Sign in to follow this  
Shazzy

Real Sound team WIP Thread.

I was thinking that if you'd add speed of sound for aircrafts, what would happen when an aircraft is nearing the sound barrier.. Samples stacking on top of eachother? I'm basically wondering if you're planning on adding speed of sound for aircrafts and if you'd, in that case, expect any side effects from implementing it?

Speed of Sound aircrafts? I'm sorry but BigPickle is working on an independent sound mod called "Speed Of Sound", if you read up above a few of my posts you can see me explain how the arma engine is very limiting. The only way to add a sound barrier or sound cone (doppler effects) is to completely re-script one.

I was thinking more like speed of sound like it works for weapons right now. So that an aircraft seldom is where your ears tell you it is. I guess a simple delay based on distance?

Hm might be worth a shot but we'll see. For now heres an update on the SU-35 and F-15C both nearing release

Work In Progress:

F-22 Raptor for future use with the USAF mod! :D

The SU-35 doesn't sound that good. It may be due to the very suddle changes in sound. Maybe a more fluid transition would do, also, the power up sound is too quick, it seems. Everything else is great.

The SU-35 doesn't sound that good. It may be due to the very suddle changes in sound. Maybe a more fluid transition would do, also, the power up sound is too quick, it seems. Everything else is great.

The video's showing the SU-35 are pretty old now, and was still very WIP at the time.

Community, here is a bitty update for the @RealSound mods;

Some of you know I was away for the last month on various missions trips, and volunteer work out of state. I am now back, and have some free time till school starts back up! Once school gets back into action, that will take priority one since I am growing closer to my ultimate goal in life, law enforcement. This project, for me, is moving into part time (fun only/if I feel like modding). I will still be creating content/replacing sounds, but do not expect a once a month release as school is coming back into full swing here in the states.

I have noticed a lot of sounds have screwed with the new "update" for ArmA 3. If you have time, please send me your error log (RPT file) via PM and will try and take a look at them this weekend to get all my current releases straitened out!

I appreciate your patience, and I am just as eager to get my hands back into this work as you are eager to get your hands on some new sounds. :)

Thanks guys/gals!

Best Regards,

Shadow

Edited by LtShadow

Are you guys still alive? I was Curious if you guys could get in touch with LordJarhead and see if you can provide real sounds for the Jets. I think if You provided Real Jet sounds for the jets, it would add to the most epic sound collaboration in Arma History, Period.

We are and we arnt, The problem with that is the problem I ran into doing sounds for the YAK-130 (aka the Neophron) its extremely hard to find sounds (the startup the upclose the distance and shutdown ect ect.) for it thus you need a generic sound and from my point of view LordJarhead does pretty well for the "generic" sound for the jets. Instead it would be better if we made them compatible with his mod (which as far as I know they are already).

As for have we made anymore? Don't know about Lt Shadow as he's been away. Myself however I have done the RAH-66 (and has been done for quite some time just kinda forgot about it) which ill post within a few days. Other wise no progress and I havnt touched Arma 3 for some time but will probably get the Huey from the US helicopter import mod as I miss the classic Huey thump thump in the near future.

Edited by Shazer

The same here really, I really am waiting on some releases from the USAF mod to get back into my game. I'm doing a redux on John & Sauls Blackwasp FA-18 as recommended by a fellow community member, which should take no time if I just use the same sounds from the standard Super hornet mod I had done. :)

Can't wait for the F-16 and F-22 releases.

I'm not touching the standard in game helos/jets as they will be covered by LJ's JSRS DFyre sound mod which is amazing, I must say.