Sign in to follow this  
Kasatka

Ka-50 hokum history..

MK - rules

Moskovskiy Komsomolec rulit mirom, comrad smile.gif

Uhhhhh, RPG, I think Echo Five was referring to real life not OFP. I would like to see Laser guidance troops and bombers for the East though.

What about BIS 'downgrading'...

Yes, they're doing it smile.gif You just shut one's eyes on it, dont want to see that. You wount be happy to play this game with real characteristics of russian weapons and in final result you wount buy it.

What about V-80. Its really rare helicopter. Russian army dont use it like hind. Would be better if BIS build Mi-26.

I think it's quite foolish to use the argument that Russian's equipment is so crappy compared to NATO stuff and thus making it fair that NATO has more and better tools ingame.

There many small things that are completely forgotten from Russian units (ATGMs in T-72,T-80 and T-55, correct armament for V-80, correct cargo space for MI-17 not to mention the missing choppers compared to NATO choppers).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Goodspeed @ July 03 2002,07:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What about BIS 'downgrading'...

Yes, they're doing it smile.gif You just shut one's eyes on it, dont want to see that. You wount be happy to play this game with real characteristics of russian weapons and in final result you wount buy it.

What about V-80. Its really rare helicopter. Russian army dont use it like hind. Would be better if BIS build Mi-26.<span id='postcolor'>

Mi-26? not familiar with that model. Probably because it doesnt exist

Actually, NorSu, that wasn't my point, lol. Think about it , how could I justify excessive amounts of western gear being modeled because  of inferior Russian equipment, lol

My point was that, while there are exceptions, on the whole, the hardware fielded by Warsaw Pact forces to line units in any significant numbers, particulary in the mid-80's, WAS inferior to NATO gear, and I think BIS handled that fairly accurately. They've also omitted capabilites from the West gear as well, such as lack of firing ports and crew LMG's on the Brads and M1A1.

Rgr that on the lack of LGB , and the lack of a nimble attack helo for East..its not fair, so don't play MP maps that have that imbalance,or at least not in organized competition, or give both sides AH1 or AH64.

And as far as the game goes, my squad plays East or West, without issue, and we consistenly win on either side of the ball. In fact, just last Sunday we won a CTF match handily (6-1) that included BMP2, T80, Bradley, and M1A1, and we were playing East.

A havy transport helicopter Mi-26. Check this link for more information.

Mi-26T.jpg

P.S. I'm not going to dispute about downgrading with you guys. We never get an agreement. But the fact remains, west has more weapons and more powerful vehicles.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ July 02 2002,10:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Mi-26? not familiar with that model. Probably because it doesnt exist<span id='postcolor'>

Damn after that..... well I won't say nothing.... biggrin.gif