Sign in to follow this  
papy.rabbit.08

Anyone experiencing freezes with mods?

Hi!

Anyone experiencing intermittent freezes with or without mods these times? With these freezes, I have to kill the arma3.exe task. There's no way getting back to the game...

Just to know if I'm the only one. I have multiples mods, and I suspect it is one of them, but as it is inconstant, it is difficult to test.

Let me know, thanks!

Edited by papy.rabbit.08

Just happened to me too.. :(

It seems to be quite rare though, it's the first time I experience a total freeze like this.

Usually the only issues I have with Arma3 are a few CTDs, and lately, a systematic FPS drop after 30, 45 minutes.

Hi,

Would be helpful if you guys posted what mods that you are using, what mission/s you are playing while the freezes occurred is this sp in the editor,

is it sp scenario, is it mp mission hosted by you, on a server what? what your computer specs are, ect,.

post your rpt.

I dont get freezes and I run alot of mods.

For me, I was running mods when it freezed - but then again, it was the first time (and I play a lot).

The framerate drop though, happens no matter the setting - see this thread for more infos on that.

Why post on multiple threads?

your asking trouble from the mods doing that, just saying, but from that other thread looks to me it might be the latest update,

however I dont get your issues, so id suggest removing all mods, any programs your using to help "boost" the game, just run -nosplash when you start,

and then watch your rpt, and use your other thread.

Yeah sorry Günter, that was OT...

(And, to close the OT : yes, it is probably something with the last update - just tried without mods nor 'boost' programs and it didn't make any difference.

And the RPT doesn't show anything special. T_T)

Hi,

Would be helpful if you guys posted what mods that you are using, what mission/s you are playing while the freezes occurred is this sp in the editor,

is it sp scenario, is it mp mission hosted by you, on a server what? what your computer specs are, ect,.

post your rpt.

I dont get freezes and I run alot of mods.

I'm running a fresh install, haven't downloaded anything else. I've pretty much just been trying to play Altis Life servers and game freezes every 20 mins.

Specs:

Windows 8

Intel i7 2.4

NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M

Intel HD Graphics 4000

16 GB RAM

I ran Arma 2 without this problem.

Edited by conversecarson

Ok, were you able to get in the mission and thats when the freezes occur?

Also

Do the freezes occur in any other missions?

I am able to play about 20 mins and it freezes, other game modes it takes alot longer but usually dosent.

Edited by conversecarson

Could be a possibility that its the mission then if no other scenarios are freezing, that in combination with the latest game update, idk what else to tell you here.

maybe someone else knows better.

Sorry, I thought noone would respond!

I use many mods, Massi's mods, A3MP, CAF aggressors which seems quite buggy in the rpt file, JSRS 2.0

One thing I've noted is that if I wait, maybe after 30 seconds, the game can continue, so in fact I don't need to kill the task!

I've looked in the rpt, nothing special comes everytime...

What you are encountering has been a ghost bug for a while now. The best way to minimize it is adding the launch option parameter '-malloc=system' in what ever you launch Arma3 with. But you are correct that when you get the 'Arma is not responding', for the love of god, do not click close program. Just wait. The launch option I stated before should minimize this issue.