Sign in to follow this  
Tankbuster

CfgRemoteExecCommands. Need documentation

Guys,

Can we get some documentation on this please, perhaps as a matter of urgency?

SPOTREP 34 said Added: BIS_fnc_MP can now remotely execute only scripting commands defined in CfgRemoteExecCommands

This si all very well, though I suspect it's going to stop some debug consoles working properlty.

It's been introduced in 1.32 and was in the dev build some time ago, but the biki has no page and it's breaking missions.

We need to know how to use it.

Edited by Tankbuster

How is it breaking missions? The feature is optional, it shouldn't affect existing behavior.

EDIT: I've expanded the documentation, see BIS_fnc_MP and CfgRemoteExecCommands

Edited by Moricky

Just wondering why commands like sidechat aren't in there - it's not really a mondo problem, but just asking is all.

How is it breaking missions? The feature is optional, it shouldn't affect existing behavior.

EDIT: I've expanded the documentation, see BIS_fnc_MP and CfgRemoteExecCommands

Ah OK. Now I understand. I read that and thought that we had to make a CfgRemoteExecCommands entry in description.ext (which would be an excellent feature if it's not already possible) and that not doing that would stop BIS_fnc_MP doing anything.

Thanks for the list of available commands, that is helpful.

May I ask for a clarification?

I need to execute switchmove through Bis_fnc_MP, do I have to included it under class CfgRemoteExecCommands {} in description.ext?

If the answer is yes, is it possible for a kind person to give me an example?

Just wondering why commands like sidechat aren't in there - it's not really a mondo problem, but just asking is all.

Hey Das, sideChat is on the list, down near the bottom :D.

Hey Das, sideChat is on the list, down near the bottom :D.

Ah cool they must have updated it. I checked when it came out and I'm sure it wasn't there. Good spot btw. :)

Ah cool they must have updated it. I checked when it came out and I'm sure it wasn't there. Good spot btw. :)

Only reason I knew it was there is having to answer a few threads :p.

---------- Post added at 14:46 ---------- Previous post was at 14:45 ----------

May I ask for a clarification?

I need to execute switchmove through Bis_fnc_MP, do I have to included it under class CfgRemoteExecCommands {} in description.ext?

If the answer is yes, is it possible for a kind person to give me an example?

Small example, if the others don't help you:

[[player,"AmovPercMstpSrasWrflDnon_AadjPpneMstpSrasWrflDleft"],"switchMove",true,false,false] call BIS_fnc_MP;

Thank you guys. I got it now.

The class CfgRemoteExecCommands {}; should be added in Description.ext ONLY if you want to DISABLE all included commands.