Sign in to follow this  
chondo999

Tpwcas, upsmon, bcombat, asr_ai-which one(s) to use?!!!!

Ok, I would much appreciate it if this question is answered once and for all. There are, to my knowledge, four scripts that affect the AI combat system: TPWCAS, ASR_AI, bCombat, and UPSMON. Can anyone give a recommendation of which one is the best? I am confused and conflicted as to which one to use and which ones can be combined together to get the best results. So, if someone has played with all four of these scripts, I would love to hear your opinion on the matter.

Dunno which one is best but to my understanding here's what they do (I'm sure there is more and/or I'm forgetting something):

TPWCAS - adds the ability to suppress the AI and for players to be suppressed. Also includes a CQB component and a find cover component (I think)

ASR_AI - find cover, adjusts AI group behaviour (comms between AI groups), AI will throw smoke when in distress.. A2 version used to have an AI auto re-arm feature (which was gold) but this does not work yet for A3, function for 1-man group to be disbanded and join another group, group members with injuries preventing them from walking will be removed from group

bCombat - author made the bullet detection portion of TPWCAS for A2.. find cover, AI suppression (no player suppression), smoke throwing, morale and fleeing behaviour... more:

https://github.com/fabrizioT/bCombat

UPSMON - this script is the only one of the four that will spawn AI groups in addition to modifying their behaviour. Features smoke throwing, group behaviour (comms between groups) and re-inforcements.. can't remember if it has a find cover component I don't think so though. Requires some reading and testing of how things work - see the UPSMON documentation for more info:

http://dev.withsix.com/projects/upsmon/wiki

If you are combining AI scripts just make sure the features don't overlap by disabling it on one or the other (ie: find cover)

There's:

tpw_mods (tpw_ebs is of interest, unfortunately tpw_mods is a bundle of unrelated stuff, engine based supression plus ambience, you do your choice via one config file)

tpwcas for a3

bcombat

asr_ai

- I know you can use the tpw_ebs in combination with asr_ai

- use bcombat alone, it covers both - I prefer it

- tpwcas for A3 is pretty new, I have no experience. Is widely used in A2 together with asr_ai.

- upsmon is Ai spawning, not ai behaviour changing (to my knowledge)