Sign in to follow this  
shot

Disappointed after 13 years of 'Arma'

'Fire' the AI will wait for you to shoot before firing, useful for ambushes where you assign targets. 'Open fire' is basically weapons free.

'Fire' the AI will wait for you to shoot before firing, useful for ambushes where you assign targets. 'Open fire' is basically weapons free.
And that right there is what needs some sort of restructuring or immediate clarification in-game (even if it's just to rename "Fire"), if not outright removal of the former.

Sometimes I do wish that CM didn´t fuck up Red Dragon so much. Maybe BIS would deliver better work if they had a direct competitor. OA was full of new things and features from VBS! My believe is that we only go those because Red Dragon was looming on the horizon and BIS knew they had to bring some serious improvements if they want to stay #1 in this genre.

The real shame is that they didn't support Dragon Rising like they said they would. They almost hit then nail right on the head with that game, they just gave up before they were done swinging the hammer.

This could very easily lead to a really bloated UI. I'd much rather they just document the functions in the game manual. People not quite knowing what the AI commands do is a theme dating all the way back to OFP. Then again, documentation is a lot better now then it was back then.

But, really, there are just a lot of commands that do very similar things, and could easily stand to be removed. Even if you do want to use the advance and flanking commands, they could at least be nested deeper into the move menu -- or, more reasonably, the formation menu.

I think it would save a lot of space if you had a set up like: Formation -> Column -> Column, Staggered Column, File; and Formation -> Echeleon -> Left, Right. It requires more key presses, but it would mean not having to shift my hand all the way over to my 9 key to order my troops, which I think in the long run would make giving orders faster and more intuitive.

Can always toggle on/off many UI elements. No problem here. Except BIS taking on A4 UI overhaul sometime soon.

The funny thing is, I made my own scenario. There's just a simple part, first AI on Slammer of course as NATO, it's about four Slammer's waiting for trigger from OPFOR present's. The second one is, about three transport truck's and fire team's in it same as the Slammer, waiting the trigger from OPFOR and I came first to the gathered point and waited these back up to come.

What a surprise, when I was get to the gathered point, there are the Slammer's and I asked to my self..."What the heck, you guys supposed to wait until I attacked the OPFOR base and they chased me and then you guys came and help me as backup". "Puffff...alright...and where's the truck with fire team...man..what happened".

Then I was investigate why the fire team or the truck not came. So I take a ride, and "WOOOOW....the truck has lost the front tires and it moving like a snail, what happened guys..."

So I tested became a fire team member that ride the truck, and the conclusion is the first truck is crashed the fence's wall and the second truck hit's the back of the first truck and the third tried to take another way because the main road was blocked by the both truck's aaaand...the third truck was stuck hit a house and can't move at all.

This is very annoying, I've changed the scenario and placed all the trucks further distances between them, and only one truck made it, the others same like the first scenario. Soooo...I've changed the truck to helicopter. And guess what, the helicopter didn't unload the fire team, they attacked the OPFOR chopper that parked behind OPFOR backyards. Flew...around..and around...

So I placed the helipad further away from OPFOR backyards, yes it unload the fire team. But take a long time for the fire team to reached the gathered point, because they walked.

This is some stress full game...weeew...but there it is...ARMA 3...Enjoyed...:yay::yay::yay:

Edited by cubluwt