Burnes Armories Tanks and Deployment Vehicles

there's no substitute for dedication and an interest in the subject matter

Haha yeah i'm a little obsessed with making tanks more immersive. I think Steel Beasts is to blame lol :p

Update on the FV510 Warrior I've been working on...

v8 alpha video by Major Boggie for the Armaholic youtube channel.

Hope you enjoy watching :)

@all

Make sure to subscribe to support our channel or if you make videos and are interested to join Armaholic sent me a PM :)

Looking good on the updates Burnes. Can't wait to see what you add next :)

Wow looks great. Loving the Spectral Camo....

Any chance of Tan over Green ?

h3W58Uml.jpg

LIfTecOl.jpg

It's included already I do believe. There is a Tan and Woodland version.

That spectral camo, is that a completely different model or a hidden selection? If different models maybe you can use hidden selections to make the pack smaller in size and probably make your development process easier. If not, ignore me :) Or choose to ignore me regardless :D Just a thought that popped into my head.

It's included already I do believe. There is a Tan and Woodland version.

Hmm, but not Tan over Green ?

I'm not sure in what respect you mean Tan over Green, there is a model of the tank that has a Base color of Green. The multi-spec is just a layer of special material placed over the tank that diminishes the thermal signature. If you could explain what you mean in more detail it might help with providing a more accurate answer :)

Yoshi - the pics kinda give you a clue. Tan Spectral Camo layer over a green base :-)

SJ

Yoshi - the pics kinda give you a clue. Tan Spectral Camo layer over a green base :-)

SJ

All the spectral coverings are tan righht now. there is tan on tan and tan on green. there are no green spectral coverings included atm.

EDIT - Btw someone asked me if the Warrior would have Multi-Spec covering, I can't find any examples of a warrior fitted with it. Do they ever use it or is it soley something used on the Challengers?

Edited by Guest

I will look into that and get back to you burnes, and regarding the spectral colour, the base color of the tank is green. which burnes has added, the covering for the multi spec I believe only comes in tan as far as I'm aware. I will look into it though.

I've had a look around and the Warrior is not recorded any where or seen in any visual references to use the Multi spec covering. I would doubt it's use on a light vehicle considering the fact they aren't presumed to be in need of such protection considering battlefield roles and such.

Edited by Yoshi
Additional Information

Main Gun - Tank round disappears after attempting to hit targets over 2500m. Tried using a sabot round hitting tanks at 3000m - the round appeared to have vanish into the tank causing no damage.

I will look into this seeing as I'm playing with it at the moment.

Possible problem after looking into the config.bin: timeToLive=1 for the sabot

Also the Zeroing calibration might be bit off for ranges beyong 2000 for default FCS

Possible problem after looking into the config.bin: timeToLive=1 for the sabot

Also the Zeroing calibration might be bit off for ranges beyong 2000 for default FCS

DAMMIT lol, i was playing around with the cfgweapons trying to fix the AI gunner problem i guess i didn't correct every value. Don't worry there will be an update in a few days with the Driver LOD.

if by 'the default fcs' you mean bohemias lock on feature and by off you mean short then this is just how their system is. We used to use manual ranging in the 15th alot due to the unreliable nature of it. AGM's FCS is what i use for all testing

Thought I'd share the progress on the Challenger 2 driver interior. still a lot to do, most of this has basic bland textures applied and the model is still being tidied up, also there is no driver animation for turning out yet so when i turn out late in the video the hatch opens but the driver remains seated which is kinda cool cos you can hear the external sounds etc..

Obviously given the need to have a direct viewport artistic license had to be invoked a little and i gave the driver two extra monitors to increase the field of view a little as otherwise it was incredibly limited lol :p

Hey guys just thought I'd let you know that a Challenger 2 update is coming today, it will include the Driver LOD and also changes to the exterior model and texturing, some of which can be seen in parts of this video:

Also if anyone is looking for a friendly UK based unit using Alive and a host of modern British mods come check out the 51st (Scottish) Brigade at : http://51sb.enjin.com/home

Also the MK10 LCU is only days away now. And there will be demonstration of the Leopards going up soon

0.9 Alpha will be getting uploaded soon. Thought i would post the changelog now while its fresh in my mind:

Changelog:

Fixed Sabot round issue.

Added initial version of driver interior LOD

added commander and loader turn out animations

added open hatches options for commander

retextured the mantlet and front of turret to add more detail, this will be ongoing with other areas too

added textures to some other untextured areas

added specular and normal map to fuel drums

remodelled turret ERA to a lower profile

added components necessary for RAM mod as far as i understand it.

changed interior light parameters to allow visible from 3rd person (for crew of vehicle only)

changed HESH damage levels due to poor performance in testing

KNOWN ISSUES:

Driver monitor night vision currently doesnt work. click colour view to turn on reverse camera.

Driver turn out action isn't ideal by any means. i plan on learning to make rtm's very soon to create custom animations for each position

internal commander and loader hatches do not match external models yet. wip

on the multi-spec versions the ms covering goes over the commanders hatch hole

Edited by Guest

I'm having some issue with the M1A1.

http://i.imgur.com/BnerRB0.jpg (372 kB)

For some reason, the range on the aiming view is stuck at 200m no matter how far I aim on both gunner and commander view.

press tab, it will display the range then. for gunner that will be enoguh but commander still requires manual range adjustment

you are using agm right

EDIT - Challenger 2 v9 is now up

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Will be trying to get myt Abrams and AAV updates out this week along with the MK10

also here is a pic of the Leopard 2a4 in game but untextured lol. 2A5 and A6 will also be in the Leopard pack.

arma3_2014_12_05_22_08_20_393.jpg

You, sir, are my hero :yay:

haha thank you :D

here's another little teaser for you lol :p

I should stress that the physX settings here are absolutely untouched lol, giving a max speed of about 10kmh at present :p