Sign in to follow this  
bigshot

Screen Flickering Strategic Map Icons

Whenever you mouse over one of the icons on the strategic map overlay the entire screen flickers (its reproducible on a blank mission in the editor)...is there a fix, and is BIS already aware of this?

Edited by BigShot

I have a major issue similar to this. When moving/looking around objects used to become darker until you stopped but now they flicker esp grass and trees. Its extremely distracting. Im not sure what is causing this but I removed all mods and even reverted back to 1.24 through legacy but nothing has helped. When playing the "DUWS" single player scenario when I select "side mission" and go into the map, when hovering over an icon to choose a mission it flickers also. I might start a new thread if this isnt the same issue you are describing here.

Edit: I just noticed you are the creator of the modified DUWS Im describing. Do you have the same issue when picking a side mission? Im guessing thats the strategic map you were referencing.

Its now in the game itself also. Whenever i move at all almost everything on the screen is flickering like crazy.

Edited by SouthernSmoke

is BIS already aware of this?

Should be, as IIRC they encountered that during livestreamed Survive playthrough.

Edit: I just noticed you are the creator of the modified DUWS Im describing. Do you have the same issue when picking a side mission? Im guessing thats the strategic map you were referencing.

Yes, that's correct...everyone's got this issue now...it's a new game bug that they need to fix and has nothing to do with the mission itself.

Its now in the game itself also. Whenever i move at all almost everything on the screen is flickering like crazy.

Now this is not something I have heard of yet...having everythnig you see in game flickering doesn't sound normal or an expected part of the bug here that I've mentioned (which only effects the strategic map I believe). Have you tried rebooting you're machine? I know alot of people never shut down their computers and at some point thats bound to cause issues. If so then try a reboot of your system.

Now this is not something I have heard of yet...having everythnig you see in game flickering doesn't sound normal or an expected part of the bug here that I've mentioned (which only effects the strategic map I believe). Have you tried rebooting you're machine? I know alot of people never shut down their computers and at some point thats bound to cause issues. If so then try a reboot of your system.

If only it were that easy. I have even considered buying a new copy of the game on steam if all my attempts to fix it fails. Not sure how that would work or if it even could be done but I figured it might be worth a try if its something wrong with the copy of the game. Might as well create a thread on it.

BTW, modified DUWS is great.

you dont need to buy another copy...that isnt necessary or helpful. I'll assume you've rebooted your machine and it didn't help?

Next, there are 3 more things to try.

1. Make certain that all your other games are NOT exhibiting any sort of graphic related issues. Run/play several of them for awhile to make sure because you want to see if this is hardware related or not and this can be a quick and easy way to determine this. Spend maybe 15 minutes in each of your games to see the result.

If it turns out that none of your games are effected except for arma then try these 2 things:

2. Go into Steam and have it verify your arma3 game cache for any corrupted files...it will auto-fix anything it finds wrong.

3. If that didnt help then try manually deleting your arma3 profile in your documents\arma3otherprofiles\yourgamename and restart the game.

you dont need to buy another copy...that isnt necessary or helpful. I'll assume you've rebooted your machine and it didn't help?

Next, there are 3 more things to try.

1. Make certain that all your other games are NOT exhibiting any sort of graphic related issues. Run/play several of them for awhile to make sure because you want to see if this is hardware related or not and this can be a quick and easy way to determine this. Spend maybe 15 minutes in each of your games to see the result.

If it turns out that none of your games are effected except for arma then try these 2 things:

2. Go into Steam and have it verify your arma3 game cache for any corrupted files...it will auto-fix anything it finds wrong.

3. If that didnt help then try manually deleting your arma3 profile in your documents\arma3otherprofiles\yourgamename and restart the game.

I have the same issue with Arma 2 though it seems only half as bad. Spinning 360 reveals it only flickers half of the way. Running one direction is fine but turning around 180 and running the opposite direction the problem returns. Does this mean I have a technical issue?

hard to say without knowing and seeing your system in action...if you've followed all my steps (im guessing you havent though) and it didnt help then its most likely either a driver issue (game doesnt like your drivers or settings) or even hardware failure. I do not know your specs or anything about your system so there's noway I can say...other than make sure to first follow those steps I listed (do not be lazy, do it). Other than that I cant help you.

Map bug also present here. Checked everything and seems to be fine....