Spartan0536

ArmA III Ballistics Overhaul WIP

Would you use this ballistic code in your mod?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Would you use this ballistic code in your mod?

• Yes
    • Not Sure, perhaps you could site your findings more in depth
    • No

Hello everyone,

It's been quite a while since I have last posted here. I have been doing some ballistics work for ArmA III over the years, most of it is just behind the scenes primarily with the NIArms team which is a fantastic group. My work on Ballistics in ArmA III will likely continue to be more "behind the scenes" as I reach out to other developers of mods and offer my ballistics code to them.

Right now I am finalizing 30-06 Springfield which comes with 5 different rounds, 3 of which are US Military Designated, and 2 that are modern day civilian handloads that follow all proper handloading guidelines. I also am finishing up 6.8x51 Common Cartridge aka .277 Fury which is what the US Military selected as its next gen caliber to serve with its XM7 rifle, the XM250 Machine Gun, and likely future marksman/sniper weapons systems as they are developed, tested, and approved. The 6.8x51 is just a single round, it's the official US Military one which is an EPR style bullet, the information I have on it comes from an unverified source but they did manage to get their hands on a few rounds of it and "test" it so it's the best info I have to go on right now.

I hope everyone has been doing well these past few years, and thanks for all the support over the years, I really appreciate it!

• Like 2