Sign in to follow this  
zelectec

Real player loading boat to waste vehicles

So i thought public couldnt get any more shit with teamkilers, trolls and many many other stuff, but i was be proven wrong.

I wont say the name of the player....but i will tell what happened.

A friend of mine setup a new server for our whole group but since it was the first day he let it open and he didnt select anyone else to be admin too. He had to leave since he had to do some stuff in the "realworld" and so we had to play without him and couldnt reach him over steam or whatever.

So we played battlezone on the server.....plenty of normal players connected, enjoyed the teamplay with evacs,extracts and other stuff but then this one player connected.

this is what he did....

1.Spawn.

2.Search for first vehicle close by and get in as driver/pilot

3. Drive into the ao without shooting or anything just let himself getting shot (vehicle destroyed)

4.Died

5.Rinse and repeat

We encountered it was a bot after we teamkilled him atleast 50-60 times since he did allways the same stuff. It was a bot as a realworld gamer. The sole purpose was to destroy as much vehicles as possible and destroy the teamplay.

This for me is the end of ever plkaying again on a public server.....i encountered many trolls which just went into the arty and shot mines into every city on altis to teamkill everyone.

Its sad to see what for an turn the MP took from arma 2 to arma 3.

That's just an idiot player who didn't have a clue what was going on because the server wasnt adminned correctly and he wasnt been controlled.

Not having an admin on a server who is competent to do the job and quick enough to react is bound to get this type of behaviour

Sorry but thats the truth

The answer to public play is not to join a server that isnt administered correctly.

IMO the players who run these servers would do us a big favour and shut them down so that players have less choice for public play, but the servers that are up would then control their behaviour and set the defacto standard which these newcomers would then comply with no matter what server they are on.

its like letting a thief into a goldsmiths without any staff or security guard.

Shut the shop until you can be in it

Edited by Terox

That's just an idiot player who didn't have a clue what was going on because the server wasnt adminned correctly and he wasnt been controlled.

Not having an admin on a server who is competent to do the job and quick enough to react is bound to get this type of behaviour

Sorry but thats the truth

The answer to public play is not to join a server that isnt administered correctly.

IMO the players who run these servers would do us a big favour and shut them down so that players have less choice for public play, but the servers that are up would then control their behaviour and set the defacto standard which these newcomers would then comply with no matter what server they are on.

its like letting a thief into a goldsmiths without any staff or security guard.

Shut the shop until you can be in it

Nope it wasnt a noob player. His first steps after the spawn and what he did in the next minute or so were allways the same except with the different vehicles.

he spawned.....went to the ammobox....went to a vehicle and took off. He watched allways in the same directions....walked the exact same footsteps and never reacted to us actually teamkilling him. we wrote/talked in group/sidechat to him without a reaction.

We teamkilled more then 50 times and were able to see that everything he did was automaticly done and not manually from a player.

Same with his behaviour in the ao.....he drove to the ao with tank/hunters/quads/littlebirds and went out of the vehicles and stayed beside the vehicles.

There was no way he was a actual player. He was and is a bot.

I know about all that with the server was controlled correctly but we couldnt do anything else so that isnt the point. I even told you in the first post the server was just up one single day and the actual admin hadnt time to setup everything correctly to setup other admins or so.

This player was a bot...and i have more then 8 players which can prove that. We teamkilled him 50 times and everytime in a other step to see what he does afterwards and so on.

I dont want this to sounds like a racial argument or so but he was russian, but i wont say his name.

Edited by zelectec

So, from the other side...

So I joined this server the other day. It was uinpassworded and had some players in it, so I thought I'd drop in.

But there was no admin and no teamwork going on so I went to the ammo box and gunned up. I checked the map, found the AO and got in a vehicle and drove there.

But the enemy AI killed me a couple of times. I got no support from the rest of the players, they didn't back me up or support me.

A couple of them messaged me, at least I think it was me they were talking to, they didn't use a language I understand.

There were a lot of vehicles in the base so in the absence of any teamwork or command, I tried a few more times to drive to the AO.

Then they started team killing me! 50 times!

I don't want this to sound like a racial argument, but I don't think they like russians.

So, from the other side...

So I joined this server the other day. It was uinpassworded and had some players in it, so I thought I'd drop in.

But there was no admin and no teamwork going on so I went to the ammo box and gunned up. I checked the map, found the AO and got in a vehicle and drove there.

But the enemy AI killed me a couple of times. I got no support from the rest of the players, they didn't back me up or support me.

A couple of them messaged me, at least I think it was me they were talking to, they didn't use a language I understand.

There were a lot of vehicles in the base so in the absence of any teamwork or command, I tried a few more times to drive to the AO.

Then they started team killing me! 50 times!

I don't want this to sound like a racial argument, but I don't think they like russians.

Man i really dont want to sound like a dick but its really crazy how you argue. Think whatever you want....we tried everything to talk with him or so since im a native german speaker but learned basics of english and russian....

Think whatever you want....but this guy was a bot.

You can try to shift sides as much as you want but it wont help anyhting.

Its even sad to see that you try to blame me when i try to inform the arma community that bots are in the wild to destroy public games.

Sounds like you enjoy wasting of vehicles, destroying everything you can just to destroy the treamplay on the server. Congratz for you and i hope i will never see you on a server.

You really sound like a teamkiller and try to find reason why you can destroy the base. Even when there is a acitve pilot bringing everyone to the ao you find a reason to destroy the vehicles. See your logic here....cause there is none

I hope you stay away from further commenting since you didnt read my post complete or arent able to comprehend what is written in the first post. i was even pilot and took every new player from base to the ao....

So nice how you argue there was no one helping him out since i wrote in my first post that we had a nice teamplay going.

Someone like you got 4000 posts. Sounds like 4000 posts of utter BS

Regarding your shifting of my comment of "he was russian". Its really ncie to see that you are the real fascist here.....why do you think im speaking russian? Cause i dont like them? Yeah.....again your logic.

Edited by zelectec

I'd be extremely suprised if this was a "bot". Even B.I cant get their AI do what this "bot" did... come on

Just because the player was unresponsive doesnt mean anything else than the player didnt have a clue how to use chat / voip etc and the actions seem to be that of a complete newcomers kid to the game

Ban the UserID via BE job done

Edited by Terox

I hope you stay away from further commenting.....

Perhaps if you'd take the time to stop ranting, and reread your own post, you might get my point.

Firstly, this guy wasn't a bot. Get that through your skull. He just wasn't.

Secondly, your behaviour, as related by you doesn't paint you in a good light, nor your more recent replies. You say you had good team play going on, but you don't say this in the first post. That was mostly HE DID THIS BAD STUFF, rather than WE DID THIS GOOD STUFF.

By your own admission, there was no admin present, and you give the impression the server and/or the mission was set up hastily. It's no surprise then that you had players that were inexperienced and didn't play well in the team unit, or were just plain griefers.

Your posting in this thread gives you a rather reactionary and perhaps arrogant air, though that's just as likely to be because this isn't your first language as much as it is you being a dick. I wonder if you communicated as badly in the game as you do here?

Why do I say this? Well, you do seem know a lot about me, which you've extrapolated from one post. I'm a poster of 4.5k posts of bullshit, a vehicle waster, a team killer and a base destroyer. I don't read entire posts. You worked out all this about me and question my logic twice. OK.

All of the above not withstanding, and I don't doubt you are battering your keyboard into submission right now, the guy wasn't a bot. He was, at best, a newbie player who didn't get the help and assistance he needs, or at worst, he's a griefer who spent an evening trolling and baiting you into 50 team kills. In which case, he had a great fun game, by the sound of it.

You seem to have convinced yourself you've found the touchtstone, the pandoras box. You are convinced a bot joined your server and played poorly. It seems no one is going to be able to persuade you otherwise, so I suggest you carry on as before - ranting, finger pointing, abusing those trying to help you and racism against Russians.

Russians are not a Race... thats a Nationality. Now Bots could be in a Race in a very esoteric way....

Just cant believe a Bot would Path find so well in a vehicle. (I mean if it did path find well to the AO)

Russians are not a Race... thats a Nationality.

No, but discrimination against them, would be racism. At least in English speaking world it would be.

---------- Post added at 19:18 ---------- Previous post was at 19:17 ----------

Just cant believe a Bot would Path find so well in a vehicle. (I mean if it did path find well to the AO)

God, I so wish! If this bot did exist, we'd all want the superior pathfinding he displayed in our own servers! :)

It is really funny how you think that you know everything but in reality you wasnt even there were we were when this happened. Yet you think you are a genius whihc can shit on every topic with his useless crap.

I do not even read your posts anymore cause the sole purpose of your comments is to insult me....which just shows me that you arent here for helping others out as i do cause i try to inform the public arma gamers that such bots are in thw wild.

The most stunning thing is that i need to argue with you....

When you would have just a single bit of knowledge you would know it wouldnt even be so difficult to write bots for the specific gamemodes. I could write such bot too....but do i want to? NO cause i do not want to destroy the public gameplay.

So please stay away from further commenting cause you proved again with your second post your posts are all CRAP.

Just try to see it from my side....I try to inform the arma players of such thing and there comes you insulting me, trying to shift sides and acting like gandalf the white with knowledge about everything.

There are cheats with paket-sniffers and so on....so it isnt even a problem to read on the server were the ao is and send my bot there. Since arma is a open game cause its based on VBS i bet its even more easy to read that specific objects out of the mission and send the bot on the way.

I ask myself if you have any social problems? But this topic isnt about you reallife problems mirrored into the BIS forum. NOPE ITS ABOUT A REPORt OF A BOT. so take you shitty attitude elsewhere and stay away from helpfull people cause you arent helpfull. You are a jerk.

Really man what kind of problems you got when you have such a behaviour and attitude. Acting like you know everything even when you wasnt there to witness it and with your comments regarding coding such AI we now know you do not have knowledge about script/functions at all. Yet you try to blame me, try to shift sides and insult me....but allways with the attitude that im wrong and you are allways right. Its stunning....sounds like a real maniac in my world

No, but discrimination against them, would be racism. At least in English speaking world it would be.

---------- Post added at 19:18 ---------- Previous post was at 19:17 ----------

God, I so wish! If this bot did exist, we'd all want the superior pathfinding he displayed in our own servers! :)

So you wanna tell me that what i described sounds like a intelligent AI. What is intelligent in driving a vehicle into the ao and get shot? Every stupid ai in every single game can do that....in arma you can even tell the ai to shot once you are in the AO. Yet this bot wasnt able to do this...See? You do not have any knowledge of scripts/functions and specially pakets-sniffers

For everyone telling me this isnt possible. In every game with more then 2 or 3 cheatdetection modes you are able to sniff pakets to read

1.Where are players

2.Show a radar

3.automatic aiming and much more weirder stuff

As a example you would be able to do this in bf3 even without every beeing dedected, when you wont sell the cheat. Its easy paket-sniffing.....This is possible to do in ARMA too, but since arma is a open-based platform with possiblities of spawning stuff straight into the mission this would be even more easier to read out of the server/mission.

What this bot did wasnt even more advanced as the ai in arma. he never shot once....he only took a kit out of a ammobox and went straight for vehicles, drove into the ao and got shot. There is nothing in this which would be more advanced then the allready existand ai in arma.

In battlezone once you took a ao its showing the new ao and selecting this ao with a marker, at this point i would sniff pakets to see where the ao is. Its so easy to do this

Edited by zelectec

99% sure you can't code a bot and have it join someone's server to do something. It just doesn't work that way. You would have to edit the mission file and script in an AI to do all that stuff, and as far as I know you can't just join a server as a bot and do anything this complex.