Sign in to follow this  
atroublestarter

Development stopped?

Like the title says. It's been months and months now, and patch 1.7 is STILL in beta. The forums are dead. Has BI stopped patching and hoped that no one notices?

I think it's important not to read anything into the situation. Of course people will speculate. But the outcome can often be surprising. I check here every couple days to see what's up. I'm going to finish a strategy game tonight and start another fairly soon. I do look forward to whatever comes in the future though...just like anyone else.

I'm still waiting on that model converter so I can do a full mod.

It's really nice to see further work being done on this excellent game. My thanks to the developers.

Anyone who has bought the game recently, I recomend you try some of the very good mods, they allow you to adjust things to your preference.

I'm playing through a strategy game with the latest patch. The carrier behavior has definitely changed and is more aggressive. The enemy islands are also harder to defeat. I don't mean their rating has increased...I mean the rating itself seems to be a bit stiffer to overcome. Something else, too...I see Mantas sitting on the ground now and not flying until you attack or come within range of them. I used to arrive at islands and they would all be circling around in the sky.