Sign in to follow this  
--V--ac

Mission: counterattack

I'm stuck on this missions called counterattack. Ive tried stocking my men up with rpgs (about 5 men with 3 rpgs each).. and im able to take out about 4 tanks.. but thats it.. (theres like 8 tanks) in the notes it mentions using satchel charges, but i cant find those anywhere on the gear selection menu.. and i cant find any satchel charges at the base we're defending.. if anyone can help itd be much appreciated, thx

As soon you start. get stocked up with mines. get two other of your guys stocked up with em too. these can be had from the ammo crates under the cammo netting.

head directly south until u reach a forest which creates a bottle neck with another forest. this will be along the the "valley" that the tanks come down, plant all ur mines there, and ur two other guys mines too. but space them quite gerously cos lets face it, u have at least 12 amongst all three of ya ad if one blows a tank up, u dont want it bouncing onto a new one and rendering that one useless.

then take the bmp, all you men, with their rpgs and full ammo complements. into the ofrest, dont get into the bm though.

sit and wait in the forest. and if any slip through the mine field which I doubt mop em up with the rpg-75. finally after the tanks, a load of choppers will come. you can either be a pussy and run off, or take them out with the M2 machine gun (for the V-80) and rpg 75 (for mi17 and mi24) then a t72 and a t80 will come, u can then take those out too. this gives u all the time in the world to do ur "vietcong" thing and clear the battlefield of significant equimpent such as NVgoggles, RPGs, sniper rifles, mines and satchel charges. then load them into the BMP and head off to the forest we're u are told to retreat to.

question: how do u do a "vietcong" thing and pick up all those items off the dead when i dont have any room to pick them up.. (id have to drop something)

another question: is there a fast and easy way to get my men to collect mines and satchels at the ammo crates?..

I always seem to be spending 30 mins (exagerating) trying to get my men to pick up each item 1 at a time (couldnt find a way to pick up 3 or more at a time) if there is plz tell, thanks

....... I had all my men killed in the previous mission

biggrin.gif

So all I did was take out the troops with the MG, and then when the tanks came, they were accompanied by the choppers so victor became scared and I ran off. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I put like four mines in the bottleneck part in the forest, another four in the road about halfway to base, and the rest all around the entrance. Then you get an RPG or AT-4 (from dead soldier) and sit up on the hill overlooking the road from the East.

Hmm. I just got done with this mission, I was on my own, because my AI allies, were busy looking at the lovley leaves on the trees instead of fighting. I noticed in resistance AI under your command don't listen very well. I set up mines and satchels at the road the tanks and soldiers come on. I started with the Lead t-80 and took it out with 5-6 RGP's... Then the others came... they were pissed they ran all into my mines lol, then the 2nd batch of tanks came and the soldiers too, when they were all by the road i detonated the 10 satchles i had spread apart around there, then the 3rd batch of tanks came... 1 BMP and a T-72. i took them out with the RGP's...

About the gunships, they cant see you if your crawling.

When all armor was down and I had taken out most of the RGP enemy soldiers I jumped into the BMP, (MYN), and shot down the gunship, ussualy 1 of them crashes for no reason. I saved it there, then I drove out and hit all the extra mines I had laid having to go back 1 save LOL, I loaded HEAT MPAT in the BMP and shot in the middle of a small squadron of AI infantry, and took out the strays with BMP MG, Then I beat the mission. Hope this helps or aids you in beating the mission.  smile.gif

i didnt face many tanks only about 4 came, i only lost 1 guy and managed to destroy the hind but had to go when paratroopers came.

This what I did.  The mission before is a ural truck.

So I load it up. making sure to grap the scorpian out of the crate.  then with me and my fellow counterparts headed out to the camp above the hill in the truck.  

We then sat there and camping killing the enemy I lost one guy out of 12.  Then I heard firing come from behind me. told my guys to hold position and headed back. another russian squad trying to take out my tanks. not nice. anyway killed them with my draganov.

went back finshed off the last of the russians I could see loaded my squad in the ural and drove into the camp.

Anyway when the next mission starts I have a ural truck.

I put four guys on the mgs to deal with the immediate infantry threat.   Drove the Ural over to the ammo crates loaded up all the mines and satchels. drove down the road to bottle neck.  

First plant row of satchels.  Then plant two rows fo mines.

then another row of satchels  12 mines 12 satchels

Then when the tanks come let everyone get into the kill zone AND BOOM.

simple then jump in your truck dirve back to base and wait for any stragglers. take them out.  

At this point I used the save mission option.  The choppers came and I shot down all of them. then load up my Ural with all the weapons.   leave one guy out of the return zone and then go load up the civ truck with all my new goodies.

Trick to resistance is alot of camping. Your better off staying in one spot and killing off the enemy who gladly accomadates you by attacking you.  Oh yeah keep your squad on its belly, you and your men will live alot longer.

Also try and have four PK gunners in your squad.  dude four resistance with pks will crush any squad comming at you.

Sorry for the long winded post.  Hope this helps.

I threw 4 guys into MG's at start. Took 3 more and got them to take osme mines. I took them too. HEaded over betweein the trees with my BMP. Then set the mines in a staggered form. Went back and did it again. Filled the 3 tanks with AI and kept them at base. Once the enemy tanks started coming, I brought my tanks in. The enemy was murdered by my mines.

The tank's finished with the infantry. I saved then the chopers came. Then I just hauled ass outta there with my squad.

I just ordered my men into the woods, leaped into the BMP-2 and killed the two Red squads that came at me. Then I just grabbed mines and made two minelaying runs to the bottlenecks. I was able to destroy all the T-72's and BMP's, and then got in the T-72 as gunner and destoyed the immoblizied t-80's.

wow bad ass.. thx for all the help, i ended up just having my men stay towards the front of the base to deal with the immediate infantry threat while me and two other men got some mines.. i then grouped every1 up finished off the soldiers and planted 12 mines halfway between the forest bottleneck and the base.. and finished of leftover tanks with rpg's.. and just hauled ass when the choppers came.. the trick seems to be those mines.. biggrin.gif