Sign in to follow this  
Wisp

COOP 04 Operation Silverback

LINK

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=234231422

MISSION

A NATO reconnaissance team must capture or kill an AAF commander, then ambush the quick reaction force.

SITUATION

The NATO invasion force led by General Armstrong successfully pushed the AAF out of the Altis Airbase and Pyrgos, forcing their withdrawal to Kavala. NATO's subsequent advance into Agios Dionysios was halted by the AAF Delta Armored Company and Charlie Mechanized Company.

Before commencing a second assault, SACEUR has ordered the deployment of special forces teams to disrupt the enemy supply chain. Hours ago, satellite imagery located Major Costas of the 3rd Support Regiment at a repair station two kilometers west of Syrta. Eliminating Costas would cripple AAF logistical capability, preventing resupply to the frontlines.

INFO

- Rewards stealthy play, but it's by no means necessary.

- Pilot a UAV to support your effort with laser guided bombs.

- Approximately an hour in length.

- No respawns are available, however there are autosave checkpoints.

- Play singleplayer or cooperatively.

SCREENSHOTS

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/711906002236456598/98F026C80C40525691D55DADB23B074BA766D018/

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/711906002234275963/2CD7FAAB8DC6FF4B0D455BCB44497203C5BCA244/

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/711906002234203145/20461B4243F7F4A5ADFBD760A82739F7E274947D/

Edited by Wisp

Sound good! Thanks for making no-respawn missions. Hosted on the CiA server.

Sound good! Thanks for making no-respawn missions. Hosted on the CiA server.

Much appreciated.

I also released a small update.

UPDATE

- Added ORBAT groups.

- Revamped mission markers.

- Slightly tweaked time of day.

- Added black MX rifles.

UPDATE

- Revamped tasks using scripts instead of modules. Should eliminate any weird inconsistencies in multiplayer.

- Updated ORBAT groups.

- Improved some AI behavior.

- Added additional mission briefing information.

UPDATE

- Added text dialogue between characters.

- Revamped mission situation to better make sense with the campaign storyline.

- Updated ORBAT groups and markers.

- Added zone restriction for wandering off.

- Tweaked time of day.

- Fixed broken task.

- Slightly modified establishing shot.

Good, we were too many last night to play it, so we will get to chance to play the updated version.

Any chance to see missions with more player slots from you, Wisp?

Good, we were too many last night to play it, so we will get to chance to play the updated version.

Any chance to see missions with more player slots from you, Wisp?

Yes, actually I'm working on a mission that supports 1-12 players.

Really cool mission. It feels somewhat authentic and is a refreshing relief from the typical "go there, shoot that".

Two minor complaints:

1. Rainy weather and nightmissions don't mix, imho. The rain looks just terrible in night vision.

2. The insertion via helicopter is somewhat infitting. It works well, but this kind of transportation is anything but stealthy. Getting to the destination by HAHO or HALO would be nice ... just an idea. :)

Thanks for the mission!

Really cool mission. It feels somewhat authentic and is a refreshing relief from the typical "go there, shoot that".

Two minor complaints:

1. Rainy weather and nightmissions don't mix, imho. The rain looks just terrible in night vision.

2. The insertion via helicopter is somewhat infitting. It works well, but this kind of transportation is anything but stealthy. Getting to the destination by HAHO or HALO would be nice ... just an idea. :)

Thanks for the mission!

Absolutely this. :thumbsup:

I'm going to remove the rain in an update shortly.

The helo is a stealth helicopter. Theoretically it should be pretty stealthy. If they could get that past Pakistan's radar into Abbottabad, then I think it's well suited for this mission.

Glad to hear you'll remove the rain, we couldn't play the mission with it. Mission looks great, looking forward to playing the new version.

I updated it.

I didn't remove the rain completely. It's significantly reduced, however. Let me know if I didn't go far enough.

Very nice mission, very atmospheric, with a decent amount of enemies to keep us occupied. I liked it very much.

Only thing I would change is have us retreat to the FOB after we're done, but other than that, it was great.

Good mission! Nice atmosphere and setup. Recommended! Looking forward to more missions from you Wisp, like your style. And keep up the no respawn policy! :)

Thoroughly enjoyed this mission. The ORBAT groups, debriefing pic, detailed briefing, it adds a lot to a what would otherwise be another 'kill X, blow up Y'. More please :D

UPDATE

- Updated mission briefing and tasks.

- Moved insertion area to new location.

- Changed starting loadout.

- Made it impossible to kill QRF out of order.

- Reduced rain per player feedback.

- Added lots of objects to AAF base to make it feel more inhabited.

- Changed UAV location.

- Fixed misaligned static object.

- Added fail state for friendly fire.

- Changed end mission music.

- Updated screenshots.

Edited by Wisp