Drongo69

Random Displacements (mission building system)

Hi Drongo, one small problem I've encountered is when changing in the start and preferences sqf rdfriendly side to west and rdenemy side to east capturing objectives and mission ending don't work.

Could it be because you have the AAF faction which are independent in the arma 3 editor set as the East faction in your Scripts

---------- Post added at 11:48 ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 ----------

Quick update, setting rdfriendly side to west in the start and preferences sqf I've placed a group of AAF and made Independents are friendly with Blufor in the editor and the scripts run fine, the only problem that remains is if you want to play as the Blufor side

Edited by blackabbot

Blackabbot, could you please upload your mission?

Sorry Drongo as I said in a previous post i hav'nt learned how to upload my missions yet. i am working on that but Just to clarify in the editor i place a game logic and objective marker on the control tower on stratis airport, I lead a Blufor Nato rifle Squad to take the tower, Csat opfor spawn as rdEnemySide and my squad kill them all but no objective captured shows up on screen and the mission does not end, even though i have edited the start and preference sqf in your scipts from rdFriendlySide = West and rdEnemySide = East

By the way i think you do great work for the arma community i hope you will be able to fix this, Thanks

Hi Drongo, Just to let you know i've solved the problem. Looking through your AO v3 Mission generator scripts i noticed you had Blufor as player in the Takistan mission, so i copied the player group sqf from the AO misc folder and pasted it into the RD Misc folder and added nul = [this] execVM "RD\Misc\PlayerGroup.sqf"; into my players init and it works , objectives are captured and the mission ends. theres probably an easier way than this through scripting but this solution works for me,Thanks

I just setup a mission similar to how you described it and I could take the objective. Also the AO scripts use different variable names to RD, so they shouldn't affect each other. I really don't know what is going on.

Anyway, plans for the next release are enemy helicopters. I am also working on a campaign generator system.

Hi Drongo, I owe you an apology for wasting your time , because my scripting knowledge is very limited I did not edit your preference sqf properly.

// What side are the players?

//rdFriendlySide = West;

rdFriendlySide = Resistance;.................I did not change this to West

// What side are the enemies?

rdEnemySide = East;

Your scripts are flawless and work how they should.

Looking forward to your campaign generator system. Thanks again

No worries blackabbot, it can be tough getting started with Arma scripting. Let me know if you have any other questions or problems.

Drongo this looks like a pretty cool set of scripts. I am having some issues though. The enemy spawns as blue force???? I thought I changed the sides in one of the scripts... any suggestions?

The version for download is pretty old and out of date. I have an updated version which I'll upload in the next day or two.

First post updated with version 04. Changes:

• Wide array of bugfixes and enhancements
  • Rewrote objective capturing code
  • Switched to latest version of UPSMON
  • Added Garrison groups
  • Added AFV defend groups
  • Changed soft vehicles to patrol using UPSMON
  • Removed obsolete civilian code due to superior ambient civilian systems being available
  • Added RD\Misc\KillAllEnemy.sqf for debug purposes

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

It depends on how many you choose to spawn, but in general it is very mild and temporary.

First post updated with version 05. Changes:

• Introduced the battle generator system
  • Introduced the campaign system
  • Added the script RD\Misc\GroupPresent.sqf, which allows a player to set the chance (percent) that a group is present ([this,xx] execVM "RD\Misc\GroupPresent.sqf", xx is the chance of presence)

First post updated with version 051. Changes:

• Numerous bugfixes to the campaign system (based on coop testing)
  • Fixed: Clients could not see objective markers
  • Fixed: Mission not ending when all objectives completed

• Like 1