jshock

Shock's Redressing Script

Thanks JShock, i tried it with DAC and it works a treat.. I've Been having fun customizing different looks and load outs with the virtual arsenal, No biggie but it would be nice if it could somehow someday work on multiple factions but other than that it's a fun script, cheers :)

Thanks for the report Katipo, your request shouldn't be too hard to implement (I say that :p), will look into it for the next update :).

Thanks JShock, i tried it with DAC and it works a treat.. I've Been having fun customizing different looks and load outs with the virtual arsenal, No biggie but it would be nice if it could somehow someday work on multiple factions but other than that it's a fun script, cheers :)

A quick and dirty solution to try (not yet tested) is maybe running two versions of this on two faction types. So for example, run the original scripts on EAST side for a set of redress. Then copy the scripts and slightly rename the folder/file as needed. And run those on the IND side to dress them as something else.

This can probably be done via triggers too, allowing more control and running it on the same faction but calling different file names...

Just ideas...

Thanks for the report Katipo, your request shouldn't be too hard to implement (I say that :p), will look into it for the next update :).

Haha, great, hope it's not tooo hard!.. A uniform DLC would be worthy of your script just quietly.

@JCae2798 yes I did mess with that, but it needs to be separate at code level as they would somehow 'mix' with each other, probably the variables or something needs to be unique

needs to be separate at code level as they would somehow 'mix' with each other, probably the variables or something needs to be unique

Yea, I think the issue here being that the gear arrays are global in the redressInit.sqf, so when you execute the "new" script for the second side, you overwrite the original arrays, a fix could be to go in and move these global arrays into the fn_Redress.sqf and make them local, then change all the following lines to the new names (this same process would go for the special units as well).

_uniform = JSHK_uniformArr call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
_weapon = JSHK_weaponArr call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
_backpack = JSHK_backpackArr call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
_head = JSHK_headArr call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
_vest = JSHK_vestArr call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
_goggle = JSHK_goggleArr call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;

Hmm, worth a crack, I did half assed attempted something along those lines also, will give another crack with that advise... After work :(

Sweeet!

Hello whomever may be following this script's progress,

I'm currently in the process of working on a way to get the script to work with the numerous "spawning" systems (i.e. EOS, Zeus, MCC, etc.), but I won't release the script until I can get some testing done with it. I don't currently have a workable version yet, but it will be getting there hopefully soon.

If you are interested in being a beta tester for the next version of the script please private message me here, on the BI Forums.

This is awesome, Shock. It would be awesome if this script become compatible with the EOS spawning system. Logic dictates that there should be some universal way to solve the problem of spawning scripts only activating one time, but hell if I know what it is. I hope you do!

We're all looking to you for the solution, Shock! Don't let us down ;).

Edited by InfantryChild

This is awesome, Shock. It would be awesome if this script become compatible with the EOS spawning system. Logic dictates that there should be some universal way to solve the problem of spawning scripts only activating one time, but hell if I know what it is. I hope you do!

Can anyone else confirm this issue?

****UPDATE****

Current Version - 1.5.1

Previous Version - 1.5b

>> Fixed variable name error on special unit arrays in redress process causing script to not work.

Note: Tested with Zeus and EOS with complete compatibility.

Download: Waiting patiently on Foxhound's fast fingers :).

---------- Post added at 17:52 ---------- Previous post was at 17:47 ----------

Thank you for your report as it did lead me to the issue as to why it wasn't working, should be working in full capacity now (hopefully), please report any more issues immediately.

Thanks for sending us the new version :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (JShock) on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

How do I add specific attachments to the random weapons? I would like everyone to have a flashlight but I don't know how. I know there's a command that does this, addPrimaryWeaponItem, but how to implement it in your script I don't know. Do anyone know a way?

How do I add specific attachments to the random weapons? I would like everyone to have a flashlight but I don't know how. I know there's a command that does this, addPrimaryWeaponItem, but how to implement it in your script I don't know. Do anyone know a way?

Go into the fn_Redress.sqf, do a "CTRL + F", type in addWeapon, then under the line that it highlights put in your addPrimaryWeaponItem line, and it should add the flashlight as intended.

Go into the fn_Redress.sqf, do a "CTRL + F", type in addWeapon, then under the line that it highlights put in your addPrimaryWeaponItem line, and it should add the flashlight as intended.

Thank you, that worked.

I studied your script and I managed to make a separate array that should allow for random weapon attachments, one for muzzle, one for rail, and one for sights. It might work... Haven't tried it extensively yet.

Hi JShock,

Firstly, great script - worked as advertised straight away and gives a lot of flexibility when mission making.

Second - is there a way to have the script apply only to certain factions within a side rather than the whole side - ie CSAT within EAST for example?

When spawning using EOS there is an option to spawn by these factions and have different factions from each side fighting alongside each other..

However the script is redressing ALL troops designated EAST when they spawn in.

I would like to spawn redressed CSAT via EOS along with RHS Russians and have them fight against both WEST and INDEPENDENT.

Is it possible to target the script at a specific faction within the SIDE to achieve this?

I have seen the exclusion part of the script, but that would only work on units laid down at mission start and not units spawned in later - correct?

Thanks

I would like to spawn redressed CSAT via EOS along with RHS Russians and have them fight against both WEST and INDEPENDENT.

Is it possible to target the script at a specific faction within the SIDE to achieve this?

So you are wanting to redress the CSAT only, and not the Russians correct?

I have seen the exclusion part of the script, but that would only work on units laid down at mission start and not units spawned in later - correct?

Correct.

So you are wanting to redress the CSAT only, and not the Russians correct?

Correct - or in a similar way be able to choose a faction within any SIDE and restrict the redressing to them only.

Will post an update either today or tomorrow.

****UPDATE****

Current Version - 1.5.2

Previous Version - 1.5.1

>>Added functionality to exclude factions of a certain side (so some factions are/are not redressed).

news_download_a3_3.png

Edited by JShock

Got it - much appreciated.

Looking forward to trying it - I'll let you know how we go.

EDIT - having difficulty getting it to work.

I started a new mission in the editor and left the redressInit untouched.

1. Put down an East unit named indv1 - it was excluded from redress script (spawned in usual gear)

2. Put down an East unit named indv2 - it was also excluded from redress script (spawned in usual gear)

3. Put down an EAST Group with the leader named grp1 - also excluded from redress script (spawned in usual gear)

4. Put down a group of RHS Russian MSV faction troops - all redressed by the script although the faction classname ("rhs_faction_msv") is in the _factionExclusion array.

Also tried using CSAT troops with the faction classname OPF_F - no joy.

Am I doing something incorrectly that you can see?

Edited by Fozz9

This is a very useful script, it would be double useful if it could somehow have the ability redress all default factions like FIA/CSAT/AAF/NATO or even better down to OPF_FIA and BLU_FIA.

Especially with great texture mods like TRYK's http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?182357-TRYK-s-Multi-Play-Uniforms and Ketsucorp.

Anyway thanks for sharing this.

hey getting this error. dont know what its about. any other info i can give?

6:49:07 "Shock's Redressing Script Initialized."
6:49:07 Error in expression <ess,_continuous,_factionExclusion] call JSHK_fnc_Redress;

diag_log "Shock's Red>
6:49:07   Error position: <JSHK_fnc_Redress;

diag_log "Shock's Red>
6:49:07   Error Undefined variable in expression: jshk_fnc_redress
6:49:07 File C:\Users\Andrews\Documents\Arma 3\missions\Escape_From_ALTIS.Altis\JSHK_Redress\redressInit.sqf, line 87

Make sure you have everything setup properly with the description.ext and other such files.

I figured out how to redress multiple factions which is great, it would be great to have an option to be able to redress without messing with the loadouts and equipment, just the ability to swap uniforms, vests, backpacks and headgear.. i get thats out of the scope for this script but it feels like almost but not quite :)

But not this one... :cool:

You sir are legend, that looks like exactly what I'm after, thanks :D