Sign in to follow this  
jepuskar

The tasmanian devil is...

^You just asked the stupidest question...

He has an english voice for the 3rd time.

"I would consider East Timor and Tasmanian the same region"

I would consider you know absolutely... FUCK ALL. Tasmania is at the bottom of aus, and east timor is not RIGHT NEXT to aus. Tasmania is the island at the bottom of aus, and timor is above aus.

the Bis team works on a big project they did not tell what but its ass big as the time from release of ofp to resistance or something but its big what they work on

and i dont think it has something to do with East Timor that Tas Devil

Bis just did not came up with something and they put in that

maybe one of the mission makers of BIs is a fan of Taz Devil cartoon you will never know

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> would consider you know absolutely... FUCK ALL. Tasmania is at the bottom of aus, and east timor is not RIGHT NEXT to aus. Tasmania is the island at the bottom of aus, and timor is above aus.

<span id='postcolor'>

A little harsh, but I agree, they are on opposite sides of a continent.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jamesia @ Aug. 06 2002,22:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpaceAlex @ Aug. 06 2002,20:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jamesia @ Aug. 06 2002,19:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why are there so many British people living on that island? I found that odd. Anyway, I think the fact that he has a British accent tells us that he is a friend of Troskas.

.   .    its Tom.<span id='postcolor'>

They have British accent because all voices were recorded in England. Codemasters recorded them.  smile.gif  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

................................................... they managed to get russian accented voices for the russians.<span id='postcolor'>

Well yeah. Maybe they have found a few people from Russia. biggrin.gif

True, but you will see in the upcoming release, Independence Lost, how East Timor and the Tasmainan Devil will relate. Inside word has it that, a relative of Victor Troska will come to the aid of the Tasmainan Devil will he is cornered in East Timor while vacationing with his family. A major conflict breaks out in the region and the Tas and Victor's relative will work together to calm the threats in the region by using new weapons, new netcode, realistic mission to mission stories and the ability to save weapons going from mission to mission.

Stay tuned....

This has to be the stupidest, silliest thread on the entire Internet, but here are my 2 cents, the distance between Tasmania and East Timor (according to Mappoint) is ~2600 Miles.

The distance beteween England and USA is ~2600 Miles, therefore by your reasoning ...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (kojak_2002 @ Aug. 06 2002,22:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"YEE-HA"<span id='postcolor'>

seems like he's an American....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LoneSoldier @ Aug. 07 2002,02:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I would consider you know absolutely... FUCK ALL.<span id='postcolor'>

That kind of tone is not called for, I suggest you try to speak to the other forum users with a modicum of respect in future.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

True, but you will see in the upcoming release, Independence Lost, how East Timor and the Tasmainan Devil will relate. Inside word has it that, a relative of Victor Troska will come to the aid of the Tasmainan Devil will he is cornered in East Timor while vacationing with his family. A major conflict breaks out in the region and the Tas and Victor's relative will work together to calm the threats in the region by using new weapons, new netcode, realistic mission to mission stories and the ability to save weapons going from mission to mission.

Stay tuned.... <span id='postcolor'>

Where did you find that crazy info? confused.gif

Anyway if you LISTEN and READ what the tasmanian devil is saying when he makes his appearance there are short pauses. This suggests that he has thought of the name from nowhere and the tasmanian devil has no meaning at all, it was the first thing on his mind! Didnt know they had cable on Nogova though, im sure the local TV is crap tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpaceAlex @ Aug. 07 2002,10:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jamesia @ Aug. 06 2002,22:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpaceAlex @ Aug. 06 2002,20:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jamesia @ Aug. 06 2002,19:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why are there so many British people living on that island? I found that odd. Anyway, I think the fact that he has a British accent tells us that he is a friend of Troskas.

.   .    its Tom.<span id='postcolor'>

They have British accent because all voices were recorded in England. Codemasters recorded them.  smile.gif  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

................................................... they managed to get russian accented voices for the russians.<span id='postcolor'>

Well yeah. Maybe they have found a few people from Russia. biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

well then, how come the inhabitants of Everon have russian accents? (the resistance forces)

Surely from this we can assume that there are a lot of russian people in that group of islands.

so why give them British accents? eh? eh? eh?

Why give them british accents if they are all supposed to sound russian?

tounge.gif

Guba is the Tasmanian Devil, because Guba has a divided personality. On the one hand he wants to get the island on the other hand he wants to stop himself tounge.gif

Yeah, insane Guba what a story... smile.gif

I should become a story writer... biggrin.gif

Jamesia, why do you do that? You don't need 10 lines of empty space. And aren't you guys still reading a bit too deep into this? I mean come on, it's a game.

:-) the idea is that you have to take time to think about things when you are looking down.

and its also not just a game. its got a deep philosophical meaning behind it. Bohemia Interactive are actually all philosophers.

<span id='ME'><center>Jamesia runs</center></span>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Harnu @ Aug. 10 2002,22:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Jamesia, why do you do that?  You don't need 10 lines of empty space.  And aren't you guys still reading a bit too deep into this?  I mean come on, it's a game.<span id='postcolor'>

If you don't read into the game, then it's just... a game. Not OFP. OFP have stories and background like no other game on the market. You really get into it by things like this, even if it is simple, like Tasmanian Devil.

Now, if you will excuse me, I'm going to kill some russians. Bye! smile.gif

Jamesia, I'm suprised no mods have gotten really pissed at you yet.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

hmmmm..... yes

how does he want to stop himself?<span id='postcolor'>

So we are supposed to tkae time and think about confused.gif ...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (TheBrain @ Aug. 10 2002,17:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Guba is the Tasmanian Devil, because Guba has a divided personality. On the one hand he wants to get the island on the other hand he wants to stop himself tounge.gif

Yeah, insane Guba what a story...  smile.gif

I should become a story writer...  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

hey! I claimed it first! biggrin.giftounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Harnu @ Aug. 10 2002,19:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Jamesia, I'm suprised no mods have gotten really pissed at you yet.

hmmmm..... yes

how does he want to stop himself?<span id='postcolor'>

So we are supposed to tkae time and think about  confused.gif ...<span id='postcolor'>

biggrin.gif me too.

In my opinion, that is something to think about. to show my general confusedness.

do you understand?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and its also not just a game. its got a deep philosophical meaning behind it. Bohemia Interactive are actually all philosophers.

<span id='postcolor'>

Seek help! biggrin.gif

Well where does everyone reckon these Islands are? I reckon they gotta be just north of Germany a bit east of Denmark which explains why its cool climate like Britain or Germany and also the tensions between Soviet and Western Democratic ideas

This thread seems to be seriously lacking in any kind of point now.