Sign in to follow this  
pd3

Really really horrible, horrible FPS in multiplayer just recently.

So I know some people have complained about it, and the first week I played A3 online I got a reasonable FPS on most low-latency online games I've been playing so I chalked it up to a bad connection or poor hardware.

However I recently went to a server I played on last week and even though my latency was in the low 40s, I was doing absolutely horrible for FPS.

Can anyone explain why?

Is it something about the server itself? As I've been tweaking my graphics card and I can now get consistently high frame rates in singleplayer in the mid 40s (good for my old machine), and while usually on some servers with MP they're in the high 20s or low 30s, I've never experienced something as abyssmal as 15-18 frames per second even though my latency was pretty good.

Has there been any updates to the game in the last week or is this a pretty common phenomena?

Edited by Pd3

You should not be surprised if the server caused your low fps. Most of the time the server needs a restart and that will fix it....... for a short amount of time depending on how many players there are/were in.

If the mission is badly written (too many wasteful cycles) and/or the server hasn't been refreshed in a while, then the FPS can be shockingly bad. Ping has nothing to do with it. It can even be the server setup (black art not fully divulged by BIS)

Thanks for your replies guys, I suppose that explains it to an extent.

Yes, I believe something is going on...

I just bought/setup a brand-new rig back in February of 2014 and my FPS was working perfectly normal, even on High/Ultra settings in Multiplayer mode!!

Then all of a sudden, since this last update (which added the new To-199 Neophron and A-164 Wipeout jet fighters), my FPS went to h*ll on ANY server I join in Multiplayer mode. ---- Singleplayer mode and mission editor work PERFECTLY normal...

Not sure what happened, but my cousin and I hosted/setup a brand new private server and I was experiencing the exact same issue. I even had my video settings to the LOWEST quality possible. I will get max 12 FPS regardless of which server I join, and the game play will be EXTREMELY "choppy"...

What happened? It was all working perfectly fine before all these new updates... should I try re-installing Arma 3 through Steam??

Thanks!

-Modeo

My Rig:

Video Card --- GeForce GTX 760 (2GB)

CPU --- Intel Core i7-4770 Haswell Quad-Core 3.4GHz

RAM --- CORSAIR Vengeance Pro Series 16GB (DDR3-2666)

(not the slowest machine... what is going on~!?!)

I second this.

My FPS drops from 60 to 6 on stratis now and then on a very simple MP mission and I didn't experience this behaviour before yesterdays update.

Also I asked some arma friends and they experienced the same issues. On Low FPS this really becomes unplayable.

I'm running an AMD 280x, one of my frriends a Nvidia gtx 680; so it happens with both major GC vendors.

Edited by specie