Sign in to follow this  
spartankicker

idea for making a mission

Here Is My Simple Mission

Operation:Weeping Angel

(Stupid Name I Know)

Operation Weeping Angel

Feel Free To Edit This Mission or upload it anywhere else(perhaps armaholic),just put my name in the credits

Edited by spartankicker
Fixed Link

thanks!i am a noob at editing and i was only able to make a "end" trigger without the screen fading

now i'm thinking of a name of the mission

how do you name a mission without the "20/°" stuff?

at least the mission is possible,:yay:

Edited by spartankicker

For a fancy ending use BIS_fnc_endmission:

"end1" call BIS_fnc_endMission;

in a trigger when the mission should end.

To avoid the "20%" stuff simply use underscores instead of empty space (spacebar).

You can name your mission in the Intel window inside the editor.

thanks

i managed to make the first three steps,although i had to use a "join and lead" waypoint so the leader orders the helo to fly,and also,the helicopter dosen't get back to the base,the rest of the steps are too pro for me,how do i make a "assault" waypoint? and a trigger/waypoint that requires me to destroy the ennemy helicopter AFTER i cleared the factory?

Edited by spartankicker

how do i make a vehicle move to it's waypoint only after a unit gets in it

unit gets inside helicopter

helicopter moves

Is this SP or MP?

sounds like SP. sync the waypoints of bird and unit, once unit enters bird it will take off, use "get in" for unit and "load" for bird at synced waypoints. Use radio calls for bird to come back and get you with triggers synced at hold waypoint with unit "hold" and use switch trigger, Place this allowfleeing 0; in bird or it may not land, use invisible landing pad for AI bird to land where you need, I personally hate AI birds, they don't like enemy nearby and avoid landing in places unless far off, if enemy bird not blown, the pickup may not land very close, there are many examples of these types of missions, just google, this stuff can be more complicated for noobs, like me:)

Trust me nothing is easy with BIS and ARMA. well, almost nothing.

okay,nothing is easy,ok,and it's singleplayer,can i release this mission at this forum with a mediafire link? i will read the mission presentation thread

okay,nothing is easy,ok,and it's singleplayer,can i release this mission at this forum with a mediafire link? i will read the mission presentation thread

You can do that, and you can also publish it on the Steam Workshop from the editor.

If you are new and want to learn, use this guide, i learned from it really much when i started

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?148594-ArmA-3-Editor-Tutorial-Building-a-Simple-Mission

Yeah That Guide REALLY helped,me=when i make missions i never find it good enough,i always ask:"maybe i could add something" until i find it good,by the way, is there a command for making a car already moving when the mission starts?

I added a debreifing,where do i put the "Description.ext" File?

{{{{{Singleplayer}}}}}

Edited by spartankicker

If you need it moving right away you could use setVelocity or simply give it some waypoints of the "move" type and it will drive to them. The description.ext file goes in the missions root folder. That should be located in "Documents\ARMA 3*\missions\yourmissionname.altis

*If you're not using the default profile then it would be \ARMA3-other profiles\yourprofilename\missions

So for me I use documents\ARMA 3 -other profiles\Jona33\missions

and setvelocity does what exactly? and what value(-1 or 1),cuz i dont know what "velocity" means

Can You Check out my mission?

Velocity is the rate of change of displacement, in other words speed as a vector.

So you can set something's speed and the direction of that speed.

how do you name a mission without the "20/°" stuff?

co 11 mymission, when saved in the editor becomes co%2011mymission.altis.pbo

co_11_mymission when saved in the editor becomes co_11_mymission .a;tis

Dont use spaces

You can always remove them after saving for transfer to a server (We replace all underscores with spaces)

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setVelocity

Look at the arguments, a car is an object and the command can be used on any object :)

Though, it won't start the engine or anything, it'll just push the car in one direction (I think, haven't checked). I'm not sure how you'd want to go about having the car driving to begin with

silentspike,i want the car to be driving because i act like i was dispatched FROM the car,like when you enter a taxi,get out,and the taxi drives away

Test this, this should do so its moves on start

CAR1 setvelocity [30 * (sin (getdir CAR1 )), 30 * (cos (getdir CAR1 )), 0]        

Change CAR1 to the same name as your car. This should do the car moves in the direction its facing with a speed of 30 (Also changeable)