Sign in to follow this  
wuestenkamm

pmc_51km_desert dedicated server

Hey guys,

im running a dedeicated server with ace etc. and until now everything works fine. But now i've tried to run the map pmc_51_km_desert, wich is one of the best maps in my eyes because of its endless trerrain for armored or aircraft missions.

So i've uploaded all nessesary files to my server (im using one from nitrado) aaaaand.... it doesn't work ; )

if i remeber right these are my server configs: @cba;@cba_a2;@cba_co;@cba_oa;@ace_core(?);@acex;@acex_ru;@acex_usnavy@bwmod;@bwmod_ace;(and now the ones i need for the map) @ags;@pmc_terrain_clutter;@pmc_terrain_objects;@pmc_skybox_remove;@pmc_51_km_desert; (im using the last "play with 6" version (1.7 i guess))

but im at work right now, so all i wrote is from my memory and may not be in the right order / right spelling

but now to the main problem:

If i start my server with the settings from above, but without(!!) @ags;, it appears to work, i can choose my map and mission, but as soon as i start the mission, so i would get into the lobby, it gives me a black screen with no error repoert, ill leave the server, join again and end up in the choose ur mission screen and it looks like nothing happend....

abd if im starting with @ags; my server doesn't start correctly or something like this, cause noone can find it anymore

i dont know why this happens, maby i miss some configs or mods or maby my server isnt powerfull enough.

it would be great, if someone see's the the misstake im making, has some soloution or would just upload his server settings/mod list

thanks for now and best regards,

wuestenkamm

Hey guys,

im running a dedeicated server with ace etc. and until now everything works fine. But now i've tried to run the map pmc_51_km_desert, wich is one of the best maps in my eyes because of its endless trerrain for armored or aircraft missions.

So i've uploaded all nessesary files to my server (im using one from nitrado) aaaaand.... it doesn't work ; )

if i remeber right these are my server configs: @cba;@cba_a2;@cba_co;@cba_oa;@ace_core(?);@acex;@acex_ru;@acex_usnavy@bwmod;@bwmod_ace;(and now the ones i need for the map) @ags;@pmc_terrain_clutter;@pmc_terrain_objects;@pmc_skybox_remove;@pmc_51_km_desert; (im using the last "play with 6" version (1.7 i guess))

but im at work right now, so all i wrote is from my memory and may not be in the right order / right spelling

but now to the main problem:

If i start my server with the settings from above, but without(!!) @ags;, it appears to work, i can choose my map and mission, but as soon as i start the mission, so i would get into the lobby, it gives me a black screen with no error repoert, ill leave the server, join again and end up in the choose ur mission screen and it looks like nothing happend....

abd if im starting with @ags; my server doesn't start correctly or something like this, cause noone can find it anymore

i dont know why this happens, maby i miss some configs or mods or maby my server isnt powerfull enough.

it would be great, if someone see's the the misstake im making, has some soloution or would just upload his server settings/mod list

thanks for now and best regards,

wuestenkamm

You need ags_inds and ags_port, if these are causing problems, put the pbo’s from these straight into the island addons folder i.e. @pmc_51km_desert/addons

Also check you have both ags folders/addons.

May help not sure I don’t deal with our server, alien to me.. ;)

Also some other terrains you may want to consider using, good size to very large terrains various types, good performance:

Rugen

Rattler

Al Kfrir Afganistan

Shekhabad Region

Fishmap (unfinished but works o.k.

Sands

Necro

Sbrodjstan

Qom Province

Tora Bora

Aliabad (smaller but still fine)

Esbekistan

Reshmaan Province

Dbo Afghanistan

Tropica

Falklands Scale Test (works o.k. although unfinished i.e. just terrain)

PMC Ulah Yuryakh

Kunar Region

Crowe Dersert Island (smaller but empty)

Huertgenwald

PMC Mogadishu

Chimalpopoca Central Andes

Afghan Valley, Ghor Province

Marenice

Afghanistan Oruzgan Province

Aiaktalik

Fayshkhabur

Helmand Valley

Tut Terrain

SlX Watkins

Nevada Desert

IIha Marrom (WIP)

Some of the above terrains are WIP or simply unfinished and released as is. But they work and are o.k. for MP from what I remember (not played on some for a while now).

Just a small selection of the terrains that may suit, worth a look if you haven’t already done so.

There are some really nice terrains (A2) released but held within groups (not public), some of these will be made publically available and come up this year, now some groups are moving over to A3.

:)

First, thanks for the fast answer!

im going to try it, it'll take some time to upload the pbo's again, my upload speed isn't the best ; )

and, many thanks for naming more maps!!

i just heard/knew a few of them and im verry happy that there are more large maps

i'll write later this day or tomorrow if u fixed my problem and maybe someone else is intrestet too,

until then, with best regards,

wuestenkamm

@cba;@cba_a2;@cba_co;@cba_oa;@ace_core(?);@acex;@a cex_ru;@acex_usnavy@bwmod;@bwmod_ace;(and now the ones i need for the map) @ags;@pmc_terrain_clutter;@pmc_terrain_objects;@pm c_skybox_remove;@pmc_51_km_desert; (im using the last "play with 6" version (1.7 i guess))

Just to add - Do not run @cba;@cba_a2;@cba_co;@cba_oa; all together. If you are using the beta version of OA then load just @CBA_CO. If you are not using the beta version of OA then you need to load @CBA; @CBA_A2; @CBA_OA

@ChrisB, ok now i get a short "Waiting for Host" screen and then i get back to the misson choosing screen. Do you, or someone else, have any further suggestions?

Not without further info .... can you post up your RPT file or put it up on pastebin and link it here? We need to see what error is generated (most likely a missing dependency).

http://pastebin.com/HACNwA6k

i think thats all u need, it's all from the time i started the game at 20:35.

I started the game, klicked on multiplayer, joined my server and voted my map. After the timer finished it just removed the countdown timer.

I hope you know what i mean, my english isn't the best ; )

That looks like your client RPT not the server's.. .sorry I should have mentioned that I need to see your server's RPT file.

ok, this is pretty embrassing, while copying (?) the servers RPT file i noticed that i just forgot a mod : (

im sorry for wasting your time with this and also have to thank you for doing this!

@ChrisB seems like you were right, thanks again

best regards,

wuestenkamm

^ happens to everyone glad it's working now