Sign in to follow this  
Chairborne

Arma 2 sample models LAV-25 port

There was a video on the official US Marines Youtube channel last week of the AMV Patria undergoing amphibious testing, so i guess it might happen for real after all.

I gotta say that seeing it with a more "conventional" green painting it isn't that bad, however i still prefer more traditional vehicles.

Today however i come bearing gifts:

Like I stated before, if you need anything let me know. I'd like to say I'm one of the resident experts here on LAV's. I'll be out and about for a few weeks but after that I'd be able to help you with anything you need.

Most 25/M/AT's we are getting back from Albany don't have the CARC woodland applied, and it seems like they're leaving it that way.

This was my Pig when I was deployed:

http://i.imgur.com/RrK4vs8.jpg

These are the ones we have in Oki now, notice the all green CARC.

http://i.imgur.com/20l8PIo.jpg

You honestly couldn't tell the difference once the thing gets covered in dirt/dust.

Also I don't know of an antenna that does that on a C2.

Edited by Wilco

Also I don't know of an antenna that does that on a C2.

:(

This is just the direct port for now.

When i get to work on the planned additions i'll consider removing it.

It's kind of weird they added that if it doesn't exist.

The BTR-90 HQ has a similar antenna as well.

I'll let you know later on for anything specific, some more details on the painting would be much appreciated.

Do you have any insigna/callsign painted on the hulls?

This was my Pig when I was deployed:

http://i.imgur.com/RrK4vs8.jpg

These are the ones we have in Oki now, notice the all green CARC.

http://i.imgur.com/20l8PIo.jpg

You're lucky. Here on Lejeune 2nd LAR has to plaster these HUGE "WIDE LOAD" signs on their pigs now, front and rear of every vehicle, whenever they step off from the ramp. Tactical genious for field ops since some poor sob sideswiped one awhile back.

Edit:

I saw a few notes about the AMV's program kicking back into gear in February of this year after being put on hold (For the USMC). I was kind of disappointed when the EFV failed so miserably but hey, if Patria can do it better and the Havoc actually makes it into service then by all means, lets have at it.

Can't wait to load this port up onto our servers boss, great work so far.

Yeah when I was with 2nd we didn't have to have all of that shit on our Vic's. I'm pretty sure I can recall the incident when they had to start doing that. I was with 3rd by then.

Good times though.

This is just the direct port for now.

When i get to work on the planned additions i'll consider removing it.

It's kind of weird they added that if it doesn't exist.

The BTR-90 HQ has a similar antenna as well.

I'll let you know later on for anything specific, some more details on the painting would be much appreciated.

is a part of the animation that transform the lav/btr90 from mobile HQ to static HQ with trailer antennas etc etc

Just the basic vehicle SN's and some other mumbo jumbo. We ended up spray painting an insignia on ours that I had created in Photoshop that turned out pretty good though. Usually that's frowned upon nowadays though.

Typically this is frowned upon in the Marine Corps as it makes it easier for enemy forces to profile a unit and know who they're dealing with based off of the decals on the vehicles. Some units still do it though so it's really up to the unit commanders and how they feel about insignias or custom platoon decals being slapped onto vehicles.

Our sister platoon painted their section decals onto their truck turrets for example, yet when we rolled into Iraq to replace them, they immediately had us cover them up and match the tan paint back to the trucks in order to hide the decals completely.

very good work!

You also have made the porting of the Av8 ?

Lol no i wish... maybe further down the road.

They just looked nice flying overhead, but they're from AllInArma.

Edited by Chairborne

i'm wondering with same config values you may port all strykers in a3 heheheheheheh ;)

Nice to hear you are close to release, always good to see another project see the light of day.

I saw that you mentioned a possible reskin, is that national variants or perhaps something to darken the paint job such as this?

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/NodUnit/Arma%202%20NATO%20retexture/lav-25-1.jpg

I don't know why but something about A2's overall paint scheme seemed a bit odd...beyond washed out and the colors more pinkish in hue.

Oh and biiiig kudos for keeping the paint mostly matte...not like

Edited by NodUnit