Sign in to follow this  
nuxil

B.E.C. "Battleye Extended Controls" - Admin tool for dedicated servers

I must say im sadden by some of the reactions to Nux's decition to take down the free4all Bec service.

IMO this shows that this once great community is about to shift into the realm of children.

Remember the fun times we had, free of microtransactions.

Cherish and lock away this memory for posterity.

I must say that now I am interested as well. How were you making money off of ArmA servers in the past. I hope you were not breaking the EULA. I can only assume that you are making this money as a third party that Dwarden talks about whom are allowed to charge and make money. Also, I find it very interesting that you can be a part of a Mod developers community who has emphatically stated that he intends on turning people in to BI who use "his" Mod for monetary gain when you clearly mention that you pay your bills from charging as a result of ArmA servers. Isn't that a little hypocritical? I guess since you are not the decision maker it is not hypocritical but shows a lack in character.

I know how you feel about BI as I know who you are and have spoken with you before. Yes, I am posting this as an anonymous person but I think dear sir that you are barking up the wrong tree as well and really should be supporting BI since as a result of them you are able to pay your bills. The community as a whole makes a difference in your life given the fact that you are making money off of the community. It is clear that this is on a personal level as it is for me as well.

I will leave the rant at that point and remain slightly confused.

:yay:

As everybody is aware (If you're from the A.L forums then you too should be aware, so don't try to twist words), I make money by setting up servers for people, something which is completely out of Bohemia's reach unless they're taking over for Microsoft with their Server Operating System and even the occupation of Networking or IT Support, but I can't be entirely grateful or thankful of Bohemia because it's not just their product I work with, it just so happens that when I'm at home and on the PC, people message me about their A3 servers and since I no longer have an interest in actually doing things on this game for the entertainment, well why not slap a price on the setup and configuration of their dedicated server.

I've already addressed the decision making, as have you, but as far as 'Lack in character' goes? This is the internet, it's not a place where I'm going to come wearing a virtual Armani double breasted suit and sit on a high horse.

What Tonic or anybody else decides or does is their own business (& I became a moderator when I actually had an interest in ArmA still), now what I do is offer a bit of help and I also make a bit of money from people who want servers set up.

Now, as for a difference? Yes, but a major difference? Should I develop a new religion and praise BI because of €20 here or €50 there for a bit of work which makes absolutely no impact on my life financially? Nope, if anything I should be worshiping Microsoft or any person who develops their own distribution of Linux.

Trolling and responses deleted and thread locked. If Nuxil decides to reverse his decision, he can have the thread re-opened. Otherwise there is nothing to discuss here.