Sign in to follow this  
zachgibson22

Helicopter wont take off

So I'm attapemting to make a custom heli. I got it ingame basically just calling everything from the Blackfoot.

When I'm in it the engine turns on and starts up. but it just wont take off or move at all. its just static.

what's the issue??

Are you able to fly the regular helicopters in-game? I had a similar problem then discovered to my embarrassment that I was pressing the wrong key :)

Your Mass may be different from the BlackFoot so try upping the liftForceCoef and tweaking the BodyFrictionCoef if that doesnt work.

Your Mass may be different from the BlackFoot so try upping the liftForceCoef and tweaking the BodyFrictionCoef if that doesnt work.

Hey Sw4l thanks for the response. The Blackfoot's liftForceCoef is 1 which would make mine 1. Is that the max? But the BodyFrictionCoef is .5. Maybe I'll try changing that.

I feel like the mass of the Blackfoot my still be more than mine. The Sample heli added to a Mass of 6000. Mine is only like 1500. SO very light weight in comparison to the the Sample transport.

is your geometry lod fully working ? some times thats a problem... and liftforcecoef should be fine on 1 i have tried my helicopter with varied weights it just is the same.. but if you make liftforce coef like .5 itll vary for weight...

but you could not have landcontact points (stuck to ground) geometry lod is broke (not close and convex or weighted)

also in your model.cfg are you inheriting a helicopter ?