Sign in to follow this  
nmabhinandan

How to use steam content from other users?

I have purchased Arma 3 in steam recently. Since my friend has already purchased and downloaded the game, I don't wanna downloaded the whole game again. So can I use his downloaded game and activate it in my steam account?

What?

You can't use someone else's games if that's what you're asking.

It sounds like you both have purchased ArmA 3 already, why do you want to download it from his account and add it to yours(Which is impossible by the way)?

What?

It sounds like you both have purchased ArmA 3 already, why do you want to download it from his account and add it to yours(Which is impossible by the way)?

I have purchased it in steam. But my internet is so slow that it takes months to download 13GB! And I don't wanna keep my PC on at night because of power issues. ( I'm from India :mad: ) But I have high speed internet at my college but they have blocked steam in their firewall. So I downloaded a pirated Arma 3 DVD from torrent site (Reloaded version). But steam only detects the game but doesn't let me play it without downloading it again. So what I'm expecting is a steam backup of the game which I can download from college and activate it in my steam account at home. I would appreciate it if someone from BI send me the backup personally.

I have purchased it in steam. But my internet is so slow that it takes months to download 13GB! And I don't wanna keep my PC on at night because of power issues. ( I'm from India :mad: ) But I have high speed internet at my college but they have blocked steam in their firewall. So I downloaded a pirated Arma 3 DVD from torrent site (Reloaded version). But steam only detects the game but doesn't let me play it without downloading it again. So what I'm expecting is a steam backup of the game which I can download from college and activate it in my steam account at home. I would appreciate it if someone from BI send me the backup personally.

I don't think this is the right place to confess piracy of Arma 3 to be honest, even if you really own the game. Why do you expect a cracked version (that has potentially been stripped of any steamworks components) to compatible with steam anyways? I also don't think BI send out stuff to people personally.

You might be able to copy the content of your friends already downloaded game to your steam folder and somehow make steam recognize the data, though.

What?

I don't think it's impossible at all. The data that is inside ..SteamApps\common\... is basically the same on every installation and doesn't contain any account specific stuff, so if you can make Steam recognize it as the data of the copy of Arma3 linked to your account, it might actually work. I have also copied Arma3 to another computer of mine before and had steam recognize the data even though it was downloaded on another pc.

Edited by novemberist