Sign in to follow this  
Fushko

Is the sun intensity changing abruptly intended?

Because it really sucks and doesn't make sense. It has been introduced since the light shafts were added and has been bugging me since then.

Working fine on my end, no sudden changes.

Are you entirely sure? All the Arma 3 videos I've seen after this change have this issue. I can't be the only one.

Because it really sucks and doesn't make sense. It has been introduced since the light shafts were added and has been bugging me since then.

Any mods in use during the recording of the video?

Any mods in use during the recording of the video?

The video is not mine, and I don't think so. It happens to me without a single mod, in the editor.

Just to show that I'm not crazy:

This video was posted 2 days ago. Notice at 0:50, how the intensity of the sun istantly dicreases, including the lens flare.

I don't have that either. Even tried changing every possible setting in the options to reproduce it, but no luck. My sun always changes its intensity smoothly as it moves from center to the edge of the screen.

Are you entirely sure? All the Arma 3 videos I've seen after this change have this issue. I can't be the only one.

Yep.

Could you post the date and time where you experienced that, or is it always reproducible?

I don't have that either... I remember this being a problem but I've tried today and it works for me.

Did you check latest dev branch ?

Do you have the same problem at every hour of the day (sun location) ?

Edited by Neodammerung

You're not the only one. Same thing happens to me. There was some weird thing going on with the sun in beta that didn't happen if you had set view distance between some specific area like 1200-2500.

Also try to experiment with different scopes a bit. I can't test now but I remember that happens to me also.

Yep.

Could you post the date and time where you experienced that, or is it always reproducible?

Always reproducible.

I seem to have found the culprit. After trying every setting possible, setting FSAA at 4x completely removes the visual issue showed in the first video I posted.

Setting AA at anything below 4x (2x or disabled) makes it appear again for me. There's a chance that this might happen to only some graphics cards. Mine is a GTX 750 Ti (drivers 337.88). This card already has exclusive visual issues with Arma 3 (http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=19926), I'm not very surprised.

But then again this still happened back when I had the 550 Ti, so I don't think this issue is esclusive to the 750.

:D Same thing with my 660. Only the FSAA x4 works, every other setting (incl. 8) messes it up. I guess I've always had it at 4 then.

The less AA I've enabled the worse the effect is. 8x and 4x AA I think it happens just so fast that I don't notice that so well (likely working as intented) but 2x and disabled it happens for sure.

Edited by St. Jimmy