ruthberg

Kestrel 4500 Kestrel 4500 Pocket Weather Tracker (WIP)

This should only happen if you place the NATO support box somewhere on the map. Should I remove it from the vanilla support box?

This should only happen if you place the NATO support box somewhere on the map. Should I remove it from the vanilla support box?

My personal thought, since I use the arsenal, is to remove it and the ATrag from the box and configure it to be on the "+" menu for addition to uniforms/vests/backpacks (where the fist aid, medi-pack, mine detector, etc. are). Would that then create a dependency when placing an arsenal? People choose gear/loadouts using various methods, so I'm not sure what the best option is to suit the majority. I have no problem spawning a support box next to my arsenal since I'm always playing by myself, but I suppose for coop mission builders it could be an issue.

Edited by DGeorge85

Yeah and maybe make your own box or whatever which I am placing the NATO Support box (didn't realize it was changed) on the map, so that's why. But yes it'll be better in the long run as I have to deal with people and sometimes making a vanilla oriented map (it's all that this one requires, as others) it won't automatically do that.

Version 1.4 Changelog:

-The Kestrel4500 item is now only added to the NATO support box if the optional PBO is used

-Fixed a bug that potentially prevented it to work properly without AdvancedBallistics

Edited by Ruthberg
Added missing changelog information

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

hi,

i am struggling to get the Kestral mod to show up in the Arsenal, it will only show up when i have AGM running, i have tried to add it in the editor, and still no luck. the other thing which you may or may not be able to help me with, is that ATragMX-Handheld-ballistics-calculator-v11 i cannot get that to load up no matter what. any help would be nice :P

edit VA system..... fixed.....

Edited by Origins
Herpaderp

hi,

i am struggling to get the Kestral mod to show up in the Arsenal, it will only show up when i have AGM running, i have tried to add it in the editor, and still no luck. the other thing which you may or may not be able to help me with, is that ATragMX-Handheld-ballistics-calculator-v11 i cannot get that to load up no matter what. any help would be nice :P

edit VA system..... fixed.....

Mind saying how you fixed it? I'm having this issue...

Version 1.5 Changelog:

-CBA Keybinds compatibility update

Do not update to version 1.5 unless you are already using CBA_A3 v1.20.50327 or newer.

---------- Post added at 10:24 ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 ----------

@Origins, @Jamestellban: You can use the optional_vanilla_cfg.pbos to add the Kestrel4500 and the ATragMX to the NATO Support Box.

kestrel4500_optional_vanilla_cfg.pbo

atragmx_optional_vanilla_cfg.pbo

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

I hit the center button '-' but nothing happens?
There is no visual feedback, but it does update the reference heading.

Is there a tutorial on how to use the kestrel in conjunction with the Atrag to generate a windage hold?

Do you use the calibrated crosswind value for the Atrag windage?

I do not understand what is meant by saying "you must turn into the wind" for speed measurements (do you not just look at the target and get a crosswind measruement)?

"you must turn into the wind" means that you must look into the direction the wind is coming from. You can find that direction by using the Shift+K wind arrow.

Do you use the calibrated crosswind value for the Atrag windage?
Yes, that works well.

This might help:

"you must turn into the wind" means that you must look into the direction the wind is coming from. You can find that direction by using the Shift+K wind arrow.

Yes, that works well.

This might help:

So my procedure would be

- look at target

- bring up kestrel

- go to crosswind screen, hit the '-' key to calibrate, then use this value in Atrag

or is it something else?

After you hit the '-' key you turn into the wind, then use this value in the ATragMX.

i downloaded this mod and went to configure controls configure add ons ECT. changed my key and it doesnt work! no button makes it come up!!!!! HELP!!!! PLEASE!