Sign in to follow this  
zelectec

Loap

Hello,

with this thread I announce a project.

The full name is "Life of a pilot" and means in short i want more advanced helicopters and their controls.

Im pretty new to modding as a whole topic, but i do work as a graphicdesigner in realworld. That means i wont have any problems with the creative part but the coding/scitping/function will be a pain in the arse.

Im doing right now the equipment which translates into towing-tractors, starter-units,hydraulic units and some other stuff.

The first model i finish is the A/S32A-31a tow tractor.

My mod will be in 2035 so normally this vehicle would be a long time out of service, but i do this vehicle for possible other mods (nimitz and other jet mods) too.

The next vehicle is the A/S32A-32 tow tractor.

Im yet not sure which helicopter i choose but im willing to do atleast two choppers in max detail. So if anyone has a suggestion, please post it in this thread. When you know "realworld"-pilots which would work together on documentation that would be even better. I would love to see some suggestion/ideas from the community since i enjoy the "love" in the arma gaming-community.

This mod is not limited to military choppers. I would even prefer civilian helicopters since i was a "simcopter"-fanboy and enjoyed that playstyle too. Every helicopter would be possible.

I will post updates from models/textures or whatever in this thread as i progress.....so if is there a update, everyone can read about it.

Im aprticipating in other mods too so please dont write "any news?". I stay dedicated to this project (LOAP) and wont leave it.

Edited by zelectec

While your idea is certainly a neat one it may be a bit too ambitious for a first start, I say this not to discourage but as a friendly caution, you don't want to go biting off more than you can chew only to become disheartened of your own ambition, especially if you plan on going so far. Scripting of such magnitude would not require only knowledge of the coding base but also a great deal of math work.

Start simple first and work your way up, the towering tractor is a great beginning to it all and would help introduce you to the mechanics. Then perhaps you could take the next step with a small and light helicopter, not something that would need to meet the requirements of lifting or something that would need to have weaponry, just something to get you familiar with that part of modding.

While your idea is certainly a neat one it may be a bit too ambitious for a first start, I say this not to discourage but as a friendly caution, you don't want to go biting off more than you can chew only to become disheartened of your own ambition, especially if you plan on going so far. Scripting of such magnitude would not require only knowledge of the coding base but also a great deal of math work.

Im involved in a other mods and the plan is when i finish on of that specific mods that i get help from one of the coders for atleast one vehicle on my end. On the other hand i learned everything i know about software regarding design myself so im pretty sure i can do that too :)

You can only do as much as you allow yourself due to your imagination/knowledge. I think this topic wont be such a problem. The only problem is the pure amount of knowledge for each seperate vehicle and their functions. Thats the reason why i let the community decide the helicopters since i would prefer to get first hand knowledge of a chopper cockpit rather than all out of books and videos which i do for the other mods.

edit: but thanks for your reply and its true what you suggest that i shouldnt overload myself.

Edited by zelectec

First update. Status:

http://imgur.com/a/BuzTj#0

50-60% done of the model.

-missing are motor, cockpit controls, wheels and some small details on the backside.

When anyone has a info regarding that 24v connection/plugin, please let me know.

http://i.imgur.com/48hlLyO.jpg

Edited by zelectec
some letters