NikoWZRD

Niko's Uniforms Mega Packs

Yeah, my primary focus is still uniforms, but I would also like to eventually get some helmets in there.. So we'll see. I'll likely avoid using any unit insignias on them though.

Thanks Rebane! I'm actually quite surprised at how nice a desert night plate carrier looks, haha.

Red_Spring: I don't really feel like doing that should be Niko's job. There are plenty of custom helmets out there.. why not add patches to them yourself? Also, there are already Kefije in the game.. multiple colours. I personally think Niko should focus on what he wants to, and it seems like it's uniforms in multiple camouflage patterns right now.

I was trying to suggest something I thought to be good looking, nothing more. Maybe I'll try to find some helmets and patches out there and see the results (if I find something intresting or good looking I'll post it here).

@Niko, can I send you some intresting camos ?

Amazing work friend! the textures are excellent!

is there any way you could make the version without the USA flag public? it just allows more freedom as far are imagination goes for creating an alternative history line or military force. Thank you so much for your hard work!

I second Fallen's request. It would be good to get a set without the US flag. Sterile uniforms for "Black Ops" and plausible deniability by your government come to mind.

I was trying to suggest something I thought to be good looking, nothing more. Maybe I'll try to find some helmets and patches out there and see the results (if I find something intresting or good looking I'll post it here).

@Niko, can I send you some intresting camos ?

Of course, send me a PM if you'd like. :)

Oh, and would you guys like it without any patch there at all then? Just plain Velcro?

I would say a blank piece of velcro. Could you also add a hidden selection that would allow you to place any national flag of your choice in that position? Just a thought. The rest of the pack looks great. Really appreciate the work you have put in.

I second Fallen's request. It would be good to get a set without the US flag. Sterile uniforms for "Black Ops" and plausible deniability by your government come to mind.

Or even PMCs.

So, I'll be testing out your pack a bit more extensively tonight, but I'm likin' what I'm seeing so far. Any chance that you'll be able to bring in a few CP uniforms with these camos?

And for the plate carriers, I saw something with the ADF Uncut pack that I thought was actually very, very nice to have, which was kind of taking out the battle belt and leaving the left side without the leg panel and the drop pouch. I just like not having that much stuff on my left side, it make it look a bit more natural or something.

Anyway, looking very well done here dude, keep up the good work.

Of course, send me a PM if you'd like. :)

Oh, and would you guys like it without any patch there at all then? Just plain Velcro?

Well, maybe plain velcro with the possibility to set any flag you want (just like Wansec_6 suggested) would be cool.

You have a PM :)

I would say a blank piece of velcro. Could you also add a hidden selection that would allow you to place any national flag of your choice in that position? Just a thought. The rest of the pack looks great. Really appreciate the work you have put in.

I think the uniforms have at least an insignia hidden selection. Not sure with vests.

And for the plate carriers, I saw something with the ADF Uncut pack that I thought was actually very, very nice to have, which was kind of taking out the battle belt and leaving the left side without the leg panel and the drop pouch. I just like not having that much stuff on my left side, it make it look a bit more natural or something.

Try the Kerry vest, they are awesome.

https://i.imgur.com/DE3Sls2.png

Anyway, looking very well done here dude, keep up the good work.

2nd that!

Yeah, as far as I know there's no insignia hiddenselection, just camo for the vests..

Would you guys rather I just include no flag plate carriers with the pbo or keep it seperate? It might end up being an extra 30mb or so if I include no flags.

Oh, I totally forgot about those Kerry vests, I'll include that as a variant next version.

Does the flag have to be part of the model or can it be added/changed via config? I have no modding experience so I don't know. If it wasn't too much work, I guess extra vests without flags would be good. Whichever you decide, either way, will be welcome and appreciated.

Do you plan to add the Uniform from the Polish Army? Would be cool, i like the Multi Cam optics ^^

http://abload.de/thumb2/polandindependancedayqnp9n.jpg

Yep, that'll be part of the pack after the Ruskie pack. :)

Does the flag have to be part of the model or can it be added/changed via config? I have no modding experience so I don't know. If it wasn't too much work, I guess extra vests without flags would be good. Whichever you decide, either way, will be welcome and appreciated.

Hidden selections are defined in the .p3d as part of the model, unfortunately..

Edited by NikolaiSergeyev

Not really, I personally much prefer the Independent uniforms, but if there's a large enough demand I'd consider it. It's quite a bit of work to get the template set up for a whole new uniform, so I don't really want to get into it quite yet.

How's this M81 look to you guys? Better?

43284bc319.jpgb2d2de4b1c.jpg0e0f0180c8.jpg

Edited by NikolaiSergeyev

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/9771/36070109.jpg

Maybe your Eastern pack could include the Armenian digital camo. I've seen it done in one A2 mod and I have a private texture with it hanging around. However, it's not very good.

Nobody really knows exactly what (and oftentimes where) Armenia is. If they do, they probably think it's Russia. So granted, the pattern isn't too popular and there might not be samples good enough to use. If it can be done, that'd be pretty cool for the like, two Armenians that play Arma.

That is actually a pretty neat looking pattern. Might be able to make a swatch for that, I may give it a go in the future as a part of the "rest of the world" pack.

That is actually a pretty neat looking pattern. Might be able to make a swatch for that, I may give it a go in the future as a part of the "rest of the world" pack.

Rejoice, fellow Armenians!

Sweet pack there, great to see a bunch of patterns that were used in the 90s and early 2000s that no one else has done. My only wish is to have Night Desert shirts with some Choco-Chip or the 3-tone desert camo (DCU I think?) to really nail that 90s SF look.