Sign in to follow this  
Nakroma

XAPOFX1_5.dll is missing? (Windows)

Hello,

I just installed an Arma 3 Server on my Windows Server 2008 R2 via steamcmd (https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Dedicated_Server#Instructions_.28Windows_o.2Fs.29)

Everything was okey etc. until I try to start the arma3server.exe via shortcut, then this pops up:

The programm can't start because XAPOFX1_5.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the programm to fix this problem.

Now I'm aware (all mighty google) that this is a DirectX problem, but I have DirectX 11 installed (100% confirmed per dxdiag).

Anyone know what to do :/?

Lg

NP.. ran into this myself when A3 was released. The directX package that was already installed in Windows was missing some files and it seems the web installer does the trick!!

did you attempt to install the dedi server package or the full package, reason i ask is the dedi package shouldnt have given you this issue, it doesnt come with a directX folder

^ good point didn't think of that... I assume he's using the client install and running it as a server as that is when I ran into this issue (before dedi files were released)

In Steam I believe it's called Arma 3 Dedicated Server you can download it under the Tools section (going from memory I could be wrong)

The wiki tutorial is based on This tutorial (stickied in this forum)] I havent updated the wiki version, there's been some changes since that was done

Check the section under SELECTING DEVELOPMENT OR STABLE BUILD

just make sure you leave the steamAppid.txt as 107410

OK, so I just installed on Windows Server 2012 R2 and get the msg in the title - (XAPOFX1_5 dll is missing) when I first run the shortcut. There is no DirectX manual update for Server 2012 and my server is 100% up to date. And I went to my Windows 8.1 desktop to find the directx folder and copy it over as suggested above. There is no \Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\DirectX folder. I'm at a total loss as to where to turn.

Make sure you are installing the dedicated server package from Steam and not the client install.

Find the installer on your own computer

X:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\_CommonRedist\DirectX\Jun2010\DXSETUP.exe

Take it to the server and install it. Should work perfectly.