Sign in to follow this  
WhiskeySixx

I gots to know, top mods

Hello everyone,

I was just wanting to get on the same page as everyone else. All im asking for is two small lists. #1 Top 4-5 Mods that play well together #2 Top 4-5 mods that are just great and are a must have.

It's a kind of controversial question..

It really depends on "What you wanna do" with those.

For Single player or COOP?

How much hardcore you want your game?

What aspects you want to emphasize more?

Generic mods that generally improve vanilla without "complicating" things are mods

who improve Visual//Audio sections as..Sound mods-Effects mods-Alternate ground texture mods etc..

(*also your question i believe it better belongs on this section :) )

Edited by GiorgyGR

It varies entirely on personal preference, mate. To help you make up your mind, you can visit the Armaholic downloads section which contains every ArmA 1/2/3 mod released so far.

www.armaholic.com

Hello everyone,

I was just wanting to get on the same page as everyone else. All im asking for is two small lists. #1 Top 4-5 Mods that play well together #2 Top 4-5 mods that are just great and are a must have.

You have got to be kidding. Download them all, then YOU make that judgement. Lazy git!

You have got to be kidding. Download them all, then YOU make that judgement. Lazy git!

It's to help get a general reference to the specific mods which people use most, and those that the majority enjoy that could possibly hold similar to the interests of the person who posted.

Being abrupt about it isn't exactly helping the situation, nor does it bode well for representing your character as a whole.

Not everyone has the time, nor bandwidth as an example to "Download them all". General guidelines are well and good and could provide the information needed to this specific user. Getting a general idea and downloading those and trying them so you can jump straight in is a lot more viable than wasting what free time they do have, going through hundreds or even thousands of individual mods and missions just to find one that the person in question likes.

It's to help get a general reference to the specific mods which people use most, and those that the majority enjoy that could possibly hold similar to the interests of the person who posted.

Being abrupt about it isn't exactly helping the situation, nor does it bode well for representing your character as a whole.

Not everyone has the time, nor bandwidth as an example to "Download them all". General guidelines are well and good and could provide the information needed to this specific user. Getting a general idea and downloading those and trying them so you can jump straight in is a lot more viable than wasting what free time they do have, going through hundreds or even thousands of individual mods and missions just to find one that the person in question likes.

Maybe posting such questions in the correct place might help next time.

Heres my trick: on Armaholic, sort the mods out by their number of hits in an increasing manner. These are the mods you're missing out on.

tpks.jpg

True - The guy just want some help.

But as some above stated Mods are a very personal choice, but I'll give it a go with what my Clan uses.

Sound: JSRS (You can also go for Speed of Sound), but we also used JSRS in A2, so thats what we are going with.

Graphic effects: Blastcore_A3

Weapons: Here are alot of choices, but we use r3f_armes at the moment.

Planes: FA-18_A3, JS_JC_SU35 and Peral A-10C.

Infantry: sthud_a3, Compassfix

UAV: RQ_11_Raven_AB_A3

Factions/vehicles: African_Conflict.

Maps: Here we are waiting on Icebreakr :)

AI improvements: We haven't decided yet.

For them to work you also need CBA_A3.

Some of the Mods im keeping an eye on is: A-130x, A3MP, CJM, Drogoartillery, realarmor and I could go on...

//Mø

Edited by Skjoldmo

Want to know which mods are most popular, check out which ones are at the top of the complete thread. Try them out and see.

Your list is a good start Whiskysixx, but I'm not going to belittle people's work by saying X is better than Y.

Someone gotta make you Moderator, dude!!!! :D

LJ