Sign in to follow this  
bardosy

How could I set no rain?

I want a mission with many clouds, but no rain.

If I use the editor and set overcast more then 0.5, the rain immediately set to auto. And if I set it to manual, the overcast immediately set to 0.5.

OK, this is the editor and won't work. So I write into init.sqf this line:

0 setRain 0;

It works, no rain anymore, but the clouds!!! Holy crap, it's scary light the last day of Earth: There are clouds, but in a very specific circle above me is clear. So I guess setRain command is obsolete or not really implement in arma3.

So, how can I make a mission with clouds (overcast > 0.5), but no rain, and no doomsday effect?

Set them to manual and write the cloud amount manually into Editor. The scrollbar re-sets it to auto, you are right about that.

Other than that 0 setRain 0 works all right, but only until next weather change (wich is about 30 mins after mission starts, then random from 5000 secs to 20000 secs).

AFAIK rain is separated from SimulClouds now, so what you see is a cool SimulCloud effect. :)

Set some wind so that the clouds can (and will) move. ~65ish they look pretty dense already withiout too much darkening.

I've been wanting a similar effect, stormy clouds without rain but with doomsday effect :) thanks I come back later try some settings. It would be nice to be able to stop/control the cycle.

Wow, thank you! (Kösz).

I thought the scrollbar is the same as manually set.

It works.