Sign in to follow this  
spectrersg

Raven Vest _co.paa location?

Hey all,

I've been looking for days for the texture file ( _co.paa) location for the Raven vest (V_TacVestIR_blk).

There's no hiddenselectiontexture or selection assigned to it in it's config.cpp. Below in spoilers is the config entry for the Raven:

class V_TacVestIR_blk: Vest_NoCamo_Base
{
	author = "$STR_A3_Bohemia_Interactive";
	_generalMacro = "V_TacVestIR_blk";
	scope = 2;
	displayName = "$STR_A3_V_TacVestIR_blk0";
	picture = "\A3\characters_f\Data\UI\icon_V_TacVestIR_blk_CA.paa";
	model = "\A3\Characters_F_Beta\INDEP\equip_ir_vest01";
	class ItemInfo: VestItem
	{
		uniformModel = "\A3\Characters_F_Beta\INDEP\equip_ir_vest01";
		containerClass = "Supply100";
		mass = 60;
		armor = 20;
		passThrough = 0.5;
	};
};

So, maybe I'm crazy and just dont see where the equip_IR_vest01_co.paa is located in A3. But if anyone knows, please let me know. Been digging for a few days with no hope. :P

Hey all,

I've been looking for days for the texture file ( _co.paa) location for the Raven vest (V_TacVestIR_blk).

There's no hiddenselectiontexture or selection assigned to it in it's config.cpp. Below in spoilers is the config entry for the Raven:

{
	author = "$STR_A3_Bohemia_Interactive";
	_generalMacro = "V_TacVestIR_blk";
	scope = 2;
	displayName = "$STR_A3_V_TacVestIR_blk0";
	picture = "\A3\characters_f\Data\UI\icon_V_TacVestIR_blk_CA.paa";
	model = "\A3\Characters_F_Beta\INDEP\equip_ir_vest01";
	{
		uniformModel = "\A3\Characters_F_Beta\INDEP\equip_ir_vest01";
		containerClass = "Supply100";
		mass = 60;
		armor = 20;
		passThrough = 0.5;
	};
};

So, maybe I'm crazy and just dont see where the equip_IR_vest01_co.paa is located in A3. But if anyone knows, please let me know. Been digging for a few days with no hope. :P

It uses the opfor 'tech' textures

OPFOR-> Data -> tech_rus_co.paa

But afaik it doesn't have hiddenselections and can't be retextured. But maybe I missed something.

That seems to be it. Thanks. Interesting how it's using the OPFOR helmet in the _co.

@BI, hiddenselections please? :P

This is a bit trickier, because the vest actually uses two textures:

a3\characters_f\opfor\data\clothing_rus_co.tga

a3\characters_f\opfor\data\tech_rus_co.tga

Therefore, I have added two camo selections (camo1 and camo2) into the model, but I haven't tinkered with the vest's config at all. Instead, I would suggest you making an addon with the following code, which should allow you the retexturing.

class CfgWeapons
{
class VestItem;
class Vest_NoCamo_Base;
{
	hiddenSelections[] = {"camo1","camo2"};
	hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"texture1","texture2"};
	{
	};
};
};

Please note the magic won't work until the next Dev-Branch update.

Glad to help. :) I'll track the thread in case some additional support is needed.

Spectre, have you tried to use HiddenSelections on the Raven Vest in the last few updates? Does it work now on stable?

I don't run the dev version, so I haven't even tried to test it on stable. Until it's pushed, I wont be - unless I missed an update in the past week and a half. I do, however, have the .psd templates ready to go when it is pushed.

Locklear, can we get the same support for the Kerry backpack? (another related thread)

I updated Kerry's Backpack's model and adjusted its config with the following:

hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"a3\weapons_f\ammoboxes\bags\data\backpack_compact_rgr_co.paa","a3\characters_f\blufor\data\vests_rgr_co.paa"};

With the next Dev-Branch update, you will be able to change textures of the backpack via defining both textures in hiddenSelectionsTextures. Have fun and thank you for using the Encoding Department. :)

Hate to be that guy that requests all the things. But would it also be possible to get HiddenSelections added to the 4-Five?

Locklear, I attempted to change the kerry backpack. No joy. The following is my config for it.

class TFA_Kitbag_Test: B_AssaultPack_Kerry
{
	_generalMacro = "TFA_Kitbag_Test";
	picture = "\A3\weapons_f\ammoboxes\bags\data\ui\icon_B_C_Compact_blk_ca.paa";
	model = "\A3\Characters_f_epa\BLUFOR\backpack_kerry";
	hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"\TFA_Gear\data\textures\tfa_kitbag_mcam.paa","\TFA_Gear\data\textures\tfa_mcam_vest_co.paa"};
	displayName = "TFA Kitbag (Test)";
	scope = 2;
	maximumLoad = 350;
	passThrough = 1;
	mass = 4;
};

There is no error. It just doesn't want to change the textures. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Locklear, I attempted to change the kerry backpack. No joy. The following is my config for it.

class TFA_Kitbag_Test: B_AssaultPack_Kerry
{
	_generalMacro = "TFA_Kitbag_Test";
	picture = "\A3\weapons_f\ammoboxes\bags\data\ui\icon_B_C_Compact_blk_ca.paa";
	model = "\A3\Characters_f_epa\BLUFOR\backpack_kerry";
	hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"\TFA_Gear\data\textures\tfa_kitbag_mcam.paa","\TFA_Gear\data\textures\tfa_mcam_vest_co.paa"};
	displayName = "TFA Kitbag (Test)";
	scope = 2;
	maximumLoad = 350;
	passThrough = 1;
	mass = 4;
};

There is no error. It just doesn't want to change the textures. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Please make sure you're on the Dev-Branch. In case it's not working with the Dev-Branch, please let me know (PM is okay, too).

Hate to be that guy that requests all the things. But would it also be possible to get HiddenSelections added to the 4-Five?

I'm sorry but currently there are no plans to make pistols retexturable due to some issues we hope to solve in the future.

I am not on the dev branch. Yesterday's changelog for 1.32 stated this fix was included. Was it incorrect?

I'm sorry but currently there are no plans to make pistols retexturable due to some issues we hope to solve in the future.

Damn :( But thanks for the answer :)

Locklear, thanks for the commentary. Looks like it slipped in the very top of yesterday's changelog. But it's still only in dev build.

Locklear, thanks for the commentary. Looks like it slipped in the very top of yesterday's changelog. But it's still only in dev build.

After a brief investigation, I found out the change had been stated in the 1.32 changelog by mistake. The backpack is retexturable in Dev-Branch only at the moment; concerning Main Branch, please wait for the next update.

Hi

Does someone maybe know where I can find the Tactical Vest [ V_TacVest_blk ] and the Carrier Rig (Green) [ V_PlateCarrier3_rgr ] texture files in Arma. I want to extract the texture and create some customs skins for them. Currently I am using the PBO Manager 1.4 Beta to extract them.

It's \A3\Characters_F\Common\Data\tacticalvest_black_co.paa for V_TacVest_blk, and \A3\Characters_F\BLUFOR\Data\vests_rgr_co.paa for V_PlateCarrier3_rgr. However, V_PlateCarrier3_rgr have no selections defined in config, so in case you would inherit a new class from this one, don't forget to add hiddenSelections[] = {"camo"}.