jshock

Shock's Redressing Script

Is there a way to set up load outs for each specific unit type?

I also wanted to say this is a GREAT script, I can't tell you how long i was trying to build one of my own.

Is there a way to set up load outs for each specific unit type?

I also wanted to say this is a GREAT script, I can't tell you how long i was trying to build one of my own.

There is not a specific unit loadout, by classname I assume, except for the "special" units (AT, AA, Medic). You could go in and alter these static loadouts that I have placed in there for these specific unit classnames, if you have enough scripting knowledge, or you could make the separate empty arrays and count arrays for each classname you are looking to redress and then the actual redress function at the end.

But I do not plan on having a loadout specific script section for each unit classname for this particular script, I had something similar to that in the initial release of the script, and the demand was to dress the whole side of Blufor/Opfor/Independents, which has now transferred into needing more of a group based system, not side based, but there just isn't enough demand for a classname by classname specific redressing script.

I don't really have the knowledge to alter your work but I will give it a try. I only ask because I have the loadouts already written down in a separate note file to make the teams equipped with what I want but the script you have makes it all random. I appreciate the speedy response and the great script, if i end up figuring out how to do a class by class loadout setting ill be sure to shoot the credit your way.

Asking advice, If I were to give this a try I could just copy the format you set up for the "special" units and replicate this to the others?

Thanks again!

I don't really have the knowledge to alter your work but I will give it a try. I only ask because I have the loadouts already written down in a separate note file to make the teams equipped with what I want but the script you have makes it all random. I appreciate the speedy response and the great script, if i end up figuring out how to do a class by class loadout setting ill be sure to shoot the credit your way.

Asking advice, If I were to give this a try I could just copy the format you set up for the "special" units and replicate this to the others?

Thanks again!

If the randomization is the only issue I can put together something for you, but to answer your question, yes for each classname it would follow the format of the special units.

I figured out how to do it manually like you were saying. Do you have any advice on using this script with the EOS script? I have all the classes set up the way I want but when I use EOS to populate the map it reverts them back to the way they were before.

You have been a great help already, thank you again.

I figured out how to do it manually like you were saying. Do you have any advice on using this script with the EOS script? I have all the classes set up the way I want but when I use EOS to populate the map it reverts them back to the way they were before.

You have been a great help already, thank you again.

I've been trying to think of a way but just haven't had enough time to sit down and stare at it long enough ;).

I know I have been bombarding you with questions but here is another. Is there a way to add random pre-selected goggles? I used the same format that you used to equip uniforms and backpacks and headgear but it will not work with goggles.

---------- Post added at 15:59 ---------- Previous post was at 15:57 ----------

I've been trying to think of a way but just haven't had enough time to sit down and stare at it long enough ;).

Maybe we can figure something out between the two of us lol.

I know I have been bombarding you with questions but here is another. Is there a way to add random pre-selected goggles? I used the same format that you used to equip uniforms and backpacks and headgear but it will not work with goggles.

---------- Post added at 15:59 ---------- Previous post was at 15:57 ----------

Maybe we can figure something out between the two of us lol.

I always enjoy questions :). And I may add the googles to the main script as well. I have an idea what to do for EOS and the sort, but I'm just not to the point of making and testing it out.

---------- Post added at 18:25 ---------- Previous post was at 18:22 ----------

****UPDATE****

Current Version - 1.17.1

Previous Version - 1.17

>> Added a goggles array for more redressing options.

There is something wrong with your dropbox link or is it just me?

It is fixed now, I kept getting a dropbox error page all the time. But after your post it started to work, so whatever you did, thanks! :)

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (JShock) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Edited by Guest
updated to latest

There is something wrong with your dropbox link or is it just me?

I'm not having any issues with it Foxhound, did you possibly grab it while the file was still re-uploading? Or what seems to be the issue?

Edited by JShock

****UPDATE****

Current Version - 1.2

Previous Version - 1.17.1

>>Added "exclusion" capability of individual or groups of units, so that they are not redressed.

The instructions for script use have also been changed, please reference this to ensure proper utility.

Any issue reports with the newest version, bugs and such with the exclusion feature?

Thank you for this updated version! I can't find any bugs. :)

Edited by [CSLA]LUKI

Awesome script JShock.

Anyone have any profiles they want to share of predefined gear? For example i created a profile to dress people like the CAF addon but gave them extra gear like chest rigs ect to give them a more of a military look for specific mission ideas. If people have spent time on creating different profiles and would like to share that would be great.

Here's an example of mine, pretty bare since i just starting looking and using this yesterday night:

Dropbox

JShock, if anyone does share if you can post it on the front page for visibility? Thanks!

Awesome script JShock.

Anyone have any profiles they want to share of predefined gear? For example i created a profile to dress people like the CAF addon but gave them extra gear like chest rigs ect to give them a more of a military look for specific mission ideas. If people have spent time on creating different profiles and would like to share that would be great.

Here's an example of mine, pretty bare since i just starting looking and using this yesterday night:

Dropbox

JShock, if anyone does share if you can post it on the front page for visibility? Thanks!

Will try my best to keep up with any that come through, yours has been added to the main post.

worked like a charm although I put this on a trigger and it worked for the first units placed and none after. placing units then having to add the code to the int each time is a bit of a hassle so i tried the map sized trigger and like i said it works on the first placement only the other units placed are all wearing the default loadout. I am using independant with them as the activations, present and the null = [true, "HandGrenade", 3, "SmokeShell", 3] execVM "jsere_Redress.sqf"; in the ACT. with no timeout, contion is this with nothing in DEA not sure what i am doing wrong.

worked like a charm although I put this on a trigger and it worked for the first units placed and none after. placing units then having to add the code to the int each time is a bit of a hassle so i tried the map sized trigger and like i said it works on the first placement only the other units placed are all wearing the default loadout. I am using independant with them as the activations, present and the null = [true, "HandGrenade", 3, "SmokeShell", 3] execVM "jsere_Redress.sqf"; in the ACT. with no timeout, contion is this with nothing in DEA not sure what i am doing wrong.

By units placed after, are you spawning them in via another system (i.e. EOS or MCC) or via another script call?

forgive my lack of specifics. I spawn them via zuess, I do use arma mcc sandbox as well but mostly was testing simply with zuess dropping. I did try EOS a bit and was a good script. I have been thinking of picking it back up. I basically have a mars map build so i use the CSAT futuristic outfits and would like to spawn in resistance with the same outfits.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/575651636876937879/78F4BE77E0CB12B6539D15388CCF1A195C9D018C/ (364 kB)

Edited by luciddose

Thanks @JShock

@Luciddose; That looks awesome , is that a WIP that will be shared in the future? I hope so :D

Unless you just happened to forget to set the triger to repeatable, and then it works, great. But I have had numerous requests to make this script work with MCC/Zeus/EOS systems, and I'm still wrapping my brain around it, as well as not really having the time to think too much with work and life in general, so...on that note if setting repeatable doesn't work, I currently don't have a work around other than using a radio trigger or putting the script in some sort of scripted repeat call loop.

Hello whomever may be following this script's progress,

I'm currently in the process of working on a way to get the script to work with the numerous "spawning" systems (i.e. EOS, Zeus, MCC, etc.), but I won't release the script until I can get some testing done with it. I don't currently have a workable version yet, but it will be getting there hopefully soon.

If you are interested in being a beta tester for the next version of the script please private message me here, on the BI Forums.

Well, if you see the timestamp in the above previous post of mine, I said I would have a beta version of this script that could be integrated and working with systems such as EOS/MCC/Zeus etc, over a month ago.

So, sorry for the delay, but I do now currently have a testable version of the script. If you are interested in testing and reporting back issues with the script please PM me on here, if you are interested, however, I do expect that you have some knowledge as to what to look for when testing something, such as does the script work for JIP in a dedicated environment, so if you don't have any clue what I just stated, please don't PM me.

Well, probably over a half a year since I last updated this script, I bring you a new update with the most requested feature (compatibility with spawning systems), detailed below (download link pending Foxhound's fingers :p):

v1.5b(BETA)

>>Added parameter for script support with systems such as MCC/Zeus/EOS/etc. (essentially when units are spawned during mission play time)

>>Script structure (moved to file functions)

>>Added the ability for user to define special unit (AT, AA, Medical) classnames

>>Removed capability to add grenades via the call line (can be altered in the JSHK_Redress\fn_Redress.sqf file)

**Disclaimer: This is a BETA version of this script, it has not been tested dedicated MP, nor for server load, please report any issues here, on the BI Forum thread.**

I apologize for the large amount of time it took me to get this script to this point, but got burnt out on it, and was tired of looking at it, hopefully this update will suffice :p.

Thanks for the headsup about the new version :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (JShock) on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thanks JShock, i tried it with DAC and it works a treat.. I've Been having fun customizing different looks and load outs with the virtual arsenal, No biggie but it would be nice if it could somehow someday work on multiple factions but other than that it's a fun script, cheers :)