Sign in to follow this  
Chairborne

Arma 2 PKM/Pecheneg Port

Thanks for sending us the updated release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Really love this mod but hate the recoil i even use a mod so you dont get the terrible Arma 3 sway but even with that the sway is pretty terrible standing up. Are you gonna make it any easier or shoot this weapon?

It's not supposed to be easy to shoot. ;)

The recoil is fine anyway, for a gun this big anything less would be like cheating.

I tried it and didn't like it.

A good rule of thumb from familiarization firing of an AK and RPK in Iraq. Basically if you fire it on single shot its actually accurate, firing full auto is just terrible ("big" bullet versus the weight of the weapon, which was very light). Matter of fact during my tour some moron fired an AK on full auto at two stationary Bradleys (the APC type thing) and missed as he was running across the street. So keep it on single and short bursts and you should be able to manage the weapon.

Thanks for the update, though i still have a massive issue with your weapons : the recoil.

Before i go any further let me explain, the recoil you seem to use ( or maybe it has to do with camera shake or whatever, didn't gave a proper eye to the configs ) isn't the standards ArmA 3 recoil. The way it " snaps back " into place after shooting is not the common behavior of ArmA 3 recoil and is kinda disturbing to say the least. It's like the weapon is maintained by a giant rubber band to the soldier chest.

Take that with a pinch of salt, but maybe you should get rid of your actual recoil values and use standard BI recoil values, like the zafir or any LMG. Plus, if someone is using a mod that affects the recoil ( like TMR or AGM ) it will be compatible right out of the box.

If you dont' see what i mean, just tell me, and i will make a small comparative webm. In motion the differences are obvious.

I noticed that too.

I always thought it was because it was made for A2, i'll look into it when i have time.

I noticed that too.

I always thought it was because it was made for A2, i'll look into it when i have time.

If you used A2 recoil values or A2 recoil configs then yes, it's probably because of that.

Thanks.

Update 13/08/2014

Another small update, i fixed the recoil. This time it shouldn't do any weird snaps because of Arma 2 black magic as it's using the M200 recoil straight from A3.

As always, if you find any problems feel free to contact me.

V0.5 - 13/08/2014

-Tweaked recoil

DL: https://www.dropbox.com/s/oa263w8c0rjsu2g/%40Cha_PKP.rar

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Update V0.6 - 30/04/2015

Updated to include Marksmen DLC features.

Bipods fold and unfold, also fixed the no-recoil bug and tweaked materials as well.

V0.6 - 30/04/2015

- Fixed no recoil bug

- Added Marksmen DLC bipods functionalities

- Tweaked materials

DL: https://www.dropbox.com/s/oa263w8c0rjsu2g/%40Cha_PKP.rar?dl=0

Update V0.6 - 30/04/2015

Updated to include Marksmen DLC features.

Bipods fold and unfold, also fixed the no-recoil bug and tweaked materials as well.

V0.6 - 30/04/2015

- Fixed no recoil bug

- Added Marksmen DLC bipods functionalities

- Tweaked materials

Great job on both updates (AK Pack)

Love this little port. Still fits into 2035 as well. :)

However, it appears that I can't mount any scopes on the machinegun? Is it a bug or intentional? Also, the holding animations seems to be wrong, because my character is holding an invisible handle with his left hand.

Also, is it possible that the MG would utilize the ArmA3 machinegun reloading animation? :)

Love this little port. Still fits into 2035 as well. :)

However, it appears that I can't mount any scopes on the machinegun? Is it a bug or intentional? Also, the holding animations seems to be wrong, because my character is holding an invisible handle with his left hand.

Also, is it possible that the MG would utilize the ArmA3 machinegun reloading animation? :)

Sight mounts will come further down the way, although i think it's going to require also my AK port for that eventually.

Holding animations were the best i could do with the game content when i made them, the character is holding the barrel in front of the ammo box.

It is possible, although it won't look as pretty as the original game content i think. I'll look into it.

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

Thank you!

Sight mounts will come further down the way, although i think it's going to require also my AK port for that eventually.

Holding animations were the best i could do with the game content when i made them, the character is holding the barrel in front of the ammo box.

It is possible, although it won't look as pretty as the original game content i think. I'll look into it.

Cool! I reckon that I saw some weapon packs, which included the PK variants, that had a proper ammo box holding animation. Maybe it would be possible to ask for permission to use them if I tracked down the author? :D

You asked for it, here it is. :P

Update V0.7 - 05/05/2015

I made another update for these weapons.

Pros: Both PKM and PKP now have optics (Goshawk, NSPU and 1P78).

Cons: They now require my AK pack to work.

I also changed a few things, the bipod should now change recoil to proper values, Marksmen DLC ambient echo sounds were added.

Reload animations, sounds and weapon holding animations were changed to something more suitable, so no more superhighspeed reload.

Changelog:

V0.7 - 05/05/2015

- Added optics support

- Added dependancy from AK74 weapon pack

- Fixed recoil value for deployed bipod

- Added Marksmen DLC ambient sounds

- Changed reload animation

- Changed weapon holding animation

Hey chairborne, thanks for updating. is it possible to add them a memory point + optionnal config for HLC AK optics ?

Edited by ElTyranos

I think not. :(

Optics require a specific proxy in the 3d model of the gun to work as far as i know, and i don't think that is changeable.

If they placed their optics with a different position (which is very much likely) i might have to make a new model and move the proxy around.

Out of curiosity, may i ask if there's any particular reason why you want HLC optics too?

As far as i can see they're pretty much equivalent, if anything my pack has even more optics models.

Edited by Chairborne

I think not. :(

Out of curiosity, may i ask if there's any particular reason why you want HLC optics too?

As far as i can see they're pretty much equivalent, if anything my pack has even more optics models.

We're playing with HLC AKs + CUP dragunov and VSS (among other packs), and we just don't need more "1-pack-compatible-russian-optics" (hopefully HLC guns are now compatible with CUP optics). We're trying to save disk space and keep the best arsenal visibility by avoiding duplicates (4 AK47 versions is useless and magazines are not compatibles). With all the respect I have for your work, I use the old version of your stand alone PKM/PKP because they are stand alone, even if they lack of optics :)

I will have a look anyway, I just wanted to suggest this idea, the more addons compatibility the better, to my point of view.

Edited by ElTyranos