions folder > steam > common > arma 3. but

If I started a mission inside the MP editor by putting units downon a map and then name it and save it. Where the hell is the folder/file of that mission. It is not in the > steam > common > arma 3 pathway. And how can I delete a mission from the MPeditor that still has a blue name? I am Very confused lol help and thank you Avibird.

lol I was looking in the > steam > common > arma 3 pathway. Bohemia so many pathways so little time lol. Thank you Kerc Kasha!!!

Still very confused! I never really understood why we have two different editors with ARMA3. I now know where the MPeditor missions folders are located (:

my documents > arma3 mpmissions

So if I start making a mission from the beginning using the MPEDITOR and then save the mission.sqf. I can add other files to the mission folder (ie init.sqf, description.ext and otherscript.sqf from this location. I then can edit the mission.sqf test play and save again. If I place a mission folder from an unPBO.file into this pathway my documents > arma3 mpmissions why can't I play or edith this mission like I can in the SPEDITOR/OFFLINE. I hope this makes sense what I am trying to say on this.

---------- Post added at 00:21 ---------- Previous post was at 23:06 ----------

Ok I think I found out why I could not edit the mission inside the MPEDITOR. This was driving me nuts. When I find a mission that I like because of the scripting codes and the cool script features. I like to open the mission open and learn how the mission works by trying to teach my self how the codes all work together. Some people play ARMA for the game and some people prefer fooling around in the editor. Phoenix_Domination is a very cool version with a lot of features added including patrol ops I have messed around with this mission for a while in the SPEDITOR adding other scripts and editing others that are all ready in the mission. However we all know that the respawn function does not really work in the SP EDITOR. I think the designers of the Phoenix_Domination mission put some kind of code that will not allow others to edit there mission in MP. The mission works fine in SPeditor but if you droped the mission folder inside my documents > arma3 mpmissions pathway the mission shows up but you can't play or edit the mission.

Now if this was done on purpose shame on you Phoenix this goes against everything the foundation of the OPF/ARMA COMMUNITY was based on sharing. What if Xeno and roy86 put codes that did not let people editor their missions! Maybe I am wrong but I can editor 5 other versions of domination from the MP editor just not the Phoenix. Sorry for the rant. Avibird.

I never really understood why we have two different editors with ARMA3.

It's so you can test your multiplayer missions...

I think the designers of the Phoenix_Domination mission put some kind of code that will not allow others to edit there mission in MP. The mission works fine in SPeditor but if you droped the mission folder inside my documents > arma3 mpmissions pathway the mission shows up but you can't play or edit the mission.

Now if this was done on purpose shame on you Phoenix this goes against everything the foundation of the OPF/ARMA COMMUNITY was based on sharing. What if Xeno and roy86 put codes that did not let people editor their missions! Maybe I am wrong but I can editor 5 other versions of domination from the MP editor just not the Phoenix. Sorry for the rant. Avibird.

People do have the option with their content to make it available or not, sure yeah it's not following the commonalities of this community, but we all have our reasons. We are all in this for different reasons, and come from different backgrounds, we all do things in our own way, that's what makes this community great, really no one person is the same or the best at everything, and in the end, we still make great content for all the players of Arma, we inspire those who are willing to learn the inner-intricacies of the game, and show the world how powerful Arma can really be.

We, the gamers define it the way we want it to be, there is nothing else like it.

That being said, have you tried going into your AppData folder to get the pbo for the mission, then putting it in your missions folder:

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Arma 3\MPMissionsCache

Edited by JShock

@DreadedEntity I was able to host my unPBO mission folders from the editor in MP in arma2 OA just fine. Having two editors is no big deal now that I fully understand but for the life of my I can't understand why the respawn function is half ass in SPeditor. Only number #4 & 5 spawn types work if you add the team switch function in the SPeditor. That make no sense to me why that is!

@Jshock Phoenix has four versions V1/V2 you can UNPBO the mission and drop it into the MPeditor and all is good. V3/V4 only works in the SPeditor when you try to play it or edit it in the MPeditor nothing shows up on the map and it kicks you right back to the editor. Now you can play all the PBO versions just fine in both editors. I truly feel they put some code/script to stop people from editing the mission. In my opinion very sad because most of the codes/scripts in the mission are from other people lol not original from them. My point is what if Xeno and roy86 did the same thing. Phoenix_Domination would not be a mission at all. Just my two cents. AVIBIRD

Edited by AVIBIRD 1