Sign in to follow this  
sgtsev3n

visitor for arma 3: what are your wishes?

what do you want to see in visitors 4 ?

i would love to have:

- 4096 support ( in arma 2 there was a object bug with that resolution. would love to see it fixed in v4)

- heavly increased / unlimited amount of placeable objects without visitor crash. (in arma 2 the max amount of objects was 5 million, everything above lead to buldozer crash. would love to see that fixed too so we can decide by ourself how much objects we want to place on our terrain. if its 4 million or 18 million objects)

Since half a year or so Im not using anything else than a 4096 heightmap with V3 - no problems at all? Furthermore, more than 5 million objects will cause lags in MP - experienced that a lot when playing Warfare on Chernarus.

Since half a year or so Im not using anything else than a 4096 heightmap with V3 - no problems at all? Furthermore, more than 5 million objects will cause lags in MP - experienced that a lot when playing Warfare on Chernarus.

hmm i read that by the use of 4096x4096(no matter what cell size)

that if i place a object, i cant select it anymore.

about more than 5 million objects: yeah it can cause lag in MP but im more a SP gamer and no one is used to force more than 5 million objects

but how do you know that? i mean we cannot even use more than 5 million objects because buldozer crash then.

hmm i read that by the use of 4096x4096(no matter what cell size)

that if i place a object, i cant select it anymore.

Your correct thats why he selfishly said "I have no problem" , meaning you should have no problem placing with third party scripts (there are two 3D Editor missions now to choose from in game and exporting to .Vis and then going to bulldozer and again putting finite movement in there , very long winded and risk of crashing is hightened , I had several and got fed up with it . its not a good way to really do it

wait, isnt altis made on 4096 terrain? if yes, then the bug is fixed on v4

Quite possible but then again "their" version of v4 maybe different from "our" version of v4 but since the two old v3 versions shared the same bug I would venture to say it's been fixed.

My one wish. Here it is. That they release v4 today so I don't have to listen to sealife complain anymore. Seriously. It's depressing me. I don't get you man. Why do you find the need to constantly put down other people in these forums who take time out of the day to help others who need it? It's disrespectful. I understand you want the new v4 to come out. Fine. But complaining, saying your going to leave the community, and bashing other people isn't going to make it appear any faster.

Quite. possible but then again "their" version of v4 maybe different from "our" version of v4 but since the two old v3 versions shared the same bug I would venture to say it's been fixed.

yeah i assume its fixed too. now

what we need is the increased objectlimit. need that fir a huge jungle island which require more than 5 million objects.

Quite possible but then again "their" version of v4 maybe different from "our" version of v4 but since the two old v3 versions shared the same bug I would venture to say it's been fixed.

My one wish. Here it is. That they release v4 today so I don't have to listen to sealife complain anymore. Seriously. It's depressing me. I don't get you man. Why do you find the need to constantly put down other people in these forums who take time out of the day to help others who need it? It's disrespectful. I understand you want the new v4 to come out. Fine. But complaining, saying your going to leave the community, and bashing other people isn't going to make it appear any faster.

how is this helpful when a guy wishes it to be fixed ?

Since half a year or so Im not using anything else than a 4096 heightmap with V3 - no problems at all?

Honestly , maybe its just i believe telling DEVS that eveything is A OK when it isnt doesnt help progress and you dont , its really that simple , its in every walk of life ther are those who wish to progress and those who wish to "Make do" .

Sealife I don't understand that first sentence.

In regards to the second tho. I agrees with telling the devs what's broken and what needs fixing or what could be better. But first make sure your "telling" the right dev. And mostly all I see your "telling" is just bashing on people that are not devs

Edited by M1lkm8n

Hi Milkman

I dont recall bashing you in any post but i have recieved many from yourself , only you can resolve that part of your frustration.

You probably dont understand the first sentence out of Blind Fury maybe i dont know , i thin going back yo your first post today and remembering what you wrote and why you wrote it and mostly what you were responding too will help you understand that first sentence maybe.

I will stiop now as a promise, i dont like that you have emotions here that seem to be unstoppable because the core is mereley an agrevation by my posts

Happy terrain making. see ya around .

what do you want to see in visitors 4 ?

i would love to have:

- 4096 support

Afaik Visitor 4 can handle 8192 grid size.

The mapframe system of Visitor 4 works probably totally different than in Visitor 3, i guess that problem is solved, long long time ago.

Afaik Visitor 4 can handle 8192 grid size.

The mapframe system of Visitor 4 works probably totally different than in Visitor 3, i guess that problem is solved, long long time ago.

wow, from where did u got the infos?

Seven, try if the workaround works for you. I admit it is a bit annoying but still one CAN work with it - and that's what we all want instead of waiting?

Edited by ZeroG

Seven, try if the workaround works for you. I admit it is a bit annoying but still one CAN work with it - and that's what we all want instead of waiting?

i would like to try it but my graphic card is currently dead, will buy a new one soon. also my information about 5 million objectlimit which led to buldozer crash is based on the last post in this topic:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?160000-objectlimit-for-arma-3

maybe only he got the crash for some other reasons and we are already able to place more than 5 million objects? the guy in that topic which i postet above is my only source.

maybe someone here from the forum can try the workaround and post the result if buldozer crash when objectnumbers are above 5 million? it would be helpful if someone can try it. i would but im unable to test it with a dead graphic card ( im on mobile now) sorry