Sign in to follow this  
Αplion

ArmA 2 US Helicopters Import to A3

New update v2.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@hafm_helis.png

@ Aplion;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Do i need to have extra addon for this one?

As you can see anyone else has no issue ... that means that the problem is at your end mate ...

Are you using Stable or Dev branch in A3 ?

i have been trying for a while now to even get it to work. for some reason i cant see any of the choppers. i have installed it in my Arma 3 folder and ofc made a new folder named "A2 choppers" and another in that folder "Addons" and putted the files into there. and made arma 3 to start up with that mod but still no choppers. what do i do wrong? have tryid stable and dev version of arma 3 same issue.

Thanks for your time and effort Into porting/fixing these man! My Arma group appreciates It!

Ziped, they are in they are in

Faccion OTAN

class US Helicopters

DOOH! right infront of my eyes ohh well. thank you champ =)

Thnx

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC One X+ met Tapatalk

aplion little bug founded, the apache and the viper , doesent have the trigger alarm for aa misiles and in the other way also , when targeting a land unit , doesent spot any kind of alarm , when targeting and when the misile is on the air , so makes the flares little useles without any advise of threats, the point of the hueys that ive told u cant be reproduced again , so maybe was corrupted data by my way , we where testing ur mod 5 persons and to all happens the same

Edit , tested more acuratelly this one

with a chettah for example , i can aim the choppers(viper and apache) with aa misile , and when the misile is in the air , the trigger pops in the chopper radar , in the other way no , if he target me with a hellfire , and the misile is in the air , no trigger activation on the land unit , this could be a trouble with the weapons of the choppers i think

edi2 , the chinox have an issue with that , the visual trigger on the radar pops up , the sound trigger dont work in the ch47

visual bug in the gunner pos of the chinox , bad center point of the rotatory canon , it round in bad axis

the resize of the ch-47 make them Full compatibilitty with this addon http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?173483-LIFTER-for-ArmA-3

arma3 lifter works perfect now with the ch47 ( with the exception that the panel of the lifter dindt work and before yes , maybe u use a new tga for the new cockpit , i dont know , i will talk to raven also )

UH1Y , Work perfect , aural and visual warning ,correct

The other huey works perfect , visual and aural warning works

uh-60 works correct

flares have maybe a little more chance to get hit by the missiles than in vanilla choppers

its all the strange i found over there , the chinox flares the best in the test , the harder to get hit

The test was performed using cba mod last version and the arma 3 lifter

I send today a post to igi , to make the ch-47 compatible with the igiload script , lets hope he thinks the same

very good job applion , nice fix , but some issues still , tell me if u are not able to reproduce those issues .

Edited by Crazy_Pilot

There seems to be an issue with the black hawk rotor LOD as if you are looking at them more than 100 metres away the rotors look as if they are not moving.

Great work tho, its nice to have "real" choppers back in the game.

Thanks for the feedback so far guys ... I'm taking notes on these bugs ;)

love the new tracers they look EPIC with the blastcore tracer mod, Also do you plan to add warning sounds to the other helicopters for when the engines are damaged, the chinook already has one.

also the chinook minigun is spinng weirdly

Edited by Rages123

aplion little bug founded, the apache and the viper , doesent have the trigger alarm for aa misiles and in the other way also , when targeting a land unit , doesent spot any kind of alarm , when targeting and when the misile is on the air , so makes the flares little useles without any advise of threats, the point of the hueys that ive told u cant be reproduced again , so maybe was corrupted data by my way , we where testing ur mod 5 persons and to all happens the same

Edit , tested more acuratelly this one

with a chettah for example , i can aim the choppers(viper and apache) with aa misile , and when the misile is in the air , the trigger pops in the chopper radar , in the other way no , if he target me with a hellfire , and the misile is in the air , no trigger activation on the land unit , this could be a trouble with the weapons of the choppers i think

edi2 , the chinox have an issue with that , the visual trigger on the radar pops up , the sound trigger dont work in the ch47

visual bug in the gunner pos of the chinox , bad center point of the rotatory canon , it round in bad axis

the resize of the ch-47 make them Full compatibilitty with this addon http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?173483-LIFTER-for-ArmA-3

arma3 lifter works perfect now with the ch47 ( with the exception that the panel of the lifter dindt work and before yes , maybe u use a new tga for the new cockpit , i dont know , i will talk to raven also )

UH1Y , Work perfect , aural and visual warning ,correct

The other huey works perfect , visual and aural warning works

uh-60 works correct

flares have maybe a little more chance to get hit by the missiles than in vanilla choppers

its all the strange i found over there , the chinox flares the best in the test , the harder to get hit

The test was performed using cba mod last version and the arma 3 lifter

I send today a post to igi , to make the ch-47 compatible with the igiload script , lets hope he thinks the same

very good job applion , nice fix , but some issues still , tell me if u are not able to reproduce those issues .

Well I've tried what you said ... as follows ...

First I've placed an AH1Z on the air with myself as pilot and an OPFOR AI with AA on ground ... the AI shot on me and I had visual (HUD) and aural warnings. I've made the same test as above using all my helis ... no issue.

Then I did the opposite ... (tested with all my helis again) I was on ground and the heli was flying (moving not still on air) ... all helis was locked fine and used their flares ... so no issue also.

I've made a check using the Cheetah ... I was gunner in Cheetah and my helis commenced missile fire on me ... I took only visual but not aural warning (probably some Cheetah issue not mine).

Finally as Cheetah gunner I'v tried to lock and fire on my helis ... both visual and aural warnings was fine ... no issue.

About Chinook you are right ... only visual warning and not aural ... I'll try to fix that.

Flares ... I'm using default A3 ones and I haven't made any change on these.

@pravania ... you are right about blackhawn rotor issue ... will be fixed asap.

sorry mate , maybe u missunderstood (or i explained myself very bad ) caused of the massive edit , and sorry for that , i was editing during the test , and taking note of all that i see ,

all choopers warning was good the bugs are the next

ch47- no aural only visual

ch47 , gunner pos bad geometric pos of the rotatory canon

Bug in land or air targeting

when any of the attack choppers of the pack , target a land unit and shoot, no aural no visual warning in the land unit ( i think the game dont recognize the hells or the sidewinder )

same bug other view

try the next , 1 guy in the viper , 1 guy in the apache ( or in all vanilla choppers ) , same , target the apache ( or the vanilla choppers)with sidewinders from the viper , no aural no visual warnings in the sidewinder ( or hellfire ) target

flares no idea indeed , maybe its only a bad feeling from me xD

Old Issues

uh-60 , sometimes the rotor animation stops ( sometimes)

we were runing ur addon alone like .... dont know 3 hours ? works perfect and my guys report those thing and i check it with my own eyes so thats it

( and thx for the resize of the chinoxx , the arma3 lifter addon works perfect in the chinox now )

If i didnt explain myself now like a indian ( as i said i was writing while playing and i forget to edit to complete the post and when i tried was locked xD)u should take note

Edited by Crazy_Pilot

sorry mate , maybe u missunderstood (or i explained myself very bad ) caused of the massive edit , and sorry for that , i was editing during the test , and taking note of all that i see ,

all choopers warning was good the bugs are the next

ch47- no aural only visual

ch47 , gunner pos bad geometric pos of the rotatory canon

Bug in land or air targeting

when any of the attack choppers of the pack , target a land unit and shoot, no aural no visual warning in the land unit ( i think the game dont recognize the hells or the sidewinder )

same bug other view

try the next , 1 guy in the viper , 1 guy in the apache ( or in all vanilla choppers ) , same , target the apache ( or the vanilla choppers)with sidewinders from the viper , no aural no visual warnings in the sidewinder ( or hellfire ) target

flares no idea indeed , maybe its only a bad feeling from me xD

Old Issues

uh-60 , sometimes the rotor animation stops ( sometimes)

we were runing ur addon alone like .... dont know 3 hours ? works perfect and my guys report those thing and i check it with my own eyes so thats it

( and thx for the resize of the chinoxx , the arma3 lifter addon works perfect in the chinox now )

If i didnt explain myself now like a indian ( as i said i was writing while playing and i forget to edit to complete the post and when i tried was locked xD)u should take note

ok mate it is more understandable now :)

I've the problems reproduced and I'm working to fix them ... thanks for constructive feedback.

---------- Post added at 12:53 ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 ----------

EDIT : All above issues are now fixed ...

Edited by Aplion

No dude , thx a lot for the support , most imports have lots of bugs and modders dont care about it , its good to have a good pack of helicopters fully operational !

other thing need minor fixe , if u could give some more brightness to the panels of the cabin , they seems very dark in comparison between the vanilla of a3 ( those are details , the hard work is done aplion xD )

Personal request , a second version of the chinoxx painted in grey ( for maritime misions , we had it for use of our comunitty and its quite cool , the same grey as viper or venom )

and other thing , igi has released the new verion compatible with ch-47

http://www.igipl.net/en/arma3/igiload-script

im gonna se if its work with this one

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24682

Changelog:

New: IL_Para_Jump_ATL - Separated parachute jump altitude.

New: IL_Can_Inside - Disable loading for driver, pilot and co-pilot.

New: New vehicles: "caf_HLVW_open_AR", "caf_HLVW_open", "caf_HLVW_covered_ar", "caf_HLVW_covered", "CH_147F", "CH47F", "CH49_Mohawk_FG"

New: New cargoes: "JTF2_Offroad_armed_01", "CAF_Quadbike_OD", "CAF_Quadbike_AR", "rc_hmmwv", "HMMWV2", "HMMWV_M1035", "M1114_AGS_ACR", "HMMWV_M1151_M2", "HMMWV2_M2", "HMMWV2_MK19", "HMMWV2_TOW", "HMMWV", "HMMWV_M2", "HMMWV_MK19", "HMMWV_TOW"

Change: If you have a parachute you do not get a second. Parachute, which you have, you have to open yourself.

Fix: Damage during parachute jump.

Fix: Bad color of smoke and chemical lights for vehicles.

Edit: tested , igiload works perfect in the chinox of ur pack , jajaja enjoyyyyy

Edited by Crazy_Pilot

No dude , thx a lot for the support , most imports have lots of bugs and modders dont care about it , its good to have a good pack of helicopters fully operational !

other thing need minor fixe , if u could give some more brightness to the panels of the cabin , they seems very dark in comparison between the vanilla of a3 ( those are details , the hard work is done aplion xD )

Personal request , a second version of the chinoxx painted in grey ( for maritime misions , we had it for use of our comunitty and its quite cool , the same grey as viper or venom )

and other thing , igi has released the new verion compatible with ch-47

http://www.igipl.net/en/arma3/igiload-script

im gonna se if its work with this one

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24682

Edit: tested , igiload works perfect in the chinox of ur pack , jajaja enjoyyyyy

Mate sorry but I'm not touching the textures (yet) so I can't fullfill such request (about brightness) ... and about retextures ... these models have hiddentextures selections so anyone is able to apply his texture easily I believe.

Soon I'm planning to release the final (I hope) version with all issues corrected.

Edited by Aplion

same , so , and no problem , as i say we change it for personal use at our comunitty , check ur pm and thx for ur time

So a couple little issues.

Shadows are partly missing on the Apache if you view your own shadow from inside the cockpit - from outside it looks fine.

If I have an AI gunner and target anything other than an enemy (say a friendly vehicle or unit), he won't lock. He'll target just fine, but I'm unable to get a lock. I experience no such issues with the vanilla choppers.

Anyway, thanks for all the great work so far

Hello, thanks for this it's great. My issue is when I radio in a virtual cas strike the choppers just drop out of the sky and explode, all of them. Can this issue be resolved and thanks again.

Are you planning on adding the little bird's, probably doesn't make to much sense since their already in arma3

Are you planning on adding the little bird's, probably doesn't make to much sense since their already in arma3

So ... why you mention that ?

Anyway ... as you said ... already in ArmA 3 ...

Eh i kinda prefer the A2 variants, the green little bird doesnt do it for me really, and the arma3 little birds look too sleek.

Update v3

Probably the last update for this mod as the most of reported issues have been fixed and just for few might still remain I'm unable to reproduce them - so I can't make anything more about.

Changelog:

- Visual & aural locking warnings FIXED
- Hellfires crosshair CHANGED
- Air to Ground locking issue FIXED
- Air to Air locking issue FIXED
- UH60 rotor animation issue FIXED
- Chinook minigun rotation issue FIXED
- Hydra rockets fire rate changed (1 by 1)
- Some other minor details 

Note: This version completely replaces all previous files. Also first post links are updated.

Primary Download Link : http://www.mediafire.com/download/5we6lvfh77ud6cd/HAFM_ArmA2_Helis_Final_v3.rar

HAFM Server Key Download Link : http://www.mediafire.com/download/ujbcbdcb8qii8vs/HAFM_Server_Key.rar

Armaholic Link : http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24845

Edited by Aplion

Thanks a lot for the headsup mate :cool:

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!