Sign in to follow this  
BS87

No turning back

Ok, our Big Warner Bros. Friend in the sky says thiers a mine filed over where the tanks come in. So i walk on over, set up a defence, and watch time and again as the tanks roll by unharmed. Not once have they hit a mine.

Also, when ever i die, it usually hangs for about 30-40 seconds then it brings up the usual menu... what gives?

Mines: Yep, same here (and probably for everyone) just rpg them and run.

Hanging Yep, although not for so long. Probably 5 secs. But I can live with that.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (BS87 @ July 11 2002,06:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ok, our Big Warner Bros. Friend in the sky says thiers a mine filed over where the tanks come in. So i walk on over, set up a defence, and watch time and again as the tanks roll by unharmed. Not once have they hit a mine.

Also, when ever i die, it usually hangs for about 30-40 seconds then it brings up the usual menu... what gives?<span id='postcolor'>

My mines work fine.

My mines do not work in multiplayer.

Trucks just roll right over them.

Single player works fine..

It worked fine for me.

RED

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Nikolai @ July 11 2002,19:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My mines do not work in multiplayer.

Trucks just roll right over them.

Single player works fine..<span id='postcolor'>

Mines are not created to destroy trucks, only for heavy armored vehicles like tanks....

Mines in "No turning back" mission are functional but nobody can tell you if the tanks will go over them or not.

The T72 hit a mine in that mission for me. Also like medvidek said </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Mines are not created to destroy trucks, only for heavy armored vehicles like tanks....

<span id='postcolor'>

I just line up about 6 mines (only six cos of time) so when one tank goes over, the others go around (and boom), and they do the job. Pick the left overs with rpg's.

Well technically mines ok but its really starting to put some strain on me wee old 600 and 64mb RAM

wow, only 64mb of ram!?! wow.gif

what do you have the game set at?

p.s- I was lucky, both bmp and t-72 hit a mine biggrin.gif

You can do it even more simply. I just put 8 satchel charges in line. When the first truck was at the last charge (seen from truck's driver) I blowed the charges up and went to to the village without being seen. Oh, and at the same time I got a BMP who was heading the convoy.

Umm you seem to be talking about a different mission. There were no convoys here. Anyway i got lucky and RPG'ed both. The thing that amazes me is that, i know where hte mines are, and i watched the bmp roll over it. And it didn't blow.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (You_looking_at_me? @ July 12 2002,13:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well technically mines ok but its really starting to put some strain on me wee old 600 and 64mb RAM<span id='postcolor'>

OMG! And I tought my 1ghz, 256 mb, radeon 8500 comp had problems with OFP!

I feel sorry for you. sad.gif