Sign in to follow this  
AlphaObeisance

=BTC= Revive missing SQF issue

So I've been nosing around trying to find a post relating this, but I'm not having much luck. Though I've found a ton of BTC revive threads, they've all had dead end answers, if any answers at all.

BTC Revive works, but there is no respawn option for those who'd rather not wait.

I get an error every time I load the mission that says the following.

"Script

functions\controls\fn_respawn_button.sqf

not found"

I've searched high and low for that path, and even redownloaded BTC Revive just to make sure I didn't accidentally delete some folder or the sqf. But I have everything that comes with the download, and there is no functions folder, controls folder, or fn_respawn_button.sqf to be found. I searched the functions.sqf and can't find anything regarding a respawn button sqf either.

I apologize if this is a simple fix. But obviously I'm new to the whole scripting and addon thing. So I appreciate your patience and assistance.

Thanks.

Your best bet is to ask in the main BTC script thread.. if you've already re-downloaded the files, etc not sure how to help otherwise.

Simply cause it's not part of BTC revive. Probably u're using a modified version of my script

Simply cause it's not part of BTC revive. Probably u're using a modified version of my script

I actually downloaded directly from the BTC thread =(. I even checked all your works to make sure I was getting an authentic DL and its the same page that I had downloaded from previously. And I don't know much about scripting, so haven't even attempted to modify the file.

EDIT: Yes, I just re-downloaded everything directly from your page and I still get the error. I've changed nothing. Suggestions?

Edited by D3l1v3ryb01

Are you sure it's related to =BTC= Revive? Someone mentioned the same error in the Virtual Vehicle Spawner topic. If you are using that script system as well, make sure you are using the latest version (v0.3).

Are you sure it's related to =BTC= Revive? Someone mentioned the same error in the Virtual Vehicle Spawner topic. If you are using that script system as well, make sure you are using the latest version (v0.3).

I wish that were the case cuz that would mean I'm getting closer to resolution lol. Currently I'm only running the VAS system. Which I suppose could be the problem, I just didn't figure an ammo box system would have anything to do with respawn. I appreciate ya'lls responses! I published the mission on the workshop two days ago and had to take BTC off to get the error to stop that same day. Would like to get it operational stat because the mission really calls for it.

EDIT: I do believe its a VAS issue but I still can't find a resolution. I found a folder containing a ton of fn_name.sqf's but there is no "fn_respawn_button.sqf". So I'm 100% sure that's the issue. I apologize for the confusion. Still trying to get the hang of all this

Edited by D3l1v3ryb01

Can you link to the mission file?

Sure, I've linked below. It can also be found on the steam workshop under "Section:8", but that version currently has no BTC files and should operate properly without any errors. The loadscreen.jpg also is having some issues, but that's the least of my concerns atm. Hope this helps.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/srkuqwpdgdjwtkj/QS7DP8GrC2

Really bizarre. I can't find any instance of "fn_respawn_button.sqf" being called, much less any instance of the term "fn_respawn_button" in any of my Arma 3 files. The only hits on the term I can find on the internet are this topic and the VVS topic I mentioned above.

Regarding your load screen, I converted it to a .paa file for you:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/61752237/loadscreen.paa

Make sure to edit line 8 in your description.ext:

loadScreen = "loadscreen.paa";

Really bizarre. I can't find any instance of "fn_respawn_button.sqf" being called, much less any instance of the term "fn_respawn_button" in any of my Arma 3 files. The only hits on the term I can find on the internet are this topic and the VVS topic I mentioned above.

Regarding your load screen, I converted it to a .paa file for you:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/61752237/loadscreen.paa

Make sure to edit line 8 in your description.ext:

loadScreen = "loadscreen.paa";

Thank you so much Harzach! I guess I'll just try to find a different revive script =(. I'm a big fan of BTC Revive. I just don't know if my mission would take a hit if I forced players to wait for revive or time out. Do you have any thoughts regarding this? It is a MP mission, so its not like anyone would be playing solo (I don't think), so maybe it wouldn't be that bad of a move.

Thank you so much Harzach! I guess I'll just try to find a different revive script =(. I'm a big fan of BTC Revive. I just don't know if my mission would take a hit if I forced players to wait for revive or time out. Do you have any thoughts regarding this? It is a MP mission, so its not like anyone would be playing solo (I don't think), so maybe it wouldn't be that bad of a move.

No problem! Although I was wrong about using .paa format for loadscreen.

With BTC Revive, you always have the option to "give up" and respawn, so it shouldn't deter anyone from playing. It's a very popular script, used in just about every popular mission out there.

That said, I figured out the problem. I wasn't looking at the big picture, and missed the fact that you weren't initializing BTC Revive correctly.

I cleaned up/tweaked your init.sqf and description.ext, and everything - loadscreen, revive, etc. - seems to be working well:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/61752237/Stratis%3DITO%3D.Stratis.zip

Edited by Harzach

No problem! Although I was wrong about using .paa format for loadscreen.

With BTC Revive, you always have the option to "give up" and respawn, so it shouldn't deter anyone from playing. It's a very popular script, used in just about every popular mission out there.

That said, I figured out the problem. I wasn't looking at the big picture, and missed the fact that you weren't initializing BTC Revive correctly.

I cleaned up/tweaked your init.sqf and description.ext, and everything - loadscreen, revive, etc. - seems to be working well:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/61752237/Stratis%3DITO%3D.Stratis.zip

You're awesome man!

i want to ask,i have install arma 3,while im installing the game,the installer show addon structures_f.pbo cannot install,then i ignore the pop up,in the game,i cannot open the door,can anyone fix this?

thnk you.