Nashable

Faction specific Zeus

Hi there,

I'm currently in the early design stages of a new type of game mode using the Zeus tech. Part of the design is around faction specific Zeus' (or more specifically, each Zeus only able to see/edit the items that they spawn).

Does anyone know if that is A) possible with the current tech? and B) If so, how would I set that up? I've been trying some things in the editor but can't seem to see an option to restrict editing/viewing to specific units/factions.

Thanks,

Nash

Check out "ZSC 32+2 Control Edessa", this MP mission is specifically based on "Zeus vs. Zeus" play -- although the camera isn't restricted, spawning units and stuff is limited to their side's "uncapturable" starting position as well as sectors controlled by their side.

There are Zeus Units that already belong to a faction, but that only disables you to set respawns of any hostile faction. You still place hostile AI etc.

But I think that would be possible to do that, by some lines of script :)

You can see the example of how to control which options are open to Zeus in the initserver.sqf file. What I'm looking for is the ability to hide/restrict what can be seen/edited by Zeus' I'll check out Chortles tip, hopefully there is a setting or piece of script I overlooked.

Why not also read Moricky's documentation?

EDIT: Important note if you use "ZSC 32+2 Control Edessa" as an example; it limits object placement but not Module placement, so each side's Zeus can also act as de facto fire support by using the Ordnance module(s)... although each use thereof depletes something like 40% of a full Resource meter.

Edited by Chortles

You can see the example of how to control which options are open to Zeus in the initserver.sqf file. What I'm looking for is the ability to hide/restrict what can be seen/edited by Zeus' I'll check out Chortles tip, hopefully there is a setting or piece of script I overlooked.

I don't think hiding units by faction/knowsabout/etc. is easily possible at the moment. However, many of us would love support for that. I believe you can only easily restrict camera xyz and editable area ATM. We might be able to use BIS_fnc_Add(Remove)CuratorIcon or BIS_fnc_setCuratorAttributes to manage that but there's currently no info on em in the wiki. I'm probably wrong though.

Edited by IconoclastDX

I don't think hiding units by faction/knowsabout/etc. is easily possible at the moment. However, many of us would love support for that. I believe you can only easily restrict camera xyz and editable area ATM. We might be able to use BIS_fnc_Add(Remove)CuratorIcon or BIS_fnc_setCuratorAttributes to manage that but there's currently no info on em in the wiki. I'm probably wrong though.

Actually to get the effect I was looking for it seems to be quite simple. I do need to do some live testing with another player, once I'm sure I have a method I'll post it back here for people to utilize.

Hello everyone,

I worked out how to make a faction specific Zeus singleplayer mission, I didn't want to make a video tutorial so I made a little demo mission.

This mission only covers setting up for a BLUFOR Zeus, just duplicate it for other factions.

If you want to set up a parameter for choosing a faction then you just make your other Zeus units playable and use selectPlayer to choose which Zeus and the modules in this demo mission have to be duplicated for each faction.

Anyway if you have any questions about that just pm me and I will try and help.

faction specific Zeus singleplayer mission.

Cheers.

Edited by PartyHead

Hello everyone,

I worked out how to make a faction specific Zeus singleplayer mission, I didn't want to make a video tutorial so I made a little demo mission.

This mission only covers setting up for a BLUFOR Zeus, just duplicate it for other factions.

If you want to set up a parameter for choosing a faction then you just make your other Zeus units playable and use selectPlayer to choose which Zeus and the modules in this demo mission have to be duplicated for each faction.

Anyway if you have any questions about that just pm me and I will try and help.

faction specific Zeus singleplayer mission.

Cheers.

"The file you're looking for has been deleted or moved."

Can you re-upload this file?

There is now a module that lets you choose from wich side Zeus can spawn units.

On 4/13/2014 at 11:15 AM, ltsthomas said:

There is now a module that lets you choose from wich side Zeus can spawn units.

can you please state the name of the module?