Sign in to follow this  
ciutarobert

Really weird crashed on a single server

Basically when i try to play on a specific server , after a while my game suddenly gets minimized , and i cannot get back into it other than killing task and starting again , tried tabbing back in with cursor , alt tab , task manager and so on

if i look at the task manager it tells me that the process is not responding

I would also like to mention that this only happens on a specific server but only to me and from time to time

I tried checking integrity , i am not on DEV build , reinstalled graphic drivers , tried older versions , reinstalled DX and so on

Any ideas?

Single player? No I believe he means only one server in specific.

Does it happen to other people on that server?

Is it running any addons?

What other programs do you have running in the background?

Multiplayer on BWRU server more exactly

It is running plenty of addons but i'm sure it is not the cause since it only screws for me and only on that specific server

Other programs that are in the background frequently: TeamSpeak 3 , Steam , Google chrome canary , Logitech gaming software ( for macro buttons on mouse/keyboard )

I also have a weird issue that might be a bit related , i'll try to reinstall the windows to fix it but mentioning it might help

when is startup my pc the first time in a day ( after like 10 hours of being off ) it works for 1 minute and then everything but the cursor completly freezes , and all i can do is press CTRL ALT DEL and it tells me : Preparing security options or some junk like that , then i just restart it and it works perfectly untill i turn it off again :/

This started happening when i upgraded to 12 GB Ram and the MOBO BIOS but i doubt it is related to that

I tired putting the game in fixed window instead of fullscreen and now i got this

D3D Error DXGI ERROR DEVICE REMOVED

the video card is an asus TOP GTX 560 TI

/reinstalled all drivers , updated video drivers , tried older ones and so on

still crashing

crashes again , i noticed the nvidia driver error message at the bottom right corner tho ,the driver stopped working and recovered

I am having the exact same problems and it is not specific to a server, it happens on any Altis Life server I try. Complete game breaker, I feel like I just wasted $60. What is Steam's return policy?

ciutarobert,

Is your Graphics Card overclocked? What size/brand of power supply do you have? I'm assuming you have some kind of security software running due to the "Preparing security options" message - what security program?

onelightminute,

Steam doesn't usually do returns - though you can try contacting their customer support anyways. ArmA 3 is certainly not a waste of money. ArmA also has one of the best communities of any game out there, so let us try to help you fix the problem.

Does your issue happen on a non-Altis Life server?

Here is my experience.

What I discovered is that I had set the power setting on my on-board Intel HD 4000 chip to max, which isn't good because I have an Intel i7 MBP running Windows natively on a partition of the HDD and the laptop only has a single fan, so it gets hot. I think the crash to desktop may be caused by excessive temperatures. Monitoring my hardware with Speccy, I saw the CPU get as hot as 85C when I was playing earlier with the max power setting and getting frequent crashes. Lowering the power setting to power-saver mode can induce low FPS depending on what game I'm playing but the temperature will rarely exceed 55C on the CPU. Playing with the GPU on balanced power enabled me to play Battle Royale and Wastelands earlier without any crashes, but when I played Altis Life Asylum I crashed within a minute of spawning. I'm about to try Altis Life on low power and turn the graphics down to see if I can play it that way.

I'd rather not return the game, I was pretty stoked to play it so it was a huge letdown when I couldn't play it reliably.

UPDATE: When I tried playing in power save mode, temperature of CPU did not exceed 60C but game crashed pretty quickly again. Instead of CTD, I crashed to a black screen which I could alt+tab to other things with, but mouse unresponsive and ultimately have to ctrl+alt+dlt to open task manager that way and terminate Arma 3.

Edited by onelightminute
add result

60C shouldn't be a problem but 80C and up can cause problems with some systems, especially laptops. If you were at 60C on an Altis Life server and still had the issue then that rules temperature out, although I'm curious what your GPU temps were just to be positive it isn't temperature related.

I'm not familiar with the scripting in Altis Life but it could be that your computer is reacting to some scripts. Try disabling security programs or adding ArmA 3 as an exception. If that doesn't work try adding the arma3.exe as an inbound/outbound rule exception in control panel.

Well, the GPU temp is basically the CPU since it's one of those on-board chips. Speccy won't give me a temperature on it. The server in question is Asylum and does have a lot of crazy scripts on it. I've got arma3 set to real-time priority and I have tried disabled security programs already and set up arma3 as being allowed to go through firewall, if that's what you meant by the last part of your post.

I'm not very familiar with Mac Books, is it an APU or a separate GPU chip?

If we can rule out temps, power, security, and faulty parts - Then if it only happens on that server I suggest contacting the admins of that server. See if they are running a server-side anti-cheat or other scripts that might cause crashes on some systems. They may have a message board for their gaming group or just for that server. See if other people there are having the problem or have found a fix.

I'm not sure man, I don't have that much technical knowledge. I can tell you that the GPU is not its own seperate entity and that the CPU does part of the GPU's job. It's the Intel HD 4000 on board graphics chip.

It doesn't seem to be a specific server so much as it seems to be Altis Life. The two servers I've tried to play on (Asylum and SealTeamSloth) have the same sort of crash though. As a reminder, I had no crashes whatsoever for the two or three hours I played Battle Royale and Wastelands last night.

I mentioned this on the other post but also today I tried deleting all the Arma 3 .dll files and launching the game without checking the integrity as someone else had described. Crashed due to a D3D error which I believe is Direct X, so deleted all but directx setup and .dll in the Arma 3 directx folder and tried reinstalling it, then I got the old CTD symptoms again on low power mode. CPU temp did not exceed 58C before crashing.

So lets just assume for a moment that it is something in the Altis Life mission file causing this - anyone familiar with it? I'm not at home right now to look at it.

My guess is his system is underpowered as it is for Arma 3 and missions like Altis Life will only make that worse. I've tried using an HD4000 onboard graphics adapter before (on a Lenovo i7 3770) and it runs like shit even in 640x480.

Also doing things like setting the .exe at real-time priority will contribute to the instability.

it is an ASUS TOP 560 TI Factory overclocked

600 W corsair PSU

no software due to preparing security options , don't even use antivirus

my issue only happens on a single server

I'm sorry ciutarobert I got your post confused with onelightminute's post :p