jshock

Shock's Redressing Script

this seems to have broke it. only the squad leader is spawning with the redress. everyone else is vanilla.

jshock im using EOS as well. i want to try the super-sized trigger. what do i need to put in the trigger exec line?

See if the new update helps any Del,

****UPDATE****

Current Version - 1.15

Previous Version - 1.1

>>Added the option to redress "special" units (AT,AA,CLS) with proper gear (launchers, medikits), based on classname of the unit.

>>Added the option to provide grenades to units.

>>Added a vest array, the same as the other gear arrays given.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (JShock) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note:

since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

this seems to have broke it. only the squad leader is spawning with the redress. everyone else is vanilla.

jshock im using EOS as well. i want to try the super-sized trigger. what do i need to put in the trigger exec line?

And regarding the trigger, I answered this earlier in the thread:

You could just try and trigger encompassing the entire map, without a timeout on it, and have OPFOR present as the condition and the exec line in the activation field and I would think it would work, but I have no idea how taxing this would be on a server, if there were enough people in different areas activating a lot more "squares" or AOs would be worse than a lot of people in one area.

The OPFOR being whatever side you are redressing.

wow dude! great improvement. this is awesome, a great alternative to CAF aggressors. it is really fun to see militia come to life.

another thing i have done is download CSAT reskins and use them with this. changes things around quite a bit.

standby for further feedback.

thanks again jshock.

No thank you Del,

And being in a regiment myself, we are not too much a fan of changing our mod pack around for mods that we could "replicate", in a way, with scripts like these.

Can't wait for feedback on the reskins!

Thanks again Del, good luck with your endevors.

i still need clarification for the trigger when using with EOS.

in the activation drop down i selected Opfor, then set it on repeatedly. I then highlighted the present button. then I put the exec line from the init.sqf in the "on act." box.

is this right?

Yes ^ that is absolutely correct, I do remind you that if there will be large numbers of people this may cause some lag issues while the script is working, but once completed the server should be good to go.

And make sure the trigger area is set to 0, so it does encompass the entire map.

ok, its definitely working with units that were placed on the map. which is great; it essentially means i can download a mission and customize the entire opfor army in in one shot.

however, its not working with EOS (enemy occupation system). they spawn, but dont have the gear from redress. any thoughts?

If you left the init line in init.sqf then remove it then try it. Other than that it may be that EOS is a very enclosed, "private" script in which it doesn't allow for much extra outside interference. I'm not quite sure myself to be honest if nothing works, I may try and reach out to the guys who made EOS unless someone beats me to it, because it seems to be a need.

Other than EOS, what all can anyone think to add in or make better about this script?

Other than EOS, what all can anyone think to add in or make better about this script?

I hope you haven't answered this already, I checked but didn't see anything. But can you maybe like "_weaponarr = [all];" or something. Like it goes trough all weapons and makes it random?

I got it somehow to work on EOS..

I hope you haven't answered this already, I checked but didn't see anything. But can you maybe like "_weaponarr = [all];" or something. Like it goes trough all weapons and makes it random?

I got it somehow to work on EOS..

Try replacing the _weaponarr = []; with:

_weaponarr = getArray(configfile >> "cfgWeapons"); 

Not sure if this would work, but you could try it.

I just put a message into BangaBob, the creator of the EOS script, hopefully he will get back with me :D.

Slam how did you get it to work with eos? For the life of me i cant get going.

I think, following the format of the other arrays, you could figure it out Del, I have faith ;). Don't forget about the removeGoggles _x and the _x addGoggles "" lines.

If you can't figure it out though let me know. I'm just trying increase your scripting experience in the hopes that you can start helping other members if the community, I hope you don't mind.

I think, following the format of the other arrays, you could figure it out Del, I have faith ;). Don't forget about the removeGoggles _x and the _x addGoggles "" lines.

If you can't figure it out though let me know. I'm just trying increase your scripting experience in the hopes that you can start helping other members if the community, I hope you don't mind.

yeah dude i think i can handle it. any luck getting this to work with eos?

I have not received any messages back.

Is there any way to use this to only apply it to a certain unit or group in an event handler for zeus?

this is what I have now, and it seems a bit silly to redress everyone every time I spawn a group.

Should I be using MP Event Handler if the mission is COOP?

Haha, thanks!

CuratorGroupPlaced

Triggered when new group is placed in curator interface.
This handler is supposed to be added to curator module, not player.

curator: Object
   entity: Group

_EHZeus = myCurator addEventHandler [
"CuratorGroupPlaced",
{

null = [EAST, true, "HandGrenade", 3, "SmokeShell", 3] execVM "jsere_Redress.sqf";

}
];

Is there any way to use this to only apply it to a certain unit or group in an event handler for zeus?

this is what I have now, and it seems a bit silly to redress everyone every time I spawn a group.

Should I be using MP Event Handler if the mission is COOP?

Haha, thanks!

CuratorGroupPlaced

Triggered when new group is placed in curator interface.
This handler is supposed to be added to curator module, not player.

curator: Object
   entity: Group

_EHZeus = myCurator addEventHandler [
"CuratorGroupPlaced",
{

null = [EAST, true, "HandGrenade", 3, "SmokeShell", 3] execVM "jsere_Redress.sqf";

}
];

SturmFalkeRDA,

You could easily alter the line below:

if (side _x == _faction) then { _units set [count _units, _x];};

to follow this format:

if (typeOf _x == "UnitType") then { _units set [count _units, _x];};

or if your doing it by group:

if (group _x == "GroupName") then { _units set [count _units, _x];};

in regards to your event handler, I don't have much experience in such matters, so hopefully someone else can help you in that regard.

Hopes this helps!

Could this work with Alive units, it doesn't seem to straight out the box for me at least, anyone else had any luck?

Other than that what a great and simple way to customize the game, it could nearly justify it's own little config thread similar too DAC with different load outs if it ever took off.

I feel that an event handler could handle both Alive and the EOS systems, but as I said I don't have experience enough with such things, I can look into it, but if any of you know someone that knows event handlers well that would be a great help.

Thanks!

I will post my event handler if I get it working.

****EDIT*******

if (group _x == "GroupName") then { _units set [count _units, _x];}; generic error in expression..??

Edited by SturmFalkeRDA

"GroupName" may not be in quotes. If that isn't it you may need to put in a: _group = createGroup EAST;

Then: if (group _x == _group)

If neither of these help, let me know I have an idea, but can only do so much from my phone.