Burnes Armories Tanks and Deployment Vehicles

What Burnes15th models in a month, takes a whole group six months if not longer :)

Since the T-90 is on the cards, will it have an interior as well?

yes it will have all the features that the other tanks do :)

---------- Post added at 02:02 ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 ----------

Oh it is so nice to see the abrams in matte and the old normal maps of Arma 1 finally gone and replaced with something more appropriate...got a question for ya, did greatly scale the resolution of the normal map or does Arma 3 support detail maps in normal map form?

http://s9.postimg.org/osh4545nz/arma3_2014_12_19_11_00_00_481.jpg how you got all the detail on the side of the turret I mean.

all textures made by me are much higher resolution than those used on the A2 models. This allows for finer details.

---------- Post added at 02:05 ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 ----------

With allowance from Brunes and with permission from Feint, I bring you the new (Old?) amphibious AAV.

Ship to Shore at last. I just gotta toss the files back to Brunes and he'll release it after he looks it over.

I would of liked to have created CBA keybindings for it for in-game control settings. But I R TEH DUMB and can't figure out the instructions.

http://youtu.be/CwfLQCCBW2c

crap! I forgot to record with the mike turned on. I'll upload another video later explaining the details, but you know, this works too.

wow guys that is really nice work well done, much much better than the scripted solutions i attempted :D

---------- Post added at 02:08 ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 ----------

Convoy lights basically haven't changed since forever. The Chally 2 is still a small hooded light shining onto a zebra crossing. As you say though, mostly we just use the TI - have the gunner keep the barrel pointed at the tank in front and the driver 'follows' the barrel was our usual trick, but then my driver didn't have TI back then. Or even just follow the track marks of the last tank that went that way, since they show up on TI for ages afterwards. We actually took our headlights off a lot of the time as the glass is all reflecty, which is bad.

thanks for the info again :)

Aw dern, well for not using a detail map that is some crisp detail. About what you mentioned with not splitting vertex groups and indenting to texture them to appear sharp, are you intending to do this by baking high poly data into the low poly? Is Arma 3's lighting capable of it? I always thought the results left from the low poly shading showed clear as day in the engine since it doesn't use three directional lights.

Aw dern, well for not using a detail map that is some crisp detail. About what you mentioned with not splitting vertex groups and indenting to texture them to appear sharp, are you intending to do this by baking high poly data into the low poly? Is Arma 3's lighting capable of it? I always thought the results left from the low poly shading showed clear as day in the engine since it doesn't use three directional lights.

I think we're talking at cross purposes here. I mean simply that i do not assign sharp edges until i've seen the model fully textured in game. This allows me to save tripling vertex normals unessacerily on edges that can be made to appear sharp through texturing alone. nothing to do with baking out normals or vertex groups.

I think we're talking at cross purposes here. I mean simply that i do not assign sharp edges until i've seen the model fully textured in game. This allows me to save tripling vertex normals unessacerily on edges that can be made to appear sharp through texturing alone. nothing to do with baking out normals or vertex groups.

So small details such as the latches on the rear maintenance doors and things like that? You threw me for a loop, never heard of someone assigning smoothing groups later hence the confusion hehehe.

Progress on the SCWS for the Abrams.

image190001.jpg

image190001.png

Edited by Guest

Wow - great progress !!!

For the LCS - will we be able to load in a Troop of Marines ? I.e. Normandy beach landing style ?

Wow - great progress !!!

For the LCS - will we be able to load in a Troop of Marines ? I.e. Normandy beach landing style ?

I hadn't planned on it but it should be pretty easy to set up so yes i think i will make it happen

it will basically just involve getting the same attach option you do with a vhicle when you're on foot so you;ll be able to literally carry as many people as the space permits. the gunner positions on the MK10 will not be functional for the time being though

EDIT: btw i am doing the MK5 as well

LCVP-Mk5.JPG

the HMS Bulwark wouldnt look right without these mounted on the sides lol

Edited by Guest

That's ok Burnes. Just being able to load in a couple of our sections or even the entire Platoon would be amazing !

leads me to the questions how many combat loaded marines DOES the LCS take - it's pretty big, looks like it would carry >100 !

That's ok Burnes. Just being able to load in a couple of our sections or even the entire Platoon would be amazing !

leads me to the questions how many combat loaded marines DOES the LCS take - it's pretty big, looks like it would carry >100 !

yeah i would guess as many as you fit in under the weight limit. if it can carry a challenger 2 fully fitted that would be 74.9 tons worth of marines lol

the Bulwark has space for 4 of them in the well too

EDIT - says 120 here:

http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/the-equipment/commando/landing-craft

Edited by Guest

I think we're gonna have to get a couple more members before we need to worry about that SJ. Loving the work Burnes, did I read somewhere that you are working on the Viking as well or was it a figure of my imagination?

I think we're gonna have to get a couple more members before we need to worry about that SJ. Loving the work Burnes, did I read somewhere that you are working on the Viking as well or was it a figure of my imagination?

yes it's been added to the list haha. There is a seperate list of all the vehicles being worked on on the 51st Scottish Brigade website because most will not be for public release but the viking will be made available :)

Cheers great to know, I assume that you will be adding Karneck's amphibious config as well ;) you know what we're like over at 3CB for shiny things.

I had a look for a list and couldn't see one on your website.

Cheers great to know, I assume that you will be adding Karneck's amphibious config as well ;) you know what we're like over at 3CB for shiny things.

I had a look for a list and couldn't see one on your website.

haha yeah you guys at the 3CB will get access to anything i put out anyway even if it isn't for public release. Oh and yeah I forgot the list hasn't been moved over from our old website yet, we moved to a new site recently. should be up soon :)

colour me excited - Wart-hog Too ?

yes definately. The Warthog will probably be finished first in fact (although not by much lol) given that the Army no longer use the Viking so for us at 51SB the Warthog will be what we'll be using.

really nice work around must took you some time to find that out

It's all credit to Feint for all of the legwork as listed in the video. I just took his paddle mod - http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?179498-Paddle-Mod-RELEASED!

and modified it to work with tanks instead of boats. Wasn't a lot of work but it's sad that we have to resort to using work arounds in the 1st place. Why BI changed it so tracked Vic's are no longer sea worthy is beyond me.

its a bummer but it is what it is lol maybe there gone have a fox for that some day but still nice work

Not sure if this is already included or planned, but will your tanks be supported by Real Armor Mod any time in the future, if not already?

Not sure if this is already included or planned, but will your tanks be supported by Real Armor Mod any time in the future, if not already?

The Challenger already does now, as will the Abrams in the next update which will be available as soon as i finish the SCWS. There will be several downloadable updates/releases in the immediate future. The hard part has been finding the time to get thework done lol, remember i don't have a team its just me lol. Although regarding contributions I have to say I am extremely grateful to Karneck and Feint for coming up with that awesome solution to the AAV amphibious prolem, it's much better than anything i'd attempted scripting wise and really will allow AAV's to function in their primary role. As Karneck said i really can't see the logic behind the decision not to allow amphibious tracked vehicles either. Maybe one day we'll see an updated config that allows said parameters but in the meantime Karneck and Feints solution will work pretty nicely i think :)

Burnes, I was playing around with the Leopard 2A6 from the BWmod and noticed their tank doesn't pull right or wobble at all. I was talking to a few of our lads earlier and one of them mentioned that it might be caused by the models them selves being slightly off center in the editor. It might be something you can check, like the orientation of the models themselves and correct them to be at exactly 0.00. If that doesn't work it might pay to ask the guys over at the BWmod for input on how you might figure it out.

Burnes, I was playing around with the Leopard 2A6 from the BWmod and noticed their tank doesn't pull right or wobble at all. I was talking to a few of our lads earlier and one of them mentioned that it might be caused by the models them selves being slightly off center in the editor. It might be something you can check, like the orientation of the models themselves and correct them to be at exactly 0.00. If that doesn't work it might pay to ask the guys over at the BWmod for input on how you might figure it out.

might be worth a look but this really was something you could have brought up on teamspeak rather than unnessacerily adding to this thread.

In other news the MK10 LCU has been put out to a few people for reviewing and testing and should be released within the next few days

Great to hear! Have you started on the Bradley yet?

Also, you should update the first post. It's pretty outdated. ;)